Alice black/white cover is a bootleg

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Tin-Can-Man
Road Kill

Why do people manage to flog Alice with it's balck/white cover on e-bay as a rare 1st release when it was (and I can remember when it was released) a bootleg?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

On Oct 4, 2002 9:38pm, Tin-Can-Man wrote:
Why do people manage to flog Alice with it's balck/white cover on e-bay as a rare 1st release when it was (and I can remember when it was released) a bootleg?
For the same reason they sell the Damage Done boot for the real stuff... They don't know better... :innocent:

IZZY.

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mr tin can, i am really interested how do you know the
gold/white alice is a bootleg ? I always thought it was a misspress.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

On Oct 8, 2002 7:09pm, Drsisters wrote:
mr tin can, i am really interested how do you know the
gold/white alice is a bootleg ? I always thought it was a misspress.
doktor - look twice maybe even think twice

the gold white is official and a misspress

he was saying black white, there is a difference :razz:
Goths have feelings too
Tin-Can-Man
Road Kill

I actually meant the fairly common white and gold cover. Andrew Eldritch told me it was a bootleg in 1984.