Desktops - Windows to the soul...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:Pigeons are just about the dirtiest animals you can find...

They do nothing but s**t on all out greatest monuments, which causes them to break down sooner (because of the acid in it IIRC)...

Pure dirt, really... :urff: :evil:
Hey, that's what the toon council is for... they can give those old monuments a good hose down every so often, everyone's happy.

Pigeons have knowledge... :von:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

pigeons taste good
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:pigeons taste good
A man of taste :notworthy:

But that's something else as pigeons in cities
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

The town I work in has banned people from feeding the pigeons in the churchyard to get them to go away! :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:The town I work in has banned people from feeding the pigeons in the churchyard to get them to go away! :lol:
Good move,Pigeons=VERMIN!
@Brideoffrankenstein is that The Magic Numbers on your Avitar? :twisted: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:The town I work in has banned people from feeding the pigeons in the churchyard to get them to go away! :lol:
In Antwerp it's forbidden too, they're a real plague here...

However, mostly the feeders are elderly ladies, and though there are signs hanging all over the town pointing out you can get a €100 fee when feeding them, when you point it out to the police they always say something like 'ah, well, leave them do it, it's all they have' :roll:

The worst part about it is they just drop entire breads instead of a couple of crumbs :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

scotty wrote:@Brideoffrankenstein is that The Magic Numbers on your Avitar? :twisted: .
No it's Arcturus my dear :wink: www.arcturus.no

Did I mention I've got tickets for every date in their UK tour? :D :D :D :D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:However, mostly the feeders are elderly ladies, and though there are signs hanging all over the town pointing out you can get a €100 fee when feeding them, when you point it out to the police they always say something like 'ah, well, leave them do it, it's all they have' :roll:

The worst part about it is they just drop entire breads instead of a couple of crumbs :urff:
I hate to say it, but it is a serious ambition for me to one day BE one of those mad old bird-ladies... :oops: 8)

"Tuppence a bag..."

Although I think I might have an eagle. :twisted:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

As long as it's a crumb every now and then: okay...

But please don't go for bags full of bread, will you :?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
ruffers
Overbomber

Just caught up with this, pigeons are absolute vermin and I hate them with a passion.

Pigeons, cheese, dogs. Three things the world would be better off without.
Chucking another log on
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Cheese and dogs? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Cheese and dogs? :lol:
Odd combination.

Reminds me of a customer one of my colleagues dealt with at work, an elderly lady who felt that women shouldn't work in banks - they should stick to selling things like "apples and sponges".

:roll:
анархия
Thea
Overbomber

On one of the Red Sky Coven albums there's a fantastic peice by Joolz about Grandmothers and Ducks. "Hamburg anarchy squatting ducks" I think....
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Obviousman wrote:
boudicca wrote:Pigeons are f**king cool, :notworthy: I won't hear a word against them. Seriously, sit and watch one as he's just plodding about, it's good for the soul...
Pigeons are just about the dirtiest animals you can find...

They do nothing but s**t on all out greatest monuments, which causes them to break down sooner (because of the acid in it IIRC)...

Agreed - flying rats, thats what they are VERMIN
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Black Alice wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
boudicca wrote:Pigeons are f**king cool, :notworthy: I won't hear a word against them. Seriously, sit and watch one as he's just plodding about, it's good for the soul...
Pigeons are just about the dirtiest animals you can find...

Agreed - flying rats, thats what they are VERMIN
Indeed they are, I always call them the rats of the sky, but I didn't want to use the quote hoping not to connect the rat lovers to the pigeon lovers :roll:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

pigeons' breast are so very tasty and their bones make fantastic stock!
pleebs! :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Please, you're making me hungry again :drool:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

BTW, how the hell did we get from computer desktops to eating flying meat?
~ Peter Steele
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Apart from banning pigeon feed in Trafalgar Square they briefly had a sparrowhawk in the area. Unusually for a migrant worker lured into London he found the streets were paved with gold, metaphorically at least.

It was the look on the face of the Japanese (maybe Korean) schoolgirl as the bird she was diligently feeding disappeared in a whirlwind of talon and startled feather. Her parents looked most disapproving, especially at the odd Englishman laughing so hard he almost fell into a fountain.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
boudicca
Sister Midnight

andymackem wrote:Apart from banning pigeon feed in Trafalgar Square they briefly had a sparrowhawk in the area. Unusually for a migrant worker lured into London he found the streets were paved with gold, metaphorically at least.

It was the look on the face of the Japanese (maybe Korean) schoolgirl as the bird she was diligently feeding disappeared in a whirlwind of talon and startled feather. Her parents looked most disapproving, especially at the odd Englishman laughing so hard he almost fell into a fountain.
:lol:

A year or so ago I saw a face-off in my back garden between a woodpigeon (who I have named Quentin but that's a whole 'nother story as I can see I won't find a sympathetic audience here! :cry: ) and a rather young sparrowhawk.
Quentin puffed up his feathers to make himself twice his normal size, and jumped at the so-called "predator". Mr. Hawk duly shat himself and disappeared from the garden, never to be seen again. He knew he'd met his match! :twisted: :lol:

DON'T MESS!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boudicca wrote:
andymackem wrote:Apart from banning pigeon feed in Trafalgar Square they briefly had a sparrowhawk in the area. Unusually for a migrant worker lured into London he found the streets were paved with gold, metaphorically at least.

:lol:

A year or so ago I saw a face-off in my back garden between a woodpigeon (who I have named Quentin but that's a whole 'nother story as I can see I won't find a sympathetic audience here! :cry: ) and a rather young sparrowhawk.
Quentin puffed up his feathers to make himself twice his normal size, and jumped at the so-called "predator". Mr. Hawk duly shat himself and disappeared from the garden, never to be seen again. He knew he'd met his match! :twisted: :lol:

DON'T MESS!
i'ld be scared of anything called Quentin :innocent: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

That's my dad's desk top wallpaper. It's of the bay near where we live.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

And it's just made this thread extremely wide... :eek: :P
;D

@ emwk - I have given all the pigeons in my back garden similarly lovely names.

Quentin is the Alpha male, his "bird" is Felicity... they can often be seen canoodling on a branch together...
Terrence is the Beta male, consort Penelope...
And at the bottom of the pile we have Boris and Doris.

I f**king maintain that pigeons are ace. 8)
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

been a while since some1 replied..but this is mine:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23849975/

wallpaper version is this one:
made it myself by the way ;D
Last edited by Ghostrider on 14 Oct 2005, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

The eye is a good catch!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity