2005/08/14, Hildesheim, Germany - M'era Luna festival

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Post your thoughts, reviews, etc on this gig here.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've unlocked this now.

apologies for it not being available yesterday :oops:
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

setlist from mr. ChristianW @ the poisondoor-forum:
Crash & Burn
Ribbons
Alice
Giving Ground
First And Last And Always
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
Slept
Anaconda
Temple Of Love
(We Are The Same) Suzanne
Romeo Down
Flood II
-----------------------------------------
Lucretia
Top Nite Out
Vision Thing

:?
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Christian

Just can repeat what I have posted to Dominion already:

Setlist as far as I remember it:

Crash & Burn
Ribbons
Alice
Giving Ground
First And Last And Always
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
Slept
Anaconda
Temple Of Love
(We Are The Same) Suzanne
Romeo Down
Flood II
-----------------------------------------
Lucretia
Top Nite Out
Vision Thing

Not sure whether order is correct and list is complete. Hope s.o. recorded the gig (not only for getting a complete tracklist).
;-)

Awesome gig. Von has been in a good mood, Adam and Chris were brilliant as ever. Sound could have been better at the beginning, some rain during the set but who cares. Too bad they did not play Emma. However, you can't get everything.

Security was annoying. As soon as I was sitting of the shoulders of my buddy Steffen they were trying to pull me down. :evil: The audience could have been a bit more enthusiastic either (well, g***s you know...).

However, I had a great time.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Wasn't there, and already veering off topic, but did anyone see Qntal or Deine Lakaien?

Both on the same bill, and both bands I'm very fond of. Would have loved to have gone but had to work. Thoughts appreciated. Ta!
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Christian

Thank you pearson, guess we klicked on "add reply" in almost the same second :-)

I did not see the complete Deine Lakaien. Average gig (on a high level though) but it was for sure not as good as their free gig on Friday at Hannovers "Capitol".
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Pics from the show M'era Luna here

http://www.sisters-pics.de
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Absolutely stunning pics again, thank you! That lightshow is out of this world.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

nice to see these pictures...he´s looking much better than in tilburg,but I still don´t like this beard...but he´s wearing clothes that are ok this time and underline the show much better than what he was wearing before (leeds and tilburg,don´t know at the moment what he looked like in lokeren and the 3 other shows...
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Deine Lakaien were shocking.

The Sisters set was one of the shortest I've ever seen. Crowd were lousy, all too busy trying not to mess up there hair. And to top it all when it rained up went the umbrellas!!

Sisters on at 8.50 and all over by 10pm give or take a minute!!!!

A slight anti-climax to a great set of gigs.

Matt..
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

I thought it would be quite short,that why I chose tilburg,and it went the longest gig ever I think even without 15 min of sister ray at the end (in the beginning could have been nice,too I must think while writing this...mmmh)
Last edited by AndreMcCabe on 15 Aug 2005, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

ah, the last gig of the tour!

Somewhere around half past three in the afternoon, I just decided to go see this last gig in Hildesheim...Maybe they play Emma this time with other lyrics :wink: or even Silver Machine or Sister ray

Checked the route quickly on the web and I could just make it (almost 500 km from my cosy living room) for the Sisters gig. Alright :twisted: And off to Germany...

Apparantly almost the entire way to M'Era Luna is about to become renewed (in other words: road works! one after the other), so lots of bottle-necks, roadblocks, ...a big traffic jam was my share. As I just left without anything (like a map!), most of the time I didn't know where I was. I reached Hannover (near Hildesheim) around 10 pm or later...

bottom line: You can't always make it if you try :evil: or, I went to Hildesheim to miss the Sisters.

...what really helped me through the night on the road were the tapes I had with me, some mixtapes I made, a live tape of the Sisters (oh, bitterweet irony) & a live tape of the Durutti Column ...
in dub we trust
Christian

Oh dear... reminds me pretty much on 1996:
- Hamburg gig: cancelled
- Ochtrup gig: made it there through traffic jams, road constructions, cows on the street who would not go away and a parking lot miles away from the festival ground. To cut a long story short: I entered the festival area and bumped into some Sisters fans who told me that the Sisters had just finished and that they played one hour earlier than planned 'cause one of the bands planned for the afternoon did not turn up...

Next thing I was told that there were rumours this was last gig ever...

:urff:
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Drenchrom wrote:Deine Lakaien were shocking.

The Sisters set was one of the shortest I've ever seen. Crowd were lousy, all too busy trying not to mess up there hair. And to top it all when it rained up went the umbrellas!!

Sisters on at 8.50 and all over by 10pm give or take a minute!!!!

A slight anti-climax to a great set of gigs.

Matt..
Yes... I have to agree with you.
Wasn't to bad but after seen Tilburg and Lokeren, my expectations were high. But with alot of smoke, not so powerful sound and half of the gig umbrellas in my face and no Emma, I Was Wrong or Neverland it ended a bit as an anti-climax.
But hey, I'm a spoiled Sisters fans. This was my 24st gig since Dour 97 :-) So what am I complaining about? A bit of rain? A shorter setlist because they had to stop at 10 pm? Nah it was a good gig and a good tour.

Peter
canon docre
Overbomber

Sorry, that the pics aren't any better. :| I had a pretty good view :D although I was mostly surrounded by the smoke. :lol:

Chris, while getting his strings changed.

Maybe Ania got some better ones.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

of cause it its most important that it was a sisters gig...and a little or lots of rain could have made me dance,too...but I stood home,and was happy about having seen and listening to tilburg gig...

...with great memories to other great gigs where I´ve been...Loreley 92 was as good as 2001 in Bonn or the beginning with this unbelievable velvet Kiss the carpet in the beginning or the flashing red FirstaLaLaLa 1990 and certainly tilburg even without 15 minutes of sister ray or walk away as a nice surprise
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:ah, the last gig of the tour!...
I decided friday NOT to go myself, and now I'm glad I didn't :P
sorry bro, lets hope you get another chanse sometime fast.
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

but what about Ania´s Pictures?
...meanwhile back in space
wiscel
Road Kill

My photos are now online at http://www.wiscel.com (pics from the other bands at M'era Luna will follow later this week.
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

nice pics...Ania(?)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

AndreMcCabe wrote:nice pics...Ania(?)
no. ania's username is "delilah".
TheBoyNextDoor

I may write a more proper review later and post it on tours.tsom.org. But I have to say that the gig was great, one of top 3 I've seen. Shame it was so short though.. and those goths.. can't they at least clap the hands when the songs are over? I was wondering many times why they even bothered standing at the fourth row at all.. they just looked bored! Anyway, the sound was bad at the beginning but turned out to be great at the middle of the set. Lucretia was the highlight, it actually sound better than the original, and Chris looks very good on stage!

Top night out indeed!

Some pics is on it's way... and some videoclips. ;)
Delilah

sorry for not posting yesterday, but was too tired (3 nights and no sleep) and there was also something else on my mind (some of you know what..)
Great show, although Jess and me stood at the wrong side on stage for
the most part of the gig - we couldn't see anything, just a lot of smoke,
that's for backstage access, haha. We thought that we were only 2 people left who
are into the Sisters because all the other people including the guys from Lacuna
Coil just came on stage for a few seconds and left, laughing at us that we are so
obsessed - standing there in the smoke. Nearly by the end of the gig I realised
that we could try the other side of the stage, - and that was great, we could see
MUCH MORE, haha. The wind was blowing at the direction where we were
previously standing, taking all the smoke there too. But it was the first time when I
saw The Sisters from "behind", and I did really enjoy it!
Apart from that, the weather was c**p, we ended up spending most of the day at bands catering area, sitting on the fridges full of Becks and not being able to drink any... After the gig we spoke briefly to Von, Chris and Adam, Von was trying to disguise himself ( 2 hoodies and glasses, quite funny really coz it was really unnecessary, nobody there was really paying any attention). Chris told us he needed to be at work on Tuesday and didn't like the idea of it :lol: , Adam came round after with a... signed setlist and gave it to ma saying - I found it on the floor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wasn't sure what I should do with it, frame it perhaps? :wink: :lol: :twisted: If somebody lost it there, PM me, I still have it! There was no aftershow party :( coz band was heading back to Calais after the gig, and the other bands left to their hotel bars after the gig, so Jess ended up driving back to Berlin and I had 4 hours to kill in very boring Hildesheim waiting for my train to Hanover. One more funny thing - after crossing the Chanel and going through customs I was one of the few people stopped and having my bags checked and the guy asked me where I was coming back from. I said that from Meraluna Festival, he asked me about the bands that were playing there, I said TSOM and he said something like "but they are back in England now, I have searched them few hours ago". I wonder why the next question he asked was if I had any DRUGS or explosives on me :twisted: :lol: :lol: Pics - similar quality as Jess's, have lots of pics of smoke, haha!
I don't think it was the last Sisters gig though.
Delilah

AndreMcCabe wrote:but what about Ania´s Pictures?
patience dear! I will upload them somewhere later. Nothing special though... All that smoke ;)
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

I´m full of patience...listening again to...doesn´t matter here...now I know who is Ania,thats what I wanted because wasn´t sure if it were the announced pics of famous ania,or not.its ania (not anja),yes...
haven´t really got the time to have a real look at the pics,yet