Currently Smoking - Nothing

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

Not had a fag today for the first time in years and so far so good. None of that nicotine replacement gum stuff, I've tried that before and it's worse than smoking.

I'm being if anything a bit hyper at the moment. All a bit weird but so far so good, it really is time to stop. And according to the little sign on my desk my oxygen levels have returned to normal already which one would imagine can only be good.

Further update tomorrow.

(I don't care if you're not interested by the way, this is therapy :lol: )
Chucking another log on
rian
Slight Overbomber

Haven't had one since January 7 2000.

And I feel fine :)

Good luck! You gonna need it. :wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
Dark
Underneath the Rock

LazCorp and others were giving up too when last I heard.
How's that going?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I haven't had a ciggy for 3 months (or whenever it was I said I was giving up).

I had 3 packs of nictoine-free herbal fags to steady the nerves on the first 3-4 days, then went cold turkey.

After 3 months, I'm now officially a non-smoker :)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

lazarus corporation wrote:nictoine-free herbal fags
Oh aye...? :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

boudicca wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:nictoine-free herbal fags
Oh aye...? :innocent:
no, not that type!

seriously, NTB are the best ones - far better than those Honeyrose ones.

@ruffers - good luck - if you have bad pangs over the first few days (while you're kicking the physical/chemical addiction) then I'd suggest getting a pack or 5 of these - they deal with the psyhcological addiction while you're dealing with the physical addiction.

After the first week of not smoking you should do away with the herbal ones as well and start working on the psychological addiction of reaching for the fag packet every five minutes.

Last edited by lazarus corporation on 25 Jul 2005, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Good way to get started as well, I shouldn't wonder. :twisted:

Ease yourself into the habit...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

A kipper.

ruffers
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:A kipper.

[/img]
:lol:
Chucking another log on
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Had all the good intentions together wit Laz, but failed the test after one week :|

Will try again one of these days...really.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

currently smoking outside due to impending fatherhood.it's a pain in the arse.therefore it is my intention to stop the day it's born.(after i've wet its head,natch :wink: )
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

That was my plan. (My boy is ten next month :urff: )

Anyway, it's now 24 hours. Carbon monoxide has been eliminated from my body, huzzah! The risk of a heart attack is being to drop and my lungs are starting to clear out mucus and other smoking debris (ashtrays, lighters, that kind of thing)

I'm not quite as happy about it as yesterday but not too bad so far.
Chucking another log on
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ruffers wrote:That was my plan. (My boy is ten next month :urff: )
:lol: i'm sure that'll be the reality of it for me!

though i am gonna try.honest... :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

We're all proud of you Ruffers. :notworthy:

I found a good way around these problem, I ain't gonna smoke. :lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

<patronising mode on>

That's the single most sensible decision you will probably ever make young man, and one I wish I'd stuck to myself.

<off>
Chucking another log on
ruffers
Overbomber

This morning I am in an exceptionally bad mood. My skin's crawling, I've slept awfully for two nights now and I can't concentrate on anything.

On the flip side my guidelines say there is now "no nicotine left in my body. Sense of smell and taste is much better. Nerve endings starting to regrow."
Chucking another log on
Debaser
Overbomber

I'm in a real dilema at the moment...I LOVE smoking but am sort of thinking about giving up (tried it before and it lasted 4 + years each time (Quiffy's GF is to blame for my lapse a few years ago :D :D :D :D)

Anyway, the Chair of Govenors at my school has been making my life at school hell over the past three or four months. First at a Gov meeting, where the No Smoking policy was up for renewal, she directed ALL the questions and demands at me (I am NOT the only smoker at school) We are not allowed to smoke on school site, which is fair enough, have to tell kids about the dangers blah di blah.) But that's by the by, EVERYTHIG was aimed and directed at me.

More recently and 6 pm on Wednesday evening BEFORE a Parent's Evening, I was just leaving the school site and she collared me again. 'Where are you going , you are not allowed to smoke on site' I was going off school site (there's a public foot path that's over grown and is out of bounds to the kids DURING SCHOOL TIME). Then she proceded to grill me about not letting the kids see me and using the foot path was not good enough...blah di blah di blah

Sigh.....so in my strange way, I refuse to give up just in case she thinks she's forced me too - Debaser logic at work, it's a dangerous thing :D :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:I'm in a real dilema at the moment...I LOVE smoking but am sort of thinking about giving up (tried it before and it lasted 4 + years each time (Quiffy's GF is to blame for my lapse a few years ago :D :D :D :D)

Anyway, the Chair of Govenors at my school has been making my life at school hell over the past three or four months. First at a Gov meeting, where the No Smoking policy was up for renewal, she directed ALL the questions and demands at me (I am NOT the only smoker at school) We are not allowed to smoke on school site, which is fair enough, have to tell kids about the dangers blah di blah.) But that's by the by, EVERYTHIG was aimed and directed at me.

More recently and 6 pm on Wednesday evening BEFORE a Parent's Evening, I was just leaving the school site and she collared me again. 'Where are you going , you are not allowed to smoke on site' I was going off school site (there's a public foot path that's over grown and is out of bounds to the kids DURING SCHOOL TIME). Then she proceded to grill me about not letting the kids see me and using the foot path was not good enough...blah di blah di blah

Sigh.....so in my strange way, I refuse to give up just in case she thinks she's forced me too - Debaser logic at work, it's a dangerous thing :D :D
Genuine question from a non-smoker.

How on Earth can you love smoking?
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

You can't really explain the feeling to a non-smoker. But I'm with ya Debs <lights up>. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm the same though. There's this new rule at the hospital that says you must not wear your uniform to or from work. Fair enough. I totally understand that. NOW they are trying to make us get changed just to go to the smoking shed outside. Flip that. By the time we've got changed and buggered off outside, our fifteen mins will be up!
Only a paand.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:You can't really explain the feeling to a non-smoker. But I'm with ya Debs <lights up>. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hey, sounds good! I must try it myself.

Ain't peer pressure a great thing? :D
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

<needs a fag now>
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

ruffers wrote:This morning I am in an exceptionally bad mood. My skin's crawling, I've slept awfully for two nights now and I can't concentrate on anything.

On the flip side my guidelines say there is now "no nicotine left in my body. Sense of smell and taste is much better. Nerve endings starting to regrow."
You're going through the worst bit now. If you've got the strength to get through the next 2 days then it's surprisingly easier after that.

I was smoking 40-60 a day up to 3 months ago, and I managed it. I can smell the sea again now, which I couldn't before - it brings back loads of childhod memories.
ruffers
Overbomber

Chucking another log on
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Keep the good work going and don't you dare to start again :wink: :P
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I know is should stop. I know it's not good for me....Blah blah blah blah....I'll stop when I get preggers again and not before. I've tried. I don't have the willpower unless I'm doing it for someone else. Was a piece of p*ss giving up when I found out I was preggers. Funny thing, the mind.
Only a paand.