2005/08/14, Hildesheim, Germany - M'era Luna festival

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

AndreMcCabe wrote:I´m full of patience...listening again to...doesn´t matter here...now I know who is Ania,thats what I wanted because wasn´t sure if it were the announced pics of famous ania,or not.its ania (not anja),yes...
haven´t really got the time to have a real look at the pics,yet
would you please explain? :lol: :lol:
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

sorry I can´t
...meanwhile back in space
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

Ich hab meine sprachfähigkeit in Amerika verloren...jeder sitzt im auto...ich bin aber auch kein musiker,ne
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

you just gotta love those language barriers :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Delilah

AndreMcCabe wrote:Ich hab meine sprachfähigkeit in Amerika verloren...jeder sitzt im auto...ich bin aber auch kein musiker,ne
OK, I understand "Ich hab, Amerika and auch kein musiker" what about the rest? Jess, help please? :wink: :lol:
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

it´s out of a german tv interview with eldritch (offbeat from 88 I think),he says there "ich interessiere mich nur für nackte frauen und drogen"what means...I´m only interested in naked women and drugs!,someone who knows it?
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

what I´ve written before is in englich something like "I´ve lost my words in america...everybody is sitting in a car...I´m not a musician as well"
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Very good gig indeed and a nice end of the tour.

For those who care: I've seen all of Deine Lakaien, and they were better than in previous shows I've seen years ago, but the singer was very annoyed that they had to shorten their set in order to let The Sisters begin on time. Was DL's fault, they spent ages with their soundcheck or whatever it was they did before they appeared. And the singer at some point during the set says something like "we have to short now, because nobody wants to let the master wait. Better in German: Den Meister wollen wir doch nicht warten lassen. Or something along these lines. You should have seen his face - I couldn't help a smirk...

Rest of the (main stage) bands were simply crap. Sorry. Subway to Sally sound like a pedigree between Corvus Corax and Rammstein. You'd think of Birthday Massacre that they have a telling name - no sir - they sound and look like "Avril Lavigne for Goths" (copyright by Helen, but sums it up perfectly well), Lacuna Coil were ok, but far too "Goth Metal" for my taste.

Don't blame the (mostly goth) audience for lack of enthusiasm during The Sisters though, I had pissed them off big time before.... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
christophe
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Deine Lakaien: they spent ages with their soundcheck or whatever it was they did before they appeared.
I heard the same when they playd here a few months ago.
the soundcheck took hours (in a closed concert hall :? ) I have to say they sounded wonderfull but so did the other bands that played that day.. even if they had only a few minutes to do a proper soundcheck.
did they bring those 2 backing vocals this time Eva?
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

christophe wrote: did they bring those 2 backing vocals this time Eva?
Yes they did and I liked them. It was a good show after all, DL are "rockier" these days than they were when I had seen them last. And they have some beautiful tunes. But the singer is so "stiff" - he looks and behaves like a diva! Never mind, I'll shut up now... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
christophe
Overbomber

Eva wrote: like a diva! Never mind...
lol, grait way to discribe him clicky
I remember him running to the tourbus after the gig, becaus there wasn't a backstage :lol: :lol:

more pictures at grey old men
it can't hurt ta advertise once or twice can it? :wink:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Well now I know that getting a good place in the front row at a festival involves arriving before midday, eating and driinking nothing all day and going to the toilet at one's peril! It worked though, and we were able to keep our feet out of the mud at least. We really pissed off the people behind us (non Sisters fans) by place-keeping, so I was relieved when familiar faces showed up in the crowd later on. None of the bands I saw did much for me, but I actually did like some of Subway To Sally's songs, particularly the opening one. Some of the more folky stuff was quite nice but the first band I heard was some dreadful growling prince of darkness effort. It wasn't even funny enough to laugh at. I'd not heard Deine Lakaien before and wasn't very impressed with them. They did grow on me a bit as their set went on though. The Sisters were great, thankfully having got their bounce back. I knew the set would be shorter than usual but it seemed even shorter than I expected. That's my only complaint.
Aisling
Road Kill

You can find pictures of the Sisters of Mercy at M'Era Luna on http://www.ad-mortem-festinamus.be. I both enjoyed Lokeren & Germany, but I wasn't able to get to the front in Lokeren and I was standing among people who probably only knew 3 songs... Fortunately that wasn't the case at M'Era Luna. Indeed, their set in Germany was too short, but still, I'm grateful for seeing them twice in a week.
pikkrong
Overbomber

M'era Luna... mud... goths... some bands I found boring and don't want to talk about (how could the local audience see differencies between In Extremo, Subway To Sally and bands like that?).
I had listened to some Deine Lakaien CDs before leaving home and found that I didn't like even the one which used to be my favourite among them - Kasmodiah.
But their show was really impressive. I liked it very much.
Then there was the Sisters :von:
Short but rocking performance :notworthy:
which made me feel what I fool I had been when I missed the first 2 gigs of the tour :x
Even the rain supported the atmosphere, created by music and smoke :)
randdebiel²

Aisling wrote:You can find pictures of the Sisters of Mercy at M'Era Luna on http://www.ad-mortem-festinamus.be. I both enjoyed Lokeren & Germany, but I wasn't able to get to the front in Lokeren and I was standing among people who probably only knew 3 songs... Fortunately that wasn't the case at M'Era Luna. Indeed, their set in Germany was too short, but still, I'm grateful for seeing them twice in a week.
it wasn't very difficult to get at the front in Lokeren though...We arrived at the festival 3 songs before the end of vive la fête's set, and I was still able to get to Christophe at the second row by the second or third song of Eldo's set ;D
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
TheBoyNextDoor

Clip 1
Clip 2

And here's a big one (9mb), without sound(!) and 90 degrees rotated as well.
Someone who can rotate it? :)
Clip 3

But hell, a full video (+sound) with that close-up I would've paid much money for. ;)
Kuoi
Road Kill

01 - Intro
02 - Crash & Burn
03 - Ribbons
04 - Alice
05 - Giving Ground
06 - Dominion/Mother Russia
07 - Summer
08 - First And Last And Always
09 - Slept
10 - Anaconda
11 - Temple Of Love
12 - (We Are The Same) Suzanne
13 - Romeo Down
14 - Flood II
15 - Lucretia
16 - Top Nite Out
17 - Vision Thing

Greets , Kuoi
pikkrong
Overbomber

TheBoyNextDoor wrote: Clip 1
Clip 2

And here's a big one (9mb), without sound(!) and 90 degrees rotated as well.
Someone who can rotate it? :)
Clip 3

But hell, a full video (+sound) with that close-up I would've paid much money for. ;)
:notworthy:
smola
Road Kill

My pictures from M'era Luna are online at www.poisondoor.com/foto
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

smola wrote:My pictures from M'era Luna are online at www.poisondoor.com/foto
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

and damn fine they are too. :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
smola wrote:My pictures from M'era Luna are online at www.poisondoor.com/foto
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

and damn fine they are too. :von:
yes 8)
pikkrong
Overbomber

By the way, did any of those who were both in Tabor and Hildesheim (as I did) see Skinny Puppy at M'era Luna (as I didn't)? Could you tell me, did they do the same show? Or could anyone just describe their M'era Luna show or name some keyords (for example - did they sprinkle the audience with paint, was there George Bush doing... you know)?
_emma_
Overbomber

Karin Martinsson wrote:Neither any of my festival friends or myself bothered to see one the main attractions, The Sisters of Mercy. Personally, I'm disappointed with them these days; I want new songs, black leather, long black hair (Eldritch had shaved all his hair), thick smoke and brilliant light show on stage.
Tut tut. Seems this person recklessly missed seeing 3,5 out of 5 of their favourite things about the Sisters this time then. :lol: