New Sisters studio material, just Not the Sisters

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Eva wrote:
Dark wrote:... Metropolis...
:eek: :eek: :eek: Metropolis? I mean: Metropolis??? :?: Where? When? To be found on which recording?
And above all, which Metropolis :innocent:

Oh, and I enjoyed the story BTW, cheers :notworthy: :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Obviousman wrote:And above all, which Metropolis :innocent:
True. I was assuming Anne Clark's Metropolis....
Obviousman wrote:Oh, and I enjoyed the story BTW, cheers :notworthy: :D
So did I... :wink:

Reminded me of certain personal experiences though :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

er... ok... what just happened? :?

Is this Andrew taking the p*ss or someone threatning Andy to get an album out there?
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I've just listened to the song and it has two vocalists. One's voice is mixed too low so it's hard to hear it. I figure the voice that is mixed low is Andrew's.

Could this be the start of a new Sisters' project?...

I doubt it, Andrew's just being a cock tease!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nah nothing to do with Andrew.
Chairman BOX wrote:sunglasses were only worn outdoors, during the day (which is natural, as we were someplace sunny, like Spain. Or possibly Arabia)
Or even Texas...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Chairman BOX
Road Kill

Dear all,

We must apologize for not responding more quickly, but our presence was requested at an out-of-town speaking engagement over the weekend, and Internet service at the conference hotel was rather poor.

That being said, we confess a degree of surprise at the (nearly) catholic lack of appreciation for a quite glaringly obvious joke. Well, Eastmidswhizzkid seemed to get it, anyway. And Sultan, you’re alright, too. Points for the correct identification of our fake Eldritch sample.

Unfortunately, jokes aren’t nearly as funny when you have to explain the punch line, but here goes: The relative merits of the song are completely beside the point (though we’re pleased that a number of you of took some enjoyment from it). We could have sampled our cats and set it to a break beat, for all that it matters. The point is this: our cats would *still* be better than the official Sisters version, by default, because the official Sisters version does not exist.

Put another way: if we were attempting to market ourselves, or our own product, we would very likely have included a website, an email address, or possibly (perish the thought!) the name of a real band. Clearly, we did none of these things. Draw your own conclusions.

In summary, anyone can simply rant about the Sisters’ lack of productivity and dismissive stance toward their fans. We, however, are ranting proactively, through the time-honored practice of blatant copyright infringement (all done gratis, of course). Sort of like Gandhi without the shaved head, dig? We were (and are) illustrating a point, with as much snark and bile as our tiny little hearts can muster. Sadly, we know that no one can force Eldritch’s hand but, as Quiff said, at least we give enough of a damn to try. Even if we were huffing ether the whole time. Which we weren’t. Honest.

And for the record, Pearson and Varjak wrote the music. We think it’s a boring arrangement too, but you work with what you’re given.

PS: Sorry for all the words, but we haven’t yet worked out the kinks of beaming our thoughts directly into your brain. Maybe next time.
Chairman BOX, unlike Chairman Bax, is not watching you.
Although we, much like the BORG, are a collective-
excepting only that our brains pulse with funk, love, and napalm.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: I like you Chairman BOX. You're funny.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
bloodmoney
Road Kill

:notworthy: very nice indeed. Kudos to Box & co.
"Okay, hippy scum, here it comes!"
twp
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote::lol: I like you Chairman BOX. You're funny.
Any chance you dress like Jesse Rae?
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

We think it’s a boring arrangement too, but you work with what you’re given.
As mentioned earlier, I will get to work at getting those tabs online, because simply put, the guitar lines on this recording are f**ked. :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Apologies, I was sure there was Metropolis in a Sister Ray medley (a few lines). Perhaps I was wrong and it's another Motörhead song, but I thought it was. Corrections, bitte!
aims
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:I've just listened to the song and it has two vocalists. One's voice is mixed too low so it's hard to hear it. I figure the voice that is mixed low is Andrew's.
Anyone know of a way of checking this? (I'm looking at you music-techy types 8))

I've so far tried boosting the EQ towards what I'd guess to be Andy's vocal range and removing the lead vocalist from the mix. No trace of Mr E so far, but my hearing isn't great.
ruffers
Overbomber

Excellent stuff all round. Well I'm assuming a bit on the tune as the download is so slow but we're getting there...

Christ we got there in the end, and it's................. not bad!

At least it "is", and that will do.

NEXT!
Last edited by ruffers on 07 Sep 2005, 14:51, edited 2 times in total.
Chucking another log on
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:
biggy wrote:Can't any f**ker just write their own songs anymore ?
Emma, Gimme Shelter, 1969, Sister Ray, Ghost Rider, Louie Louie, Bei Mir Bist Du Schön, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, Silver Machine, I Didn't Know I Loved You, Capricorn, Metropolis, Knocking On Heaven's Door, Uptown Top Ranking .

They're all rubbish.

Hey, a few are biting , makes a change. It gets a bit boring when nobody has a go back. :lol:
deadagain
Banned

biggy wrote:
Dark wrote:

They're all rubbish.

Hey, a few are biting , makes a change. It gets a bit boring when nobody has a go back. :lol:
yeah, I agree, everything is rubbish, rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish, i mean what have the sisters ever done for us?

jeez, when am i guna have done enough postings to stop being splattered lowly 'road kill'?!?
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
deadagain
Banned

hurray! I'm drugged up and filthy at last :D just like i was 10 years ago, sigh..... :innocent:
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Dressing in the fashion of Jesse Rae should be compulsory, in much the same manner as "clutching at straws" would appear to be.

You people....

@ Box: Claymores at dawn?
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:Dressing in the fashion of Jesse Rae should be compulsory, in much the same manner as "clutching at straws" would appear to be.

You people....

@ Box: Claymores at dawn?
Go for Les Pauls, much messier Bux....
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Good God...

Vive La Revolution!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Well I had a good chuckle... :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Debaser
Overbomber

I like it here, peeping and a perusing, in the Sisters folder...you have so much fun :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

@ Box

Can you put your talents to a new 'Sweet' track please, something between Ballroom Blitz and Hellraiser would be lovely, please :)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else