If you...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

If you think you don't have enough time for everything you should do, if you are afraid you don't have enough money for everything you have planned to do during your holidays, if you feel bad - just go to your dentist, just to a quick visit to be sure everything is OK before you'll go abroad - and you'll understand you didn't feel so bad, you wasn't skint... before that visit.

Heh! :)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

We've done dentists, Indrek...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7819

Haven't you been paying attention?
Last edited by boudicca on 26 Jul 2005, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i didn't post on that thread either.(...wait a minute?).

and i don't do dentists.mother nature seems to extract mine a little bit at a time... :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i didn't post on that thread either.(...wait a minute?).

and i don't do dentists.mother nature seems to extract mine a little bit at a time... :innocent:
then after some time i wrote:tried to get some sleep.got raging toothache.got up again. :evil:

*bonus* -(anythings a bonus when you've got toothache.)
i get to post the same reply on two threads;both relevant.my cup runneth fukking over! :roll:

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:notworthy: Only you can and get away with it :lol:
8) Take the nurse's advise ......get that tooth seen to :!: :wink:

MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
ruffers
Overbomber

For the first time I can remember the check up last week concluded with "no fillings required, my ruffers". My joy was tempered by a mention of some cells on my cheek that could turn into something that could need testing that could turn into mouth cancer.

This is not unconnected with my stopping smoking.
Chucking another log on
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@ruffers - sorry to hear that.....although I had the *Big C* lazered out my body at the tender age of 20. From the gut instinct (no lies!!) went to the doctor who called me back 2 days later with the mad news and if it hadn't been sorted out then.....wouldn't be mom of 2 today.

All beings have cancer cells in their body......certain substances *react* the cells that cause cancer - sometimes you catch it sometimes it catches you. Many in my life have died from it (R.I.P) and hope that life saves you from that hell.

@ruffers - look after yourself and the mind IS a powerful weapon when it comes to illness :kiss:

MB
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:my cup runneth fukking over! :roll:
:lol:

Why don't you do what our ancestors did and tie a piece of string to the door? Then SLAM!!!! :twisted:

Mighty painful, but it works a charm...

(@RUFFERS - All the best mate. Catching these things early is the key, and it looks like you've done that. Good luck in giving up the fags.)
ruffers
Overbomber

Don't get the wrong idea (Although thanks for your thoughts!) There are a whole load of ifs and maybes involved before it gets anywhere near that stage, the dentist was probably just being ultra observant. My main point is that it becomes a lot less abstract than a few words on a fag packet when a medical professional talks about potential in your cells.

I was still pleased at the no fillings!
Last edited by ruffers on 26 Jul 2005, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Chucking another log on
Dark
Underneath the Rock

...close.. the door.. I'd never have to see the day again.

Sorry, Dark = Velvets-junkie. ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

ruffers wrote:Don't get the wrong idea (Although thanks for your thoughts!) There are a whole load of ifs and maybes involved before it gets anywhere near that stage, the dentist was probably just being ultra observant. My main point is that it becomes a lot less abstract than a few words on a fag packet when a medical professional talks about potential in your cells.

I was still pleased at the no fillings!
Well I'm ruddy bloody glad to hear it (sorry, I seem to have been possessed by the spirit of Alan Partridge lately!)...

... those are VERY BIG WORDS though, that you see on fag packets these days. I always wonder what it's like to be a smoker and to continuously open little packets that tell you "WARNING: EVIL TAR-FILLED DEATH-STICKS INSIDE", and so on. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can see how it pisses them off... I mean, way to bring someone down! :lol: :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:I always wonder what it's like to be a smoker and to continuously open little packets that tell you "WARNING: EVIL TAR-FILLED DEATH-STICKS INSIDE", and so on.:
You can buy little stickers to cover up the health warnings with witty phrases such as Smoking is cool, Stopping smoking decreases your lunch breaks and such like.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:
boudicca wrote:I always wonder what it's like to be a smoker and to continuously open little packets that tell you "WARNING: EVIL TAR-FILLED DEATH-STICKS INSIDE", and so on.:
You can buy little stickers to cover up the health warnings with witty phrases such as Smoking is cool, Stopping smoking decreases your lunch breaks and such like.
What? Spend even more money on them, when you can just turn the packet round...? :roll: :lol:

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote: You can buy little stickers to cover up the health warnings with witty phrases such as Smoking is cool, Stopping smoking decreases your lunch breaks and such like.
A couple of my mates have one that says It doesn't count if you're drunk. We suggested a few more situations in which that sticker could apply, and ended up with me getting beaten heavily about the face and shoulders. Never be sarcastic to a couple of women who have synchronised...

:wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

timsinister wrote:Never be sarcastic to a couple of women who have synchronised...
You swim, Tim? :innocent:

Hey, that rhymes! Go me! 8)
ruffers
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
markfiend wrote:
What? Spend even more money on them, when you can just turn the packet round...? :roll: :lol:

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!
They do have labels on both sides.... :innocent: at least they did when I was a smoker :lol:
Chucking another log on
eastmidswhizzkid

boudicca wrote:Why don't you do what our ancestors did and tie a piece of string to the door? Then SLAM!!!! :twisted:
when i say "tooth" what i should say really is "stump".it's the rotting remains of a molar that has lost two-and-half of its sides and most of the insides.there's not enough left to get ahold of.unfortunately one of it's remaining components is the nerve-accessable through a teensy hole just big enough to get the tip of a cocktail stick in.

@ mb -nurse knows very well that the wonders of modern medicine and pain relief are equalled only by the darkages savagery and sadistic brutality of the dentist: i'ld rather have occasional toothache than extraction.at this rate there'll be none of it left by new year.

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

8) @eastmidswhizzkid - If you act like a *girl* this won't work :!:
Get p*ssed to the stage YOU don't feel pain anymore. Ask someone who isn't *scared* to then.....with a knife (heat it RED hot to kill germs) and then slowly let them take-out the roots of what's left of your tooth. A digging motion jumps to mind. Have something to *spit* into (ridding the broken bits of tooth now "dislodged" and the blood). Also make sure the person helping you is sober. Then drink yourself into a coma.
:idea: Have the phone at hand if you start bleeding to death.

P.S. Don't take this information into consideration if under the influence of ;D will only lead to :cry:

:twisted: MB
p.s.s. pm me if you *truely* consider this :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
ruffers
Overbomber

Or you could just go to the dentist.
Chucking another log on
rian
Slight Overbomber

As said on the old thread, I HATE DENTISTS!

Because of my accident, I had to visit mine 3 times within 6 weeks. And the last visit included lots of pain. :(

And those plastic front teeth I have now, dosent do the job! And they still hurt!
I think someone set my soul alight
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Eww-heeeewwww!Image

Unecessarily graphic, MB!

:lol:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

8) :lol: You see.....people with sensitive stomaches were supposed to be warned :!: Sorry to those who have just eaten or are in the process... :wink: :innocent:

MB
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid

MadameButterfly wrote:8) @eastmidswhizzkid - If you act like a *girl* this won't work :!:
Get p*ssed to the stage YOU don't feel pain anymore. Ask someone who isn't *scared* to then.....with a knife (heat it RED hot to kill germs) and then slowly let them take-out the roots of what's left of your tooth. A digging motion jumps to mind. Have something to *spit* into (ridding the broken bits of tooth now "dislodged" and the blood). Also make sure the person helping you is sober. Then drink yourself into a coma.
:idea: Have the phone at hand if you start bleeding to death.

P.S. Don't take this information into consideration if under the influence of ;D will only lead to :cry:

:twisted: MB
p.s.s. pm me if you *truely* consider this :innocent:
i drink from the minute i wake-up to the minute i go to sleep unless i have to drive.and i've lived above the chemist for a long while.so i no longer get pissed in the mindless-f**ked way and it certainly doesn't kill pain.

however ibuprofen and aspirin work ok most of the time,unless i'm sticking cocktail sticks into the cavity in a vain attempt to fish-out the long-gone fragment of smarties shell that caused it.
all it took this morning was some sleep-repellant and an early morning chat to the inmates at heartland asylum.
not a problem.

and i need that stump for chewing.when it's all crumbled on top the roots prove invaluable.no nerve in the roots-no pain.i have two that have already gone this way.better than theoriginal design in my book.

pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:We've done dentists, Indrek...

Rammstein dentists? Is it something like a kung-fu nurse bear?

boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:
boudicca wrote:We've done dentists, Indrek...

Rammstein dentists? Is it something like a kung-fu nurse bear?

:) Not dissimilar...