Pics of the New Doctor Who.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thea
Overbomber

He looks more like The Doctor than Eccles did. Gotta love that suit.
Still say he's too bloody young-looking :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Tennis shoes with a suit? Do your top button and tie up properly. And get that shirt tucked in boy. What about the buttons on your jacket? Are there no mirrors in your TARDIS?

:lol: I seem to have come over all schoolmasterish.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

He's much too young looking, and I don't approve of his footwear.
Chucking another log on
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

d00mw0lf wrote:Image

He looks more like The Doctor than Eccles did. Gotta love that suit.
Still say he's too bloody young-looking :roll:
I quite like him actually. He's got an eccentric look to him, I love the way the coat and suit REALLY don't match. Colours are a bit ick though. They'll probably change throughout time like Tom Baker's did.

And he's not as young as Davison was. But young people seem to look "younger" these days.

Did Billie finally get her roots done?
Last edited by Rosalie on 25 Jul 2005, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

The shoes are a definite problem.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Thea
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:He's much too young looking, and I don't approve of his footwear.
Didn't notice them.... I don't like them either come to think of it :|
I know people keep dragging up the Davison thing but they all seem to forget Davison was a crap Doctor! :lol:
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I liked Davison. Not a favourite, but he was great in the Five Doctors. I don't dislike any of the Doctors. It'd go a bit like this:

T. Baker
McCoy/Eccleston tied
Troughton
Pertwee
Davison
C. Baker

I never saw McGann and don't really remember Hartnell :/

He looks a lot like a detective. If you didn't know better, you'd nearly think it was promo for Heartbeat.
Last edited by Rosalie on 25 Jul 2005, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
ruffers
Overbomber

Have I missed something, who keeps dragging up the Davison thing?

He was awful (as a Doctor) and would have got his head kicked in at my school. He was OK in All Creatures Great And Small though. That would have been my contribution anyway :lol:
Chucking another log on
ruffers
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:I liked Davison. Not a favourite, but he was great in the Five Doctors. I don't dislike any of the Doctors. It'd go a bit like this:

T. Baker
McCoy/Eccleston tied
Troughton
Pertwee
Davison
C. Baker

I never saw McGann and don't really remember Hartnell :/

He looks a lot like a detective. If you didn't know better, you'd nearly think it was promo for Heartbeat.
McCoy?

Were you dropped on you head as a child or something? :lol: :wink:
Chucking another log on
Thea
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:Have I missed something, who keeps dragging up the Davison thing?

He was awful (as a Doctor) and would have got his head kicked in at my school. He was OK in All Creatures Great And Small though. That would have been my contribution anyway :lol:
Persons on various messageboards and Livejournal communities. Seems to be a common theme to go "Ahh... but Davison was younger!" and think that makes it all ok.
And then I have to kill them.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ruffers wrote:McCoy?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The impression I got from McCoy was the casting director or whatever thought "Well, we want to get rid of this program, so let's cast the most ridiculous w@nker we can as the Doctor..."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I don't see what's wrong with him being young. Baker didn't look that much older in his early days.

I just think he's slightly "stripped down" while being eccentric, and thus doesn't entirely put him one way or another. That puts his actual *face* on the line for once, which was something you never noticed as much before, thus why he seems so much "younger" and why that youth appears to be a problem.

Still say Matt Bellamy from Muse would have made a great doctor :P

Personally, I think he'll be a great doctor, dare I say rivalling McCoy and Baker?

He's really into the part. They were the only two Doctors that were as much into the part as Tennant appears to be.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
ruffers wrote:McCoy?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The impression I got from McCoy was the casting director or whatever thought "Well, we want to get rid of this program, so let's cast the most ridiculous w@nker we can as the Doctor..."
McCoy was great! He didn't get the best *era* but that wasn't his fault. He represented a lot of aspects of the Doctor that people forgot about.

I think he's great.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Thea
Overbomber

McCoy is CLEARLY the best doctor.
If only for battlefield.
If only for Mordred....
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

d00mw0lf wrote:McCoy is CLEARLY the best doctor.
If only for battlefield.
If only for Mordred....
stuff and nonsense.

Baker.

Tom, of course.
Thea
Overbomber

MORDRED MORDRED MORDRED!
Tall, black-haired, chainmail-wearing bloke-with-a-sword who loved his Mummy a bit too much. what more could you want?!
*swoons*
ruffers
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:I don't see what's wrong with him being young. Baker didn't look that much older in his early days.

Personally, I think he'll be a great doctor, dare I say rivalling McCoy and Baker?
As I said I think we should be setting our sights a touch higher than rivalling McCoy.

Re the "younger" question. The Doctor has seen things, he's experienced things across time and space, he's seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion and all that. Yes, he can look young if he must but he needs to carry with that youth the weight of experience and frankly I don't that think this fellah is up to the job.
Chucking another log on
Thea
Overbomber

Good point... I suppose it's our feeble Earth brains being unable to process a 900-year-old timetraveling alien as looking like a young Earth lad.

Oh, and Elizabeth Sladen's in the new series *giggles*
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

d00mw0lf wrote:MORDRED MORDRED MORDRED!
Tall, black-haired, chainmail-wearing bloke-with-a-sword who loved his Mummy a bit too much. what more could you want?!
*swoons*
Sorry, but Tom wins with his legendary "Can I do it" scene from "Genesis of the Daleks" (Best ... Episode ... Ever).

Doctor: 'If someone who knew the future, pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil, to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives... could you then kill that child?'

Sarah Jane Smith: 'We're talking about the Daleks. The most evil creatures ever invented. You must destroy them. You must complete your mission for the Time Lords!'

Doctor: 'Do I have the right? Simply touch one wire against the other and that's it. The Daleks cease to exist. Hundreds of millions of people, thousands of generations can live without fear... in peace, and never even know the word "Dalek".'

Sarah Jane Smith: 'Then why wait? If it was a disease or some sort of bacteria you were destroying, you wouldn't hesitate.'

Doctor: 'But if I kill. Wipe out a whole intelligent life form, then I become like them. I'd be no better than the Daleks.'

(took me bloody ages to find that pic on the net)
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 25 Jul 2005, 18:29, edited 2 times in total.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Hahaha. At least it proves the "black and white" thing wrong.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
ruffers
Overbomber

And by "Dalek" the doubt had been resolved iirc. "You, would, make, a good.....Dalek" Killer line that.

Great picture find btw :notworthy:
Chucking another log on
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

lazarus corporation wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:McCoy is CLEARLY the best doctor.
If only for battlefield.
If only for Mordred....
stuff and nonsense.

Baker.

Tom, of course.
without a shadow of a doubt.
and apart from billie piper,tom had the best assistant IMO -the scantily-clad warrior woman ,leela (prob.incorrect spelling).and k-9.

ecclestone was excellent.

pertwee was the first dr. that i watched.at that age (i was under five) he was cool.in fact he stayed my 2nd favourite doctor until the last series.

personally i would like to see a woman in the role (not sure who as such).theres nothing theoretically to stop 'him' regenerating as a female.the BBC did a radio series with the "does my bum look big in this?" woman from the fast show as the dr. which was (apparently) well received.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Debaser
Overbomber

Fav's - Tom B (as these were the ones we watched the most)
John P (my first Doctor)
Christopher (well he's lush)

Still think Eddie would make a superb Time Lord.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Good morning geeky boys and girls. :wink:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

THE DISEASE IS SPREADING.