New Songs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Chumley3000
Road Kill

Hi

Are you familiar with the Eldritch/Hemsley/Ingram writing partnership..? Anyone know more about this..? They've written at least 16 songs, with titles including "Censored Feelings", "TV Preacher", "London", "Chase the Blues", "Nobody's Man", "Back In Town", "Out of the Dark" and "Clockwork Nation". Is this part of a new Sisters album or a totally separate project?

Sorry if I've missed an earlier post, and you've already uncovered this.

Cheers

C
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hi Chum.

We've covered this elsewhere, and it all seems to be a big mix up. It's not our Andy involved.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

have we covered it already? :?:

i must admit i've never heard of it before... can anyone find the thread?

who is this pretender to the eldritch name then? :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I vaguely remember someone finding this stuff on the copyright people's website?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I'll lend my own hazy recollections of us all being mightily confused by an Eldritch (or was it Taylor?) releasing a stack of songs no-one recognised.

Is there anyone who can reliably remember ancient HL threads? Don't we have an HL anorak? :von:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

timsinister wrote:I'll lend my own hazy recollections of us all being mightily confused by an Eldritch (or was it Taylor?) releasing a stack of songs no-one recognised.

Don't we have an HL anorak? :von:
nope, only t-shirts so far, might be an idea for the winter months though quiffy :wink:

and yes, it has been covered before. ran a few pages, so must be easy to spot :?
Goths have feelings too
Petseri
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i must admit i've never heard of it before... can anyone find the thread?
If only we had a search function... :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
twp
Amphetamine Filth

was it here? clicky
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Petseri wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i must admit i've never heard of it before... can anyone find the thread?
If only we had a search function... :innocent:
yeah, yeah, yeah. i knew that was coming :urff:

with all these phpBB:critcal errors you're lucky you still have a website, never mind a search function :lol: ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

twp wrote:was it here? clicky
That looks like the one. :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:I'll lend my own hazy recollections of us all being mightily confused by an Eldritch (or was it Taylor?) releasing a stack of songs no-one recognised.

Is there anyone who can reliably remember ancient HL threads? Don't we have an HL anorak? :von:
And then there was the mighty confusion created when someone unearthed a load of records released on Merciful Release that no-one had heard of...but that was another story... :idea:
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:yeah, yeah, yeah. i knew that was coming :urff:

with all these phpBB:critcal errors you're lucky you still have a website, never mind a search function :lol: ;D
It is easy enough doing it through Google by the domain.

8)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

deleted.
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 27 Aug 2005, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Quiff Boy wrote:with all these phpBB:critcal errors you're lucky you still have a website, never mind a search function :lol: ;D
Ooh, I thought that was just me...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Such as "Autopilot" by La Costa Rasa.

That's on Merciful, doesn't have the usual MR-### catalog number, but it's still a great album, I'm told.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Dark wrote:"Autopilot" by La Costa Rasa ... it's still a great album, I'm told.
Not too keen on it, personally.
анархия
J3000
Road Kill

MrChris wrote:

And then there was the mighty confusion created when someone unearthed a load of records released on Merciful Release that no-one had heard of...but that was another story... :idea:
Which ones do you mean? Mk Ultra?
Petseri
Overbomber

J3000 wrote:
MrChris wrote:

Which ones do you mean? Mk Ultra?
There have been a couple of threads on the topic. This one includes links to others.

Martin