Joolz Denby on Kerrang Radio.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Joolz is on at 2am :roll: ,I think she'll talk a little about NMAs new record,should be worth a listen,s**t time tho' :evil:
www.kerrangradio.co.uk.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Thea
Overbomber

Ooooooh
I'm off to see her in Nottingham tomorra! ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

d00mw0lf wrote:Ooooooh
Lucky you. Joolz kicks arse quite righteously. :notworthy: 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Thea
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Lucky you. Joolz kicks arse quite righteously. :notworthy: 8)
Agreed. I waffled about her quite a lot on d00mw0lf.com (and other places). Might have to start reading Billie Morgan again....
BTW, that Nottingham gig is only a fiver to get in, plus one of the support acts is NYAAA, who are a bit like very early NMA and well worth listening to. :wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

d00mw0lf wrote: BTW, that Nottingham gig is only a fiver to get in
Yeh, but unfortunately, Nottingham costs more than a fiver to get to... :cry:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i made a point of never missing joolz at glastonbury.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:i made a point of never missing joolz at glastonbury.
She's not a lady you could miss :innocent: 8)
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

granted, lol
Mrs. Snowey

She is good tho' :notworthy:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well i never came out of that tent without feeling changed
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

@scotty -cheers for the info! :notworthy:

i saw justin/slade the leveller with revhammer and joolz (red sky coven?) at a tiny pub in ashby-de-la-zouch (exactly!) years ago.probably only a hundred,hundred and fifty people there but a fair few of us were noisy clog-wearing/stomping,drunken types.ms denby came out and "shushed" us all in that way only severely scary teachers can do -by just standing there looking strict until one-by-one you realise and shut up!we were told that this was not a new model army gig;that we should all sit/stand quietly and listen;and shouting out would be frowned upon severely -excepting when applauding at the appropriate times!
needless to say we all did exactly as we were told! :oops:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Thea
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:@scotty -cheers for the info! :notworthy:

i saw justin/slade the leveller with revhammer and joolz (red sky coven?) at a tiny pub in ashby-de-la-zouch (exactly!) years ago.probably only a hundred,hundred and fifty people there but a fair few of us were noisy clog-wearing/stomping,drunken types.ms denby came out and "shushed" us all in that way only severely scary teachers can do -by just standing there looking strict until one-by-one you realise and shut up!we were told that this was not a new model army gig;that we should all sit/stand quietly and listen;and shouting out would be frowned upon severely -excepting when applauding at the appropriate times!
I'd love to see a proper RSC gig - saw them do a short set at Beautiful days, but I'm told they normally play shows that go on for hours at a time....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

d00mw0lf wrote:

I'd love to see a proper RSC gig - saw them do a short set at Beautiful days, but I'm told they normally play shows that go on for hours at a time....
i reckon they probably did two-and-a-half hours spread over the night.and they were all happy to sign autographs and chat after,which was nice.(although when is saw rev play rock city a couple of weeks later, i shouted "hello rev" to which he replied "who the f**k are you" :oops: )
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
hallucienate
Overbomber

I went to a couple of her readings when she was here last year. Top lady. She even autographed all my books and CDs :cool:
Thea
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:

i reckon they probably did two-and-a-half hours spread over the night.and they were all happy to sign autographs and chat after,which was nice.(although when is saw rev play rock city a couple of weeks later, i shouted "hello rev" to which he replied "who the f**k are you" :oops: )
Aw bless! :lol:
I met Rev in Leicester a few months ago and it was all a bit much for me. I spent the rest of the weekend communicating by looking shocked and using hand gestures.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

she is indeed an admirable role model :innocent:
Delilah

it was nice bumping into you there!!! Hope you enjoyed Joolz as much as I enjoyed Turbonegro! :D
Thea
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:
it was nice bumping into you there!!! Hope you enjoyed Joolz as much as I enjoyed Turbonegro! :D
Yus - she was amazing! ;D sorry 'bout not recognising you - but you were wearing the biggest pair of shades ever! :lol:
btw, if anyone missed the Kerrang interveiw, I know where it can be found online... :innocent:
Delilah

d00mw0lf wrote: sorry 'bout not recognising you - but you were wearing the biggest pair of shades ever! :lol:
:lol: :lol: and I thought it was because of my white dress :oops: :innocent: ;D
Thea
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote: sorry 'bout not recognising you - but you were wearing the biggest pair of shades ever! :lol:
:lol: :lol: and I thought it was because of my white dress :oops: :innocent: ;D
:lol: could have been that too. Or the fact I hadn't been to sleep. Or it could have been because I was completely lost! :lol: :lol: :lol: