Roxio Toast and Tiger

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

I've had to clear my harddrive and re-install all the software I need. So I've installed OS X 10.4 and nearly everything seems to run fine, besides modem, printer and Roxio Toast Lite 5.1.2. Modem problem will be solved within a week, printer ditto, but the cd-burner? What do you fellow mac users use and for what reason? I know this was discussed in a thread somewhere else at some point, but I can't find it.

Thanks for all suggestions! :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I use Toast 6 Titanium.

But I'm still on OSX 10.3.9; not updated to Tiger yet.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

as above

CD Spin Doctor is in the post mf
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:notworthy:

That reminds me...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Sorry Eva but I can't offer any practical techincal advice (which makes us even :wink: ) but the actual title of this thread is one of the most surreal I have ever read. The images it conjured up were quite bizarre. Well done. 8)
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Eva

Cheers people! I've managed to make Toast Lite 5.2 behave in the end, but when my budget has recovered I'll get Titanium...
Johnny M wrote:Sorry Eva but I can't offer any practical techincal advice (which makes us even :wink: ) but the actual title of this thread is one of the most surreal I have ever read. The images it conjured up were quite bizarre. Well done. 8)
:lol: Well, actually it's all your fault anyway. You started the other thread, I made the mistake to read it and come across thunderbird, and this all started a chain reaction that went perfectly well together with my mac threatening me with a serious break down, my water boiler at home exploding and... - no, you don't want to know the details - and all this when I'm actually supposed to read Thomas Hobbes, oh well.... :roll: :lol:

But I've won the fight with the printer, won the fight with the internet and won the fight with the toaster - my tiger starts looking like a cute kitten... :twisted:
You can't fix stupid.
valeryg
Road Kill

Eva wrote:I've had to clear my harddrive and re-install all the software I need. So I've installed OS X 10.4 and nearly everything seems to run fine, besides modem, printer and Roxio Toast Lite 5.1.2. Modem problem will be solved within a week, printer ditto, but the cd-burner? What do you fellow mac users use and for what reason? I know this was discussed in a thread somewhere else at some point, but I can't find it.

Thanks for all suggestions! :notworthy:
Roxio Toast Lite 5.1.2 i think is NOT compatible with OS X at all.. ...anyway i can send you or upload somewhere Roxio Toast Titanium 6.1.. its 15MB or something? but...you will be NOT able to to burn CDs or DVDs with music bought from Apple's iTunes Music Store... :roll: :notworthy:
Eva

valeryg wrote: Roxio Toast Lite 5.1.2 i think is NOT compatible with OS X at all.. ...anyway i can send you or upload somewhere Roxio Toast Titanium 6.1.. its 15MB or something?
:eek: Really? Hey that'd be very, VERY kind of you. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Oh, but is it an update or a whole program? I can't update 5.x to 6.x I think.
valeryg wrote:but...you will be NOT able to to burn CDs or DVDs with music bought from Apple's iTunes Music Store... :roll: :notworthy:
I don't care - I don't buy anything from iTunes... :D
You can't fix stupid.
valeryg
Road Kill

Eva wrote:Oh, but is it an update or a whole program? I can't update 5.x to 6.x I think.
you're welcome, its whole.. unstuff, copy to HD > Applications folder and go:)
just send me some mail: its 21 MB ..no problem to send :D