Leeds Festival

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just got my Leeds Festival accreditation through and I have to go, because my editor-in-chief would never forgive me if I missed Iron Maiden (but then TURBONEGRO are also playing)- is anybody going to be there? Also, if any Leeds based Heartlanders would like to meet up for a drink that weekend, please PM me!
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Argh! don't remind me! I'm in Scotland that weekend, been arranged for ages. Wish I could be in two places at once, I only live 5 miles from Bramham Park :(

Have a good 'un
Debaser
Overbomber

Will be there - but I don't do that running around watching bands on diffeent stages. This year we have CHAIRS!!!!!!!!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Debaser wrote:Will be there - but I don't do that running around watching bands on diffeent stages. This year we have CHAIRS!!!!!!!!
You've crossed the Festival Age Line, y'know...
:lol:
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

They have the chairs at Leeds Festival??? :eek: :eek: :urff:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

no, you take your own..
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Not just any chair, but a quality canvas bottom receptacle with arm rests complete with built-in sprout bag style beverage holder and comes in a choice of three fetching colours, blue, black or green and purchased for a mere 5 earth pounds from a service station near Huddersfield.

Go on admit it, you can almost smell the quality! :notworthy:
Last edited by Ginger on 17 Aug 2005, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Bloody hell. Hello stranger! To what do we owe this honor?
Only a paand.
Debaser
Overbomber

Ginger wrote:Not just any chair, but a quality canvas bottom receptacle with arm rests complete with built-in sprout bag style beverage holder and comes in a choice of three fetching colours, blue, black or green and purchased for a mere 5 earth pounds from a service station near Huddersfield.

Go on admit it, you can almost smell the quality! :notworthy:
I will NOT be smelling chairs, not for all the tea in China....that's sick :lol:
F--kwit
Road Kill

Eh? I intend to run about and see as many bands as possible, but I'm clearly a f--kwit :) Mind you with most of the decent stuff all on one stage (the tenty one that is, not the 'evy metul one) this shouldn't be a problem.
Ginger wrote: a mere 5 earth pounds
do they take poonds as well? I seem to have some left from my recent exploits in the highlands...

which days you doing debaser/ginger? just the friday for me (as usual)... in fact as I only read this forum about once a month best get in touch some other way really...

exit, pursued by a bear
You ain't seen me, right?
Debaser
Overbomber

All three days, think Frazer's doing 3 too, Biggy's doing Fri and Sun, Mik's doing all three but won't be speaking to us on the Saturday ;) erm Ian's doing....Sat I think
christophe
Overbomber

hey, peeps.
go see this, I have seen this on Pukkelpop and I think some of you may like it.
CARLING STAGE
ENGINEERS Friday 26th August.
THE NATIONAL Saturday 27th August
scotty
Overbomber

F--kwit wrote:Eh? I intend to run about and see as many bands as possible, but I'm clearly a f--kwit :) Mind you with most of the decent stuff all on one stage (the tenty one that is, not the 'evy metul one) this shouldn't be a problem.
Ginger wrote: a mere 5 earth pounds
do they take poonds as well? I seem to have some left from my recent exploits in the highlands...

which days you doing debaser/ginger? just the friday for me (as usual)... in fact as I only read this forum about once a month best get in touch some other way really...

exit, pursued by a bear
I seen them and that Bear at The Belladrum Fest' the other week,bloody magic they were :D :notworthy: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
F--kwit
Road Kill

Strangely enough so did I... best festival performance I've seen'em do that actually...

pix

excellent festival too. going again next year whoever's playing!

so come on admit it, did you sing along to the Proclaimers as well?

"And I would walk 500 miles..."

the bloody proclaimers. in 2005. I ask you.

Are the Procaimers on at Leeds? No?! Why not!? Sod the Futureheads, let's hear it for the original regionally accented speccy four eyes!!
You ain't seen me, right?
scotty
Overbomber

F--kwit wrote:Strangely enough so did I... best festival performance I've seen'em do that actually...

pix

excellent festival too. going again next year whoever's playing!

so come on admit it, did you sing along to the Proclaimers as well?

"And I would walk 500 miles..."

the bloody proclaimers. in 2005. I ask you.

Are the Procaimers on at Leeds? No?! Why not!? Sod the Futureheads, let's hear it for the original regionally accented speccy four eyes!!
:eek: The Proclaimers,I hate that pair O' Hibbies wi'a passion :evil: ,but it was a great couple o' days,Jah Wobble and Editors were worth the money alone,I think we'll go next year too.It's only an hour away.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"