The Gorillaz of Mercy ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
warbs
Road Kill

I was pretty uninspired by the first Gorillaz album and dismissed it as irrelevant hype. But the second album has completely changed my mind (especially "kids with guns") and I now think both albums are quite special. even though Damon Albarn remains a Class A Prat.

Gorillaz are a band that only do studio albums.

The Sisters have turned into a band that only do live performances.

I don't think the sisters are commercially viable in any existing or conventional sense, and it doesn't seem that Andy E. needs anymore yachts in the Bahamas ;)

What if the entire Sisters set was completely unreleased material and regular live shows were the the only way to hear it - how could the Sisters grow?

As a side show what if the Sisters covered The Gorillaz in their live set?

Chris
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

what? :|
Silver_Owl
The Don

warbs wrote:I was pretty uninspired by the first Gorillaz album and dismissed it as irrelevant hype. But the second album has completely changed my mind (especially "kids with guns") and I now think both albums are quite special. even though Damon Albarn remains a Class A Prat.

Gorillaz are a band that only do studio albums.

The Sisters have turned into a band that only do live performances.

I don't think the sisters are commercially viable in any existing or conventional sense, and it doesn't seem that Andy E. needs anymore yachts in the Bahamas ;)

What if the entire Sisters set was completely unreleased material and regular live shows were the the only way to hear it - how could the Sisters grow?

As a side show what if the Sisters covered The Gorillaz in their live set?

Chris
Right on brother!
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i think jamie hewlett's fairly nifty with a pencil.thats the only good thing i can say about gorrilaz.

gorrillas are cool though.

and guerillas.

but not gorrrillaz.except forjamie hewlett's drawing.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This isn't really Sisters Chat is it? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

After seeing this thread I evaluated the new Gorillaz album and it's not bad at all. I see a potential for a new cartoon member of the band, although I'm not sure if the character should have long hair and a hat or a gleaming dome.
Chucking another log on
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i think jamie hewlett's fairly nifty with a pencil.thats the only good thing i can say about gorrilaz.
Indeed. I first remember coming across him in 2000AD's Hewligan's Haircut. Which was nice.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i think jamie hewlett's fairly nifty with a pencil.thats the only good thing i can say about gorrilaz.
Indeed. I first remember coming across him in 2000AD's Hewligan's Haircut. Which was nice.
hmmmph! :evil: in one post you have reminded me of two of the most bereaved moments of my life.

the first involved my enormous collection of 2000ad which i started buying from about the third issue ,when my weekly comic "starlord" merged with it/was bought out by it.so i got the couple of missing back issues,complete with free gifts and collected 2000ad for six or seven years until i left home.all the 2000ad 's were safely boxed up in the loft which no-one ever used for anything except sweeping junk under the carpet style storage.long story short -visit my mum one day years later to find entire 2000ad collection burnt,as "i must have grown out of them" :evil:]

the second was near identical only substitute ''mum'' for ''ex girlfriend'' and 2000ad for deadline :evil: :evil:

lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
markfiend wrote:
hmmmph! :evil: in one post you have reminded me of two of the most bereaved moments of my life.

the first involved my enormous collection of 2000ad which i started buying from about the third issue ,when my weekly comic "starlord" merged with it/was bought out by it.so i got the couple of missing back issues,complete with free gifts and collected 2000ad for six or seven years until i left home.all the 2000ad 's were safely boxed up in the loft which no-one ever used for anything except sweeping junk under the carpet style storage.long story short -visit my mum one day years later to find entire 2000ad collection burnt,as "i must have grown out of them" :evil:]

the second was near identical only substitute ''mum'' for ''ex girlfriend'' and 2000ad for deadline :evil: :evil:
An almost identical situation ahppened to me - I had numbers 1 to 100 of 2000AD stored safely at my parents house -I disappeared off to college one September and returned at Christmas to find my mum had given them aaway to a jumble sale. :evil:
ruffers
Overbomber

Ahem, me too.

I bought a load of "Best of's" recently off ebay though, not quite the same.
Chucking another log on
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I started 2000AD at "Prog" 7 and had got up to about 600 when I had a similar mum/tidying experience. :|

Well I suppose early comics (in general) wouldn't be worth anything much now if most of them hadn't been binned.

Didn't "Strontium Dog" start off in Starlord before the merge with 2000AD IIRC?

And there was a merger with another one (was it "Tornado") later? And that's where Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein came from (later the ABC Warriors). Maybe :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:I started 2000AD at "Prog" 7 and had got up to about 600 when I had a similar mum/tidying experience. :|

Well I suppose early comics (in general) wouldn't be worth anything much now if most of them hadn't been binned.

Didn't "Strontium Dog" start off in Starlord before the merge with 2000AD IIRC?

And there was a merger with another one (was it "Tornado") later? And that's where Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein came from (later the ABC Warriors). Maybe :lol:
strontium dog started in starlord as far as i remember.not sure about ro-jaws and hammerstein's origin but the were in the strip "ro-busters" (with mek-quake et al) before abc warriors.it's all such a long-time ago..... :oops: :lol:

smiscandlon
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well I suppose early comics (in general) wouldn't be worth anything much now if most of them hadn't been binned.
So you're saying our mums were really trying to help the economy?
анархия
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Cheers smis...that could've got very comic-obsessive very fast...
canon docre
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
markfiend wrote:Well I suppose early comics (in general) wouldn't be worth anything much now if most of them hadn't been binned.
My mum surely didnt help my economy by selling my first Star Wars collection at a schools fleamarket. It took me years to get some of the jewels back. :evil:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
My mum surely didnt help my economy by selling my first Star Wars collection at a schools fleamarket. It took me years to get some of the jewels back. :evil:
A mate of mine's dad gave away most of his Star Wars stuff (mint condition, still boxed) to a neighbour's son. He's 33 and still griping about it, so I guess it must have been pretty traumatic. :|
анархия
canon docre
Overbomber

At least the neighbour isn't so far away. He could walk over and play a bit. :lol:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
eastmidswhizzkid

canon docre wrote:At least the neighbour isn't so far away. He could walk over and play a bit. :lol:
thanks CD - that's the first laugh i've had in hours! :lol: :notworthy:

James Blast
Banned

The Mum's been pretty good with my goodies, the only glaring expulsions being an original Motorhead (England) and Bauhaus (with the wee statue thingey on it) t-shirts
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele