Waffle trimmed from the vision thing discussion

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Quiff Boy wrote:jesus, that nearly even made sense :urff:
You've got yer loyal lieutenants now Herr Administrator, I recommend some R&R! :wink:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Pervy hormone-fuelled bastard? Moi? 's a fair cop. ;D
However, I prefer "caffiene-fuelled goth" (since the latter implies me being a pervy bastard anyway.) :lol:
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I'm getting the feeling the "don't play the victim" is a nice way of saying "stay still while we make fun of you".

I don't enjoy people talking over my head either, exactly.

If you say stuff like that, I'll react. I'm human. If you don't want me to, don't say stuff in the first place that I'll almost definitely get upset by.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Why can't you just stop thinking we're making fun of you, we'll only do that if you act like that, obviously :roll:

Just go ahead, have a laugh and all that, and problem's solved... That's about the only thing a HL'er needs, a proper sense of humor and being willing to relativate yourself...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I just didn't enjoy being stereotyped as the kind of person who's so secure they have to justify owning as many "goth" records as possible. At all.

I'm telling you now I don't fit that mould. I'm too fat.

So don't try to seriously shove me into it, or I'll flabbily bounce back in your face.

Perhaps it's just adjusting pains.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:Perhaps it's just adjusting pains.
Nail on the head.
анархия
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Rosalie wrote:I just didn't enjoy being stereotyped as the kind of person who's so secure they have to justify owning as many "goth" records as possible. At all.
@ rosalie: in all fairness, your very first post came across like a statement of intent, and not a very nice one at that.

you were defensive from the offset - you laid it all out there for people, and then stood back and invited offers.

not the best of starts really. and i see a similar pattern has continued...

if you dont bite people wont keep fishing.

@ everyone: what it comes down to is that i dont like people that create trouble on heartland. they threaten the wellbeing of the place, and its well documented that this is my baby and i will do whatever is required to secure that wellbeing. whatever is required.

as obviousman says, the only quality you need to fit in round here is the ability to laugh at yourself. life is too short to get het up about every tiny perceived injustice and little remark. apply the same rules to the rest of your life and i guarantee you will be a happier person.

so, can we all let bygones be bygones? :?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Dunno about ALL.. that would involve Mrs RJ getting on nicely with d00my all the time, and Mr RJ becoming good tempered.

Is that REALLY what we want? :eek:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hail the Boss :notworthy:

You could well paste the 'apply the same rules to the rest of your life' part into the 'got any good advice' thread :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Rosalie wrote:If you say stuff like that, I'll react. I'm human. If you don't want me to, don't say stuff in the first place that I'll almost definitely get upset by.
The whole of bloody Heartland cannot be held responsible for YOUR reactions and YOUR upset.

You don't like what people say in response to you and you views - live with it. Or go elsewhere.

Please. :roll:

If you provoke opinionated "discussion" you should not be surprised if some people hold the opinion that you're talking through a hole in your head.

(Sorry Quiff, but REALLY).
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Rosalie wrote:I just didn't enjoy being stereotyped as the kind of person who's so secure they have to justify owning as many "goth" records as possible. At all.
@ rosalie: in all fairness, your very first post came across like a statement of intent, and not a very nice one at that.

you were defensive from the offset - you laid it all out there for people, and then stood back and invited offers.

not the best of starts really. and i see a similar pattern has continued...

if you dont bite people wont keep fishing.

@ everyone: what it comes down to is that i dont like people that create trouble on heartland. they threaten the wellbeing of the place, and its well documented that this is my baby and i will do whatever is required to secure that wellbeing. whatever is required.

as obviousman says, the only quality you need to fit in round here is the ability to laugh at yourself. life is too short to get het up about every tiny perceived injustice and little remark. apply the same rules to the rest of your life and i guarantee you will be a happier person.

so, can we all let bygones be bygones? :?:
okei
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Quiff Boy wrote: can we all let bygones be bygones? :?:
a fair request boss.i'ld like to think that that was how it worked among intelligent peeps anyway...and those who seem to take umbridge longer seem to stay away 'til they've got over it (mentioning no names,natch :wink: ).
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Oh thank God!
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote:Oh thank God!
Your sunglasses still look funny though.
James Blast
Banned

Rosalie wrote:Your sunglasses still look funny though.
that's more like it! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
James, would you mind if I pointed out to you that, at her current pace, Rosalie may overtake your post count before the next Sisters gig?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Petseri wrote:
James Blast wrote:
James, would you mind if I pointed out to you that, at her current pace, Rosalie may overtake your post count before the next Sisters gig?
See the drama enter the room :eek:

(as my profile just informed me, I only do 1.96 posts a day, so no problems there :innocent: )
Last edited by Obviousman on 23 Jul 2005, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

If you change it to the next Sisters album, then anything is possible...
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Rosalie wrote:If you change it to the next Sisters album, then anything is possible...
We'll all be married to Martians by then, for sure...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

not at all Martin
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Rosalie wrote:
boudicca wrote:Oh thank God!
Your sunglasses still look funny though.
NOW yer getting the hang of it! :lol: :wink:

Form an orderly queue to mock my facewear, please... :cry: :von: ;D
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:Form an orderly queue to mock my facewear, please... :cry: :von: ;D
odd choice of forehead
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
boudicca wrote:Form an orderly queue to mock my facewear, please... :cry: :von: ;D
odd choice of forehead
Um... yes. I just put on the first one I could find that morning...

Forgetting to first insert my BRAIN into my cranial cavity, as usual. :roll: :lol:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

boudicca wrote:
James Blast wrote:
odd choice of forehead
Um... yes. I just put on the first one I could find that morning...

Forgetting to first insert my BRAIN into my cranial cavity, as usual. :roll: :lol:
Just do like me... Put it on your bedside table, and you'll never forget it...
<insert to 'give me some good advice' thread>
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:Just do like me... Put it on your bedside table, and you'll never forget it...
<insert to 'give me some good advice' thread>
But how can you REMEMBER it if you don't have it in?

Your amphetamine logic is faulty.