Gay Paree

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

smiscandlon wrote:
Johnny M wrote:1. The French
Their music is, almost universally, shit.
Too busy shagging to make good records? :innocent:

Or they make records that sound like they're in the process of shagging, see "Je t'aime" for details...

Of course I realise this is just a crude stereotype, but they don't half live up to it! :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
hallucienate
Overbomber

So... so far Corpy is still sleeping in the gutter. Somethings never change :roll:
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:

Or they make records that sound like they're in the process of shagging, see "Je t'aime" for details...

Of course I realise this is just a crude stereotype, but they don't half live up to it! :lol:
There's always Jean-Michel Jarre. :lol:
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

boudicca wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:

Gainsbourg is great! Really! (and there must be some other good French musicians I cannot thing of at the moment)

And I do like France in general actually, but I like the world, so that's not really specific :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MC Solaar is top too :notworthy: In fact the French make the finest hip-hop and house in Europe. You've got to get summat right, the Germans and the Belgians have all the good techno wrapped up (Never-ever, under any circumstances, ever, listen to German Hip-hop :urff: )
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

German Hip Hop... Just the thought of it makes me have an incredible laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

hallucienate wrote:So... so far Corpy is still sleeping in the gutter. Somethings never change :roll:
Hey! :lol:
hallucienate
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:
hallucienate wrote:So... so far Corpy is still sleeping in the gutter. Somethings never change :roll:
at least your office training will mean you'll be able to stand the freezing cold and constant background noise. :innocent:
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

hallucienate wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:
at least your office training will mean you'll be able to stand the freezing cold and constant background noise. :innocent:
I'd love to argue with you about that, but I have no grounds. :| :wink:
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. That was Snowden's secret. Ripeness was all.
ruffers
Overbomber

eh? :?:
Chucking another log on
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

ruffers wrote:eh? :?:
good lord, a big hill in wales is all :eek:
Goths have feelings too
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Candover Premiere wrote:Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. That was Snowden's secret. Ripeness was all.
Pick a username and stick with it, yo--I stay away from the political threads these days.
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

It's from Catch 22 which is where the user name is from too.

Snowden is the dead man in Yossarin's tent. He's dead, but still lives in the tent because he died before he properly arrived at the airbase. So he isn't officially dead.

He got shot on a bombing m*****n. He complained it was so cold. Yossarin thought it was just because they were high up and there was a big gaping hole in the plane. It wasn't. It was because Snowden's guts were hanging out. All Yossarin had was some aspirin in the (hopelessly inadequate) M&M supplied first aid kit. He gave them to Snowden and said "there there" alot. Snowden kept repeating that he was cold.

Wrong thread, I apologise. I lost my direction while dodging the flak.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Gotcha. You're all over the place today, aren't you? By political threads I meant this, which I only just noticed. Go home and relax. Read a book or somethin'. I promise to make a more focused attempt at being so very clever, but it may take a few days. It's been a while, and my brain's a bit flabby. Like, for real. And stuff.
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

Hmm. It is a work of fiction, and not that well written, I'll wager. Not high on my list.

Brain a bit flabby, but otherwise gorgeous?
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I think whether or not it's entirely fictitious is up for debate, but I've not put it in my Amazon shopping cart either; I was counting on you to give me all the dirt on this scandalous, and frankly kinda gross, phenomenon.

Dunno about gorgeous, but I just got a haircut so I am, at least, kempt-ish. Which is about as far as my expectations go!