Wasps, where are they?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Andrew S wrote: Am I the only one here that actually likes them? I even freed one from a spider's web once. I like the way they dance and they make a great noise. And they really don't deserve having their legs pulled off. :( As for amputating spiders' legs one by one
No....I just like spiders' even if you call them "jenny-legs" and you are so sweet for saving one from the spider's web...
....they do not deserve having their legs pulled off.....but boys will be boys or sometimes kids will be kids.....

Anyway, I did see one wasp yesterday, but it was just being curious...and flew away again....no panic.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

First wasp in the house. Pretty rare this year indeed. Did not try to sting me. Did not try to kill it...on of my cats did.
"as we walk on the floodland"
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

My dog tried to eat a bee and ended up with a stinger stuck in his tongue.

He now sticks to trying to eat spiders and flies.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

I think I've got a wasp's nest down by the compost bins at the bottom of my garden. An awful lot of them seem to be flying in and out. The coward in me has decided to wait til they all die off before investigating further :oops:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

nick the stripper wrote:My dog tried to eat a bee and ended up with a stinger stuck in his tongue.

He now sticks to trying to eat spiders and flies.
:eek: That happened to my dog (years ago) but shame the poor mutt started sneezing and gulping for air....shame she had shock but lived!! That old and wise now not to do it again... :roll:

My cat plays with the spiders in the house at night and I just let it be...

@DerekR - let it be...that is just nature looking after herself.... :wink:
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

My dog always tries to catch whatever insect passes by too :lol: Terribly funny sight :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DerekR
Doobie Brother

MadameButterfly wrote:@DerekR - let it be...that is just nature looking after herself.... :wink:
Oh I'm all for that, very much the nature fan. I spent a large part of the early summer looking after baby birds that had managed to fall out their nests too early.

One of my cats is supposed to be going blind with cateracts but she still manages to chase spiders at night. With the lights out. I try to rescue and release them cos the evil cats will torment them all night :lol: I've been finding some huge spiders recently.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

DerekR wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:@DerekR - let it be...that is just nature looking after herself.... :wink:
Oh I'm all for that, very much the nature fan. I spent a large part of the early summer looking after baby birds that had managed to fall out their nests too early.

One of my cats is supposed to be going blind with cateracts but she still manages to chase spiders at night. With the lights out. I try to rescue and release them cos the evil cats will torment them all night :lol: I've been finding some huge spiders recently.
o.k....how huge? Not hairy I hope... :roll: My father is leaving me his African grey when he is in the grave....along with many more...animals that is.. :oops:
that ongoing eternity
DerekR
Doobie Brother

MadameButterfly wrote:o.k....how huge? Not hairy I hope... :roll:
I've got a pic on my phone. Gimme a minute and I'll upload it... :lol:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

That weird yellow light is from a Fairy Liquid bottle, arty eh? :wink:

Unfortunately nothing in the pic for scale purposes, but trust me, that thing was HUGE!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Yikes... :eek:

I'm far from arachnophobic, but that one :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

DerekR wrote:Image

That weird yellow light is from a Fairy Liquid bottle, arty eh? :wink:

Unfortunately nothing in the pic for scale purposes, but trust me, that thing was HUGE!
:eek: That looks like a giant daddy-long-legs....is it deadly?
*Fairy Liquid bottle*....oh dear....falling in love :wink:
Yeah I like arty....takes one to know one...

MB - not scared if not deadly.
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

AAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
DerekR
Doobie Brother

MadameButterfly wrote: :eek: That looks like a giant daddy-long-legs....is it deadly?
Nah, harmless, however it does give you a fright when it walks up your bare leg as you're lying slumped on the floor watching TV. Note to James Blast I had shorts on, it wasn't a pants moment! :lol: Don't worry, he'll know what I mean :wink:

On the subject of cats. I have two, both 13 year old spinsters. Last night the supposedly half blind one came face to face with the neighbours kitten through the patio door...what did I do? Opened it of course :lol: She chased the young cat, it ran for it's life! I was so proud of the old girl ;D She's normally so quiet and sweet :innocent: Hasn't stopped the kitten coming back though, more entertainment to come tonight then :twisted: I'll try to take pics.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It looks to me like some kind of wolf spider. They don't build webs, they hunt for prey. They'll keep the number of flies in your house down. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DerekR
Doobie Brother

markfiend wrote:It looks to me like some kind of wolf spider. They don't build webs, they hunt for prey. They'll keep the number of flies in your house down. ;D
I've got plenty of the web building ones here too. Lightning quick at building webs some of them, like you can walk through a door twice in 10 minutes and second time round you walk straight into a web that wasn't there the first time :urff:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i was carrying my cat the other day and walked through a web, cat first... he was not impressed.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

oh ems...is he/she back then :D
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

DerekR wrote:Nah, harmless, however it does give you a fright when it walks up your bare leg as you're lying slumped on the floor watching TV. Note to James Blast I had shorts on, it wasn't a pants moment! :lol: Don't worry, he'll know what I mean :wink:

On the subject of cats. I have two, both 13 year old spinsters. Last night the supposedly half blind one came face to face with the neighbours kitten through the patio door...what did I do? Opened it of course :lol: She chased the young cat, it ran for it's life! I was so proud of the old girl ;D She's normally so quiet and sweet :innocent: Hasn't stopped the kitten coming back though, more entertainment to come tonight then :twisted: I'll try to take pics.
See...harmless, then I would lie on the floor watching TV with you....don't mind spiders walking up bare legs/arms...etc.
Please get those pics....cats are so amazing to watch. *Got a horror story for you one day* ....... :wink:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

@DR sounds more dangerous having one of them wolf spiders crawling up yer scotch egg when yer in shorts, as opposed to pants :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:@DRwolf spiders crawling up yer scotch egg
:lol: Enough said....
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

So the cats were not out playing :( Anyway saw a bee in the house I was in today, but sadly no action, no panic.
Could blame it on the heat we have been having this week but then that might just be going off-topic...
that ongoing eternity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

:eek:

I am arachnophobic.

That spider scared the s**t out of me.
Even ones a tenth of its size worry me.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Dark wrote: That spider scared the s**t out of me.
Only deadly spiders scare me...just stay away!!!!
Other than that respect the rest and if I am the hunted
Then only do I kill. Other than that I just do love what nature has to offer.
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

heights worry me but widths scare the shit outta me!
think hypodermic needles
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele