Bottled Water Survey

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Hey all,

My friend is doing a degree in some sort of hippy nonsense and asked if I would post this up so she can get some more survey replies. Please just quote the questions and put your replies under each question.

And don't let this thread wander off! :lol:

Thanks!

1.Do you buy bottled water regularly? If so how often (daily weekly, monthly)?

2. Do you but water more often for home consumption or socially?

3. Does your household regularly use a recycling scheme provided for by the council?

4. Do you take plastic bottles home to be recycled or put them in the nearest bin?

5. Would you be willing to pay a few pence extra for the water to fund a more convenient industry-sponsored recycling system such as plastics-only bins located in shopping centres?
24.24.2.489 Deceased
ruffers
Overbomber

Weekly

Home

3. Does your household regularly use a recycling scheme provided for by the council?

Nope

4. Do you take plastic bottles home to be recycled or put them in the nearest bin?

Bin

5. Would you be willing to pay a few pence extra for the water to fund a more convenient industry-sponsored recycling system such as plastics-only bins located in shopping centres?

No

Answers are a mix of mine and girlfriends views. As my grandmother always said - "There's plenty of water in the tap".
Chucking another log on
Debaser
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:

weekly

home (well Gaz does, I'm more than happy to drink tap water

Oh yes

bin

no

[/b]
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

1. Do you buy bottled water regularly? If so how often (daily weekly, monthly)?
    Yes. monthly
    Home consumption
    Yes
    Nearest bin
    No
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

daily

2. Do you buy water more often for home consumption or socially?

home

yes

nearest bin

yes
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:

yes
awwwwwwwwwwww Quiffy, the environment's best friend :D
_emma_
Overbomber

monthly
home
there's no such thing as a recycling scheme here
nearest bin ('s the only opportunity there is)
yes

Oops, isn't this survey meant for people living in the UK? Well don't count my answers if it is. ;D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Monthly, though only really if it's a hot day in town.

Home

Yes

Usually take them home.

I think we already have some here, but if not, yes.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

1. Probably weekly.

2. Socially. We have taps in the flat.

3.Yes

4. Bin

5. How many pence? I probably don't buy enough water for this to be relevant.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote: Oops, isn't this survey meant for people living in the UK? Well don't count my answers if it is. ;D

No, the survey is open to all, she's already got a load of data from people on a Yank forum she posts on.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

yes
:lol:

maybe the larger soft drink companies should be forced to pay some kind of "clean up" fee based on number of units sold, too? :!:
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
maybe the larger soft drink companies should be forced to pay some kind of "clean up" fee based on number of units sold, too? :!:
I think that's a great idea

TzarQuiff :notworthy:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

We are the Drinksar
We know where the drinks are
We drive a long black car.

lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

No. Never.

N/A

Yes

nearest bin

er, since I don't buy bottled water, I don't care if the price is doubled
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

yes

Or maybe the people who buy their products should just dispose of them properly? Not rocket science, is it?
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

andymackem wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Debaser wrote: awwwwwwwwwwww Quiffy, the environment's best friend :D

Or maybe the people who buy their products should just dispose of them properly? Not rocket science, is it?
very true, in an ideal world... in a less-than-ideal world however anything would be an improvement.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

CellThree wrote:
Yes, daily.
Only socially. At home I only drink tab water.
Yes.
I re-use them for tab water, and eventually throw them in a public recycling bin.

Yes.
You can't fix stupid.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

weekly.

home.

yes

nearest bin.

no.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Weekly

Home

Do I do what? (that's a no I guess :lol: )

Nearest bin

Wouldn't mind
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andie
Overbomber

nope, don't buy bottled water anymore (britta filter)

i buy water socially when too hot or i'm the nominated driver

yes

take them home

nope
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

In Beijing they had bins which were divided up into different sections for recyclable and 'not-recyclable', with a further part for dead batteries.

That was fine, but only if you knew what the Beijing refuse teams could actually recycle. Since I didn't (and don't have enough Chinese to ask), I just had to 'not-recycle' everything. The scheme could work, but you need a lot of information to prevent contamination of your bins.

Thinking about it, the Chinese government probably has political dissidents to sift through the garbage and sort them out properly. I could have recycled everything!
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

1.Do you buy bottled water regularly? If so how often (daily weekly, monthly)? weekly

2. Do you but water more often for home consumption or socially? home consumption

3. Does your household regularly use a recycling scheme provided for by the council? yes

4. Do you take plastic bottles home to be recycled or put them in the nearest bin? in the nearest bin :oops:

5. Would you be willing to pay a few pence extra for the water to fund a more convenient industry-sponsored recycling system such as plastics-only bins located in shopping centres? yes
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

1.Do you buy bottled water regularly? If so how often (daily weekly, monthly)? two to three times a week

home consumption

Yes

recycle or re-use

yes
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

andymackem wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Debaser wrote: awwwwwwwwwwww Quiffy, the environment's best friend :D

First of all we should stop chavs throwing their rubbish in the street. I still can't believe people do that. It makes my blood boil. :evil:
Only a paand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

CellThree wrote:
YES, EVERY WEEK. THE WATER IN OUR HOUSE IS NOT POTABLE DUE TO HIGH LEAD CONTENT :eek:

HOME

YES, IN THE SENSE THAT WE TAKE OUR RECYCLING TO THE COUNCIL RECYCLING CENTRE EVERY WEEK OR TWO

WE TAKE THEM TO THE CENTRE, REMOVE THE LIDS, CRUSH THEM, AND DEPOSIT THEM IN THE APPROPRIATE CONTAINER :notworthy:

I'M HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT SYSTEM <FOR ME> BUT WOULD APPROVE OF SUCH A SYSTEM IF IT ENCOURAGED <OTHER PEOPLE> TO RECYCLE MORE
/quote]
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...