"when's the game itself going to begin?"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

right then. if we can all pretend that the last test never happened perhaps we can bask in the glow of trescothick smacking warne back over his head for six.

no mcgrath either. shame.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Guardian over-by-over coverage wrote:So far this pitch looks about as dangerous as Jason Donavon's left hook
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

freddie :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

that is all
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Seems like a well-balanced first day.

Can't help but fear a lot of runs tomorrow, though.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I was just getting excited about the Harmison 'smashes' when the inevitable happened.

It's great listening though, the hours are whizzing by...
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Must confess I've been diverted by Durham's promotion clash with Essex in the county championship.

Not for the first time it seems my boys are recovering from an iffy start (we batted like lemons after lunch on the first day) and are quietly building a challenging position.

Lead of 180 going into the third day, four wickets in hand. It's going to be a close finish but on a brand new Southend pitch the ball is keeping low and slow, with some movement off the seam. Batting was easier yesterday when it was very warm and sunny, but it's damp and overcast this morning. I wouldn't fancy chasing much more than 200 on this track so I'm hoping to finish work in time to watch the conclusion.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

FFS Dave wrote: Now if someone was to kneecap McGrath, we might be in with have a shout.
Fairly well predicted, even if I do say so myself. Though obviously I couldn't have imagined anything quite so ridiculous as standing on a stationary ball. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shame.

So, Gilchrist to slip in the shower? Langer to run away from some armed rozzers?
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Debaser
Overbomber

I will never tire of watching 'that' ball that got Strauss out...that one and the one that got Gatting out many moons ago. What that man can do with a ball is truly awesome.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

EEEh, Derek has risen from the Corrie grave and is at Edgebaston :D :D :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
scotty
Overbomber

Sunday 7 August,Tynecastle,14.00,Hearts :notworthy: v H**s :evil: ,the REAL Scottish Football derby!'MON THE JAMBOS!!!
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

we won! by two runs! blimey...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
scotty
Overbomber

Hearts1-h**s0 :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:Hearts1-h**s0 :lol:
I used to live beside Tynecastle, Wardlaw Terrace, know it?
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
scotty wrote:Hearts1-h**s0 :lol:
I used to live beside Tynecastle, Wardlaw Terrace, know it?
Know it well!,it's at the back of the Wheatfield stand,my usual place from which to hurl abuse at the ref'!!,My Granda'was born on Gorgie Rd :notworthy:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:Know it well!,it's at the back of the Wheatfield stand
Hmm, you don't know it that well then :lol: , it's the street that runs past the Caley brewery from the top of Robbie Ave

map
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
scotty wrote:Know it well!,it's at the back of the Wheatfield stand
Hmm, you don't know it that well then :lol: , it's the street that runs past the Caley brewery from the top of Robbie Ave

map
:oops: ,Hmm,always think of Wardlaw as being on the side of Gorgie Rd,it was somewhere you'd always{nearly}get a ticket if you parked there,permit holders only and all that,now when I manage to get to a game I park at the new Fountain Park complex,free,you'v' just got to get your ticket stamped at the pictures or buy coke from Mcdonalds,and from there you MUST! walk past "DIGGERS",is there a better pint of 80' in scotland?.
scotty
Overbomber

HEARTS 2-H**S 0,what a great sunday this is turning out to be!
scotty
Overbomber

Hearts 4 -H**s 0,YA DANCER!!,I'll shut up about football now and let you all speak about rounders again!.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

I even had an e-mail from my Polish friend who was quite excited about it. (see other thread)

She's worked out there are no horses involved!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

or donkeys this time,it seems. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: