*That* rain yesterday

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I just reached my data transfer limit last night, so I was left without internet usage for the evening (at least until it was reset at midnight. I timed it well :roll:) and I spent all evening playing various games, watching TV and looking out at the lightning.

Sure there was rain, but I liked the lightning. All night it was flashing, at one point it must have been really close, because there was a huge flash of white light and uber-loud thunder.

I liked it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Points taken.

I think a large problem with the UK's transport problem is that everyone thinks "something should be done" but when that "something" would require long-term investment of (possibly) billions of pounds, no-one is willing to take the tax-hike this would inevitably need.

And of course this is always "everyone else's fault"...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Love thunder and lightning storms myself...dear Dark.....one is arriving tonight...or so the weather-man says.
Last edited by MadameButterfly on 01 Sep 2005, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

a clever boffin wrote: But it was when scientists started to investigate the effects of Global Dimming that they made the most disturbing discovery of all. Those more reflective clouds could alter the pattern of the world's rainfall. With tragic consequences..
the programme goes on to cite the 1984 Ethiopian famine , the forest fires devastated that Portugal. Glaciers melting in the Alps. And France where people died by the thousand. And says, could this be the penalty of reducing Global Dimming without tackling the root cause of global warming?

too many facts to ignore, scared the s**t out of me anyway :?
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:Love thunder and lightening storms myself...dear Dark.....one is arriving tonight...or so the weather-man says.
Yours is probably the one we had last night...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Thunderstorms. Very cool. Try this one: http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... ht=#147651
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Love thunder and lightening storms myself...dear Dark.....one is arriving tonight...or so the weather-man says.
Yours is probably the one we had last night...
:eek: I did not stir any storms last night, although if you want me too :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Whatever your opinions on the state of our planet, one things for sure...last nights weather over Leeds looked spectacular from my vantage point off to the east...

Looks like :von: left the rehearsal room door open again. :roll:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Nothing wrong with sunsets...or sunrises....colours....hmmmm
that ongoing eternity
mik
Chameleons Guru

markfiend wrote:it's a good job I know LS6 like the back of my hand...
Theres only one explanation for knowing the back of your hand that well though :innocent:

Big jazz fan are you? :twisted:

Wanna do trades?
Something pithy.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

*that* rain is now pouring down....water for the garden :roll:
that ongoing eternity
Begemot
Road Kill

[quote="lazarus corporation
...and George Bush's ancestors will still be claiming that there's no such thing as global warming - and counting the dollars from their oil business.

[/quote]

The dead are rising from their graves an' all? We're doomed...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Begemot wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote: ...and George Bush's ancestors will still be claiming that there's no such thing as global warming - and counting the dollars from their oil business.
The dead are rising from their graves an' all? We're doomed...
I refer you to the answer I gave some moments ago :wink:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:i don't really have any evidence for this, but it does seem that the level of stupidity on this forum is on the increase.
You really can't have looked very hard for that evidence.
анархия
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote:*handbag* Ooh get her :lol:

Are you denying that global warming is happening?
i was merely trying to highlight the ridiculousness of your statement. i expect better of you mark.

global warming? i'm still unconvinced to be honest.
Katrina Reignites Global Warming Debate
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Ironic to have been on this topic earlier in the day, then log in to get 'When the water comes rushing, rushing in' on screen next time I go to the home page.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

No thunderstorms....yet but never did say I trusted the weather reports...
Although so many people in need in the States and Bush looking too brown on the tube (on holiday again...id*ot!!)

The religious hell that happened after *panic* yesterday because someone threatens to kill themselves and yet others get killed......

Saving, troops, action....it will come...I have hope and dreams.
that ongoing eternity
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The thunderstorm we endured apparently knocked out eighty thousand homes. And zapped my best friend's answerphone.

Why is the weather getting worse then?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

timsinister wrote:The thunderstorm we endured apparently knocked out eighty thousand homes. And zapped my best friend's answerphone.

Why is the weather getting worse then?
Because the gods' are angry and I do not blame them. We have abused nature, we start wars, mankind or most of mankind just take take take and if you only take and do not give back.....this happens. Generations before us and certain *narrow-minded* way of thinking started all this along time ago. It is a cycle and it will get much much worse.....and hopefully the generations to follow (in which ever form) will then fix it, from the education that gets passed on. That's what I think anyway :roll:

MB
that ongoing eternity
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Which Gods do you have in mind? And why are there remedies so indiscriminate?

You're right that there is a cycle involved, but I'm not buying the mysticism. No matter who is hanging outside my toilet.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's all "Bob"'s fault.
fnord
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

andymackem wrote:Which Gods do you have in mind? And why are there remedies so indiscriminate?

You're right that there is a cycle involved, but I'm not buying the mysticism. No matter who is hanging outside my toilet.
gods' in which ever religion one finds him/herself....and those who have NO religion?.....all meant by that was mankind (in my experience) rather blames *a god* than mankinds own stupidity. And I can not answer why? questions either....that would be trying to get into a gods' mind :eek:

A cycle is involved and has nothing to do with mysticism more like myxomatosis....or history repeating?.....just my own thoughts and has nothing to do with who is hanging outside your toilet :wink: ...maybe an involvement but who am I to say?

MB :kiss:
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Gods as a psychological cop-out? I like it :twisted:
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's long been my point of view. well, one of them.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

do you believe in an interventionist god? :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?