Killing Joke last night

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

We arrived at 4.30 ish and got parked oooh 3 steps from the venue. Jaz and Raven were outside waiting to greet us :wink: Two hours wandering around the market aimlessly.....

Scooted over to the pub where the Gathering were meeting, to wait fer Johnny and hopefully flog mi spare ticket - which I did to some random nice bloke who happened to know our Quiffles!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (went fer tea or summatz ;D )

Anyway the gig.....I'd love to post the set but my email account isn't working and was hoping to retrieve it from one of the Gathering posts....Anyway, usuall Killing Joke wonderfulness, the one that goes 'dum, dum , di di de dum chew. dum, dum , di di de dum chew' They played Psych and Whiteout speshully for me :lol: But why oh why oh WHY do they insist that Asteroid is a great track and MUST be played - of all the awesome tracks on the last album, why this one? No new songs, hopefully they'll be played at the October gigs.

Lost Johnny in the throng but spotted him at the end SAT ON THE BAR :roll: Surely, reclining along the bar next time, huh? He must have been the only person there who had never seen them.

Gaz took some piccies but with the general melee andthrashing about, I expect they won't be up to much.

Johnny asked 'What's with the war paint Jaz wears then?' Tried to explain but how do you convey it's just like breathing really - it's just the way it is? :D

And before I close a big :notworthy: , nah a :notworthy: :notworthy: . To Mr M for wandering round London clutching an orange carrier bag with gifts (MASSIVE THANKS TO CANON TOO) :lol: :lol: :lol: A man at ease with his feminine side ;)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

<Refuses to read this thread>

</Jealousy>
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:<Refuses to read this thread>

</Jealousy>
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to hang out with Johnny again. Sometime.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

It was a very pleasant evening. Small, cramped, sweaty venues are what it's all about. 8)

I had no idea what to expect from KJ but they were OK. A bit shouty at times and the vocals were too loud but as I said I enjoyed it. :)

As as Ness mentioned, halfway through the gig I managed to get the best seat in the house thanks to the friendly barmaid with green hair. :lol:

Thanks to Ness and Gaz for a top nite out. :notworthy: :notworthy: :von:

And how spooky was the 'John' knows Quiffy episode? Totally surreal. It's a small world. Or everyone knows Quiffy. :wink:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ahh, mr parker. indeed a name from the past... very nice chap he was too.

and to prove that its even smaller, he used to be mates with someone that myself and mr fiend know :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

"Hold on! Who's that fukker sat on the bar?? This is MY show!"

http://www.pbase.com/gaztop/image/48047442

Gaz has only put two pics on his site...there's a few more blummin good ones but he's a picky sod :roll:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

For one moment I panicked! :lol: :notworthy:

Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Great band, hope to see them sometime.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ ness &/or johnny: did you get mr parker's contact details? an email addy, tel num, etc? or did you tell him about this place?

would be cool to catch up with him :notworthy: :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

I had my HL tee on and seem to remember being turned around so the url was visible. It's a bit like being a walking billboard sometimes. :lol:

Ness will probably know more. She was sober. :wink:

Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:@ ness &/or johnny: did you get mr parker's contact details? an email addy, tel num, etc? or did you tell him about this place?

You'd like to think I did...wouldn't you.... :oops: I do remember mentioning you were the Tzar of this place...hhhmmmnnn, not sure how to rectify this piece of shoddy networking. :oops: :oops:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:@ ness &/or johnny: did you get mr parker's contact details? an email addy, tel num, etc? or did you tell him about this place?

You'd like to think I did...wouldn't you.... :oops: I do remember mentioning you were the Tzar of this place...hhhmmmnnn, not sure how to rectify this piece of shoddy networking. :oops: :oops:
it's Czar, or Tsar. [/pedantry caught from Marky]

:wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I do strenuously attempt to keep my pedantry in check.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Which we appreciate! It is, however, a communicable disease. :P
Debaser
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
Debaser wrote:

it's Czar, or Tsar. [/pedantry caught from Marky]

:wink:
You can be as pedantic as you like....I don't give a stuff
Debaser
Overbomber

oh before I forget :P
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Debaser wrote: You can be as pedantic as you like....I don't give a stuff
:notworthy: Best way to annoy a pedant. :wink: