What Can You See?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

...when you look out of your window? A rather odd question, but we've hit a dead hour at work so I'm twiddling my thumbs.

From my - heavily barred - window, I can see our yard, and the gates. A large tree is having a fight with a brick wall. A skip full of rubbish. A local Council-owned facility that trains baseball-cap sporting morons how to paint. A school.

You?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

no windows here at work. not from my office anyway....

if i walk across room, down the corridor and into another dept's office (who are lucky enough to have offices on the outside of the building, rather than in the bloody middle) and peer out of their window i can see a red brick wall, which is the side of the st. john shopping center.

if i go into a director's office or admin dept office i can see across the headrow and down through the town centre towards shops like game, past-times, hmv, etc

lovely.

:|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
aims
Overbomber

I can see a couple of apple trees, a pond and a trampoline. That's probably my back garden, but I don't go out there frequently enough to remember :innocent:
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

To my left A smallish council estate blazing in sunlight right now...
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The brick wall of the offices on the other side of the street.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Some houses.
Only a paand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

*looks out the window*
Nice house..
Nice trees..
Nice flowers..
Nice people..

Anyone wanna come to the nice post office?
Silver_Owl
The Don

A bush just outside and across the courtyard a rather attractive dark haired girl called Caroline. Passes the time.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

gardens. trees. flowers. the wheeliebin.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

So, apart from Mr. Corleone we're not seeing a very interesting world, are we? Sympathies to all.
HC, you need to get a camera, take some pictures and brighten our day! :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Righto Tim. I'll just nip round and say "excuse me Caroline, would you mind undoing a few more buttons and smiling. It's for a bunch of perverts on a dodgy goff forum."

Caroline: "No problem Steve, why don't I take these annoying trousers off as well?"

Oh well, back to the world of dreams.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
aims
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:So, apart from Mr. Corleone we're not seeing a very interesting world, are we?
Not through our windows, certainly.

That's what webcams are for :innocent:
Batfish
Road Kill

I can see the roof of the Arndale centre, the Premier Travel Inn, No. 1 Deansgate and 'The Triangle' shops. The windows are very, very dirty. In the distance I can see Winter Hill beyond Bolton, which at 456 metres (1498 feet) is the highest point around here. If I look behind me <swivels round. swivels back> I can see the construction of Beetham Tower, which will be the tallest building outside London. When it is finished, I expect most of you will be able to see it. From there I would expect to be able to see Snowdonia. But not Leeds. I don't think you could see Leeds from there.
Hooray For Everything
Silver_Owl
The Don

Batfish wrote: In the distance I can see Winter Hill beyond Bolton, which at 456 metres (1498 feet) is the highest point around here.
Nice to see somebody who knows about their TV masts - it also outputs RF at approx 25kW and I believe is the highest self supported structure in Europe. :oops:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Hom_Corleone wrote:Righto Tim. I'll just nip round and say "excuse me Caroline, would you mind undoing a few more buttons and smiling. It's for a bunch of perverts on a dodgy goff forum."
Oi! Less of the...er...dodgy! We're respectable people. Mostly. Most of us are...er, I mean, we are each mostly respectable. :wink:
Batfish
Road Kill

On a slightly different note, I remember, years ago The Three Johns asked people to send them pictures of electricity pylons.

They were right when the said "the world of the workers is wild" weren't they?
Hooray For Everything
ruffers
Overbomber

The building which formerly housed Enron UK and the back corner of the mews behind Buckingham Palace. Some gardens owned by the Duke Of Westminster and lots of expensive cars. Trees and sky.

If I stood up I could see the road.
Chucking another log on
Mrs. Snowey

emilystrange wrote:gardens. trees. flowers. the wheeliebin.
Saves me typing anything then :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
hallucienate
Overbomber

From work I have a breathe-taking panoramic view of the rear of Table Mountain :notworthy:

From home I also have a breathe-taking view of the rear of Table Mountain but being closer to the mountain means I get more detail and less panorama. :P
Mrs. Snowey

hallucienate wrote:From work I have a breathe-taking panoramic view of the rear of Table Mountain :notworthy:
From work I've got a breath-taking (but in a slightly different way) view of the Bromborough Dock Landfill Site.

Glamourous job huh :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

hallucienate wrote:Table Mountain
Oh so that's what _/\/¯¯¯¯¯¯\/\_ means! Image
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
hallucienate wrote:From work I have a breathe-taking panoramic view of the rear of Table Mountain :notworthy:
From work I've got a breath-taking (but in a slightly different way) view of the Bromborough Dock Landfill Site.

Glamourous job huh :lol:
How beautiful! Nearly as nice as looking at the Elsmere port chemical works on a winters night.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

THAT.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
ruffers
Overbomber

That's OK you know. Loads of sky - I'm a big fan of sky.
Chucking another log on
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
hallucienate wrote:Table Mountain
Oh so that's what _/\/¯¯¯¯¯¯\/\_ means! Image
:lol: :lol: well done.