Kids TV derail from the Moog thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote:
timsinister wrote:All those innuendos?
...that were actually made up after the fact. There was no Master Bates, no Roger the cabin boy, no Seaman Staines...
Yeah? I saw something like that with the writer saying "Bloody students" or something like that, but never got confirmation.

Good old marky know's the score.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Indeed.
Snopes wrote: In fact, the crew of the famous Black Pig ship included sailors with no such names: present on board were Master Mate, Tom the Cabin Boy, and Pirates Barnabas and Willy. (No character with the designation of 'Seaman' appeared in the show.)
Snopes is your friend.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Oh well.

We can still giggle at Willy ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i think that was irony...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've split the apostrophe stuff off... (except I missed that post from emily there :oops:)

A derail to a derail? *sigh* :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:I've split the apostrophe stuff off... (except I missed that post from emily there :oops:)

A derail to a derail? *sigh* :lol:
And it's always Tim's fault! :P
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

See? :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Children's telly anyone?

Please stop it; may I point out this comment from QB already feeling the need for a slap-down once today...
Quiff Boy wrote:maybe a re-iteration of the forum rule about side-tracking posts is in order,
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Maybe a "Tim Clause" is in order to cover most recent derailments? ;)

And children's telly is crap. That's why I stopped watching it :(
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

:oops:

I really wish I wasn't in the middle perpetually, but it seems I am. The price of, er...easy irritation? :urff:

I've watched more kids telly now I'm older than I did before! I was lucky enough to be just old enough to understand Vic's Big Night Out - anyone remember that? - when it came around the first time.
Does anyone remember that bizarre cartoon about the Dream Crystal, and that bloody big blue dragon, and other craziness. There's a memory that's festered since I first ever saw the show, when I was about eleven years old.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

timsinister wrote::oops:

I really wish I wasn't in the middle perpetually, but it seems I am. The price of, er...easy irritation? :urff:
Naaah you're not in the middle, just happened to be the post before I threw a wobbly. Not your fault Tim. ;)

Anyhoo, I remember hating Big Night Out when I first saw it. I just didn't get it at first. It's a lot funnier when you're drunk :lol: Or 7 years old I guess.

I've no idea what any of the others are you're talking about.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote:
timsinister wrote::oops:

Naaah you're not in the middle, just happened to be the post before I threw a wobbly. Not your fault Tim. ;)
Nor was my comment aimed at you, Herr Moderator - apologies! I'm just bewailing my fate as the easily-insulted Heartlander :lol:
markfiend wrote: Anyhoo, I remember hating Big Night Out when I first saw it. I just didn't get it at first. It's a lot funnier when you're drunk :lol: Or 7 years old I guess.
I've gone from one to the other seamlessly, so that's probably why I still like it. :wink:
markfiend wrote: I've no idea what any of the others are you're talking about.
All from the same show, oddly. Just a ragtag cartoon lobbed about after school, but the only one that remains in my mind. Peculiar.
James Blast
Banned

I think Vic Reeves Big Night Out is a classic. The two series still get an airing from time to time here. I just can't let them lie.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:I just can't let them lie.
Har-diddly-har! :roll: :P :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele