Batman is so much cooler than Superman

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
Rosalie wrote:I'm not talking about all people, only some people, and the loophole this creates that allows homophones and racists to still have so much power in this world.
Tee hee.

"Homophones".

:lol:
Gay telephones? on our messageboard?!
Whatever next....?
Back to the original topic. Is this the gay answer to the Batphone?
анархия
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Rosalie wrote:I'm not talking about all people, only some people, and the loophole this creates that allows homophobes and racists to still have so much power in this world.
Oh right I get you now. You mean that some people's moral relativism/nihilism seems to excuse racism, homophobia as "another point of view and all points of view are equal" kind of thing?

Then I agree with you. And well, my "naked rampant" line can serve as a rebuke to them. ;) Bloody post-modernists :evil: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Pah.

I agree with Rosalie on one part, about Super being more like a role-model for homosexual comic-strip geeks, but following Dark's advice, gimme mister Crow any time. The comics as well as the first movie.(and when I'm in the mood, the second)

Or Sin City! Man, I just saw the movie a couple of days ago and it RULES!

And when are they going to do a decent filming of T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agents? ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

d00mw0lf wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
Rosalie wrote:I'm not talking about all people, only some people, and the loophole this creates that allows homophones and racists to still have so much power in this world.
Tee hee.

"Homophones".

Whatever next....?
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

smiscandlon wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:
smiscandlon wrote: Tee hee.

"Homophones".

Whatever next....?
Back to the original topic. Is this the gay answer to the Batphone?
Bat man or Batty boy, one does wonder...
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

As if a Dalek didn't already look enough like a novelty dildo.
анархия
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I like my new Gay Dalek.

I think I'll call him Francis ;)
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Rosalie wrote:This is a message board, not a Wah Wah pedal or Analog Synth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Best line you've ever given, Rosalie, good work. 8)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

smiscandlon wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:
smiscandlon wrote: Buggery bollocks. Just watched The War Games, and the Doctor is thoroughly affronted when the War Chief suggests that they're two of a kind.

So there. :P
Well you would be, wouldn't you?
In Shada, the Doctor notes that Salyavin (a criminal mastermind) was "a boyhood hero" of his.
In the last series - he told the Dalek "god" he would always take the coward's way out.
He was exiled to Earth for faffing about with other planets and pissing the timelords off.
His future regeneration (The Valeyard) was pure evil - he even brought Colin baker's regeneration back to gallifrey, put him on trial and then tried to kill him.
Ok, so the doc's not "just evil" but he can hardly be considered a good guy either.
He'll always be a good guy to me. :kiss:
The Doctor is a renegade due to his anti-authoritarian viewpoint, but not from a good/evil standpoint since his morality seems within the accepted boundaries of his culture.

His attitude to authority is frequently depicted as being irreverant - something which is seen as bad/evil by those who like strict social hierarchies, and as good by those who dislike them.

So clearly he can be a renegade at the same time as being a good guy, but only if you take a relativist viewpoint on morality (like most intelligent honest people do who aren't fundamentalist religious nutters, terrorists, politicians or the Daily Mail).

And as a postscript, he's a fictional character scripted by a legion of different writers over the past 40+ years for a light-entertainment TV show - I hardly think that you can expect editorial consistency of that standard for a show scripted by so many people over so long a period of time. Sheesh.

Who are you people?

Thea
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
What's that about a picture being worth a thousand words? :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:And as a postscript, he's a fictional character scripted by a legion of different writers over the past 40+ years for a light-entertainment TV show - I hardly think that you can expect editorial consistency of that standard for a show scripted by so many people over so long a period of time. Sheesh.
Not sure I agree. Surely the "editorial consistency" is that no matter how morally ambigious the situations the character's been placed in, he always strives to do what is "right" (free the oppressed, stop the fighting, protect the innocent etc.). That's been pretty constant throughout the history of the programme.
анархия
smiscandlon
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:What's that about a picture being worth a thousand words? :lol:
Worst ... cliche ... ever.
анархия
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Actually, even through his different regenerations, there has been quite a lot of consistancies of the character.

Keep in mind hundreds of years pass when we don't see him.

He starts out younger than 400(we're lead to believe), and ends up going over 900(Eccleston's Doctor).
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Thea
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:Actually, even through his different regenerations, there has been quite a lot of consistancies of the character.

Keep in mind hundreds of years pass when we don't see him.

He starts out younger than 400(we're lead to believe), and ends up going over 900(Eccleston's Doctor).
But the doctor's age could vary due to lots of things such as the planet he's on (surley an Earth year is different to a Gallifreyan one?) and if he's using his "showbiz age" or not :lol: .
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

He always gives his age in earth years, ever since Patrick Troughton says "Well, in your time.." in Tomb of the Cybermen.

But yeah, the Doctor probably lies about his age, a lot. He might not even know. It's never been that consistant.

What we do know though is that he went almost 400 years at least without a regeneration.

Where did he clock in another 500 years though? Don't the last ep of one series and the first of another usually run into each other in some form of another? I better read up on it.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Thea
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:He always gives his age in earth years, ever since Patrick Troughton says "Well, in your time.." in Tomb of the Cybermen.

But yeah, the Doctor probably lies about his age, a lot. He might not even know. It's never been that consistant.

What we do know though is that he went almost 400 years at least without a regeneration.

Where did he clock in another 500 years though? Don't the last ep of one series and the first of another usually run into each other in some form of another? I better read up on it.
Well, in the film, the master was put on trial and sentanced to death.
If his trial was anything like "Trial of a timelord" that'll be at LEAST 500 years! :lol: (it takes a special type of person to watch all of Trial in one go...)
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

OH BOY COLIN BAKER!!!

:D

Sorry, you mentioned ToaT >.<
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Thea
Overbomber

Gah. That picture is FAR too colourful for this time in the afternoon.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

OMG GOFF XD
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Thea
Overbomber

I'm not a goth. I'm more of a monochrome folk-punk.
Or a sepiatone bag lady on a bad day.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Well I think you're lovely.

And other such polite reassurances :)
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Thea
Overbomber

Damn. There go my hopes of ever achieveing mutant chic.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

f**k that Dalek is pink. It barely looked that way when I was doing it, it was more whitey pink.

Now that I looked at it...

Anne Widdecombe sucks.
rian
Slight Overbomber

The swedish Kapten Zoom, from 1976 shild program on TV

;D
I think someone set my soul alight
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

rian wrote:The swedish Kapten Zoom, from 1976 shild program on TV

;D
Well well well a superhero drawing a pension?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell