Lemmy

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

...Anyone seen him in the Walkers Crisps ad?

WTF??? :?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Maybe he owes his *ahem* chemist *ahem* a few quid? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Maybe he owes his *ahem* chemist *ahem* a few quid? :innocent:
Read that bit in White Line Fever where his blood is actually poisonous to anyone else, 'cos of all the abuse it's taken?

Scary.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

11:00 tonight on Channel 4: Motorhead: Live Fast, Die Old.

"Motorhead are rock's most stubborn survivors. Formed in 1975 by rock legend Lemmy Kilmister, they were once one of Britain's biggest bands. Renowned for being among the heaviest drinking, drug-fuelled womanisers in the business, the band made the Guinness Book of Records as the loudest band ever. In the early eighties they blasted their way to the top of the charts with Ace of Spades. Almost thirty years on, Motorhead: Live Fast, Die Old follows behind the scenes as Lemmy and his band set off on their next UK tour. Lemmy is now 57. He still drinks a bottle of bourboun a day and shows little sign of slowing down. But how and why does he keep going? From Lemmy's West Hollywood apartment, crammed with Nazi memorabilia, knives and gothic skulls - to Norwich Student Union, Portsmouth Guild Hall and the after gig parties in Newcastle, Manchester and Wolverhampton - the band are booked to play eleven towns in 13 days, living and sleeping on the same bus. Playing the same music, wearing the same clothes and still as controversial as they've always been, can a band really survive without changing?"
анархия
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Jeez :? I love the geezer, and the mighty noises he makes... But to paraphrase Hicks: "You do an advert, you're off the artistic roll". Especially as the ad' re-enforces a crappy parody of everything that is Lemmy. He doesn't even ride a bike in real life. Ho-hum.

Just remembered, I LOVE bands that become crappy parodies of themselves :notworthy:

Mild amnesia for a moment there...
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

It wouldn't be so bad it it weren't for the other two bikers from central casting... presumably the current other members of Motorhead didn't look 'biker'enough...!

See what happens when you pander to stereotypes.... :innocent:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Dear lord! :eek:

I thought it must be a lookalike or something...

God that is depressing.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

He has a suprisingly higher voice than I expected him to have :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:He has a suprisingly higher voice than I expected him to have :lol:
Have ye never heard him talk BOF? :eek:

Grumpy bastard, that's for sure. But we do like grumpy bastards round here... :von: :roll: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
RobF

I still haven't forgiven him for signing my leather jacket "Ian" :evil: I was only 19. The Great Misery.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Lemmy can do whatever the f**k he likes in my book. his opinions over the years have always stayed consistent to his no-compromise philosophy.if he can live with advertising crisps then fair enough. :von:

and he's done adverts before -there's one where he's playing the violin with the slogan being something along the lines of "something you don't see everyday".can't remember the product exactly so i probably didn't buy it....unlike WALkERS CRISPS;a fine leicester company and definitely the best crisps (do i get a free bag now?) :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:definitely the best crisps (do i get a free bag now?) :lol:
If you shoplift, yes. Get me either Salt n' Vinegar or Tomato Ketchup whiles you're there.

I seem to remember a danced-up version of Ace Of Spades being used as a soundtrack to an advert for Pot Noodle way back in the early '90's. IIRC Lemmy only authorised it as long as the original was released as the A-side. I think. Anyone else recall this?

And it was Chicken & Mushroom - mmmmm 8) 8) 8)
canon docre
Overbomber

Lemmy can and should do whatever he likes to earn a few quids extra. His touring-presence does unfortunately not match his record sales at all. :| Any money he can gather for his well-deserved pension is greatly appreciated. :P

Give Lemmy a rest - eat Walkers Crisps. :P
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Norman Hunter wrote:I seem to remember a danced-up version of Ace Of Spades being used as a soundtrack to an advert for Pot Noodle way back in the early '90's. IIRC Lemmy only authorised it as long as the original was released as the A-side. I think. Anyone else recall this?

I remember that. I also remember that the Advertising Standards people pulled it because of strobe-effects in the ad.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote: I remember that. I also remember that the Advertising Standards people pulled it because of strobe-effects in the ad.
How ironic! A bad reaction...hehehe. :notworthy:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:I seem to remember a danced-up version of Ace Of Spades being used as a soundtrack to an advert for Pot Noodle way back in the early '90's. IIRC Lemmy only authorised it as long as the original was released as the A-side. I think. Anyone else recall this?

I remember that. I also remember that the Advertising Standards people pulled it because of strobe-effects in the ad.
i'm sad enough to still have the video i recorded of that, and the ministry one too :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

Does anyone know if it was the same danced up version of Ace of Spades as produced by CNN featuring the lovely former Sister Tim B ?

I can don the anorak when I want...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:He has a suprisingly higher voice than I expected him to have :lol:
Have ye never heard him talk BOF? :eek:
Nope - he must have reserved those sweet nothings for you! :wink:

Though he did chat up my flatmates girlfriend several years ago - She asked if she could have his t-shirt which was an exclusive shirt for band members/crew only "Only good guys wear black" (or something similar). Said flatmate has a lend of it at the moment and is walking around the flat with pride :lol: :notworthy:
Delilah

How old is Lemmy? Who cares, he is still hot! (wise girls tend to go fo older guys anyway :innocent: ).
Andie
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:How old is Lemmy? Who cares, he is still hot! (wise girls tend to go fo older guys anyway :innocent: ).

just worked this out...

Lemmy is just old enough to be my old man (and that's legally)...

and um...i believe i'm old enough to be your old man Delilah

:lol: :lol:

James...you're too old mate...Lemmy would have been 10
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Delilah

Burn wrote:
Delilah wrote:How old is Lemmy? Who cares, he is still hot! (wise girls tend to go fo older guys anyway :innocent: ).

just worked this out...

Lemmy is just old enough to be my old man (and that's legally)...

and um...i believe i'm old enough to be your old man Delilah

So, seriously, how old is Lemmy? if he's old enuff to be my Grandad?????

:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobF

He's 60 in December :eek:
Delilah

Yes, considering he's 60, he may need a prescription for some blue tablets :innocent: :lol: ;D
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:
Yes, considering he's 60, he may need a prescription for some blue tablets :innocent: :lol: ;D
diamond-shaped infact :wink:

(For a strange and confusing moment I thought you were talking about warfarin 3mg)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Delilah wrote:
diamond-shaped infact :wink:

(For a strange and confusing moment I thought you were talking about warfarin 3mg)
i'll avoid coming to you for 10mg valiums then :innocent: :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: