Early Daze Book

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I just picked up the Sisters "Early Daze" book of reprinted press cuttings.

Does anyone know who produced it or anything about it?

Its really comprehensive and really good quality - it looks pretty old (goes up to Sisterhood era).

It's dead interesting - I'd recommend that you look for a copy if you haven't got one.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nice!

where from? is it still in print? or was it an ebay jobbie?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

It was an ebay jobbie - looked dead dubious - very little description and no photo. I had a stab cos the starting price was 9.99. Surprisingly no-one else put a bid on!

It really is a fantastic bit of merch - surprised I haven't seen/heard of it before!
rwednesday
Road Kill

Isn't it reviewed in the 'zine section of the collected Heartlands? I don't have it with me at work, maybe someone else has it handy.

Robert

http://www.nomoreromeo.com
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is it the one with purple writing on a black cover ?

If it is I have one somewhere & it really is worth having - loads of stuff together in one place . 9.99 is a really good price I think :smile:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

yeah cool book :smile:

I bought mine back in '88 for around £5.00 so you've not done too badly

There are reviews of most of the magazines/fanzines in Heartland 2 (repeated in the anthology). Of course you'll have to buy that to get the review ;D ;D

Another one in a similar vein is Vols 1-4 of The Sisters Of Mercy Press releases. They take you from 81 to 97 and appear on ebay every so often (numbered 1-100)

for the bootleg community may I recommend one More Flood - Patrick Tappe's book; links were on Dominion not too long back. Tis a good read :grin:

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: paint it black on Nov 22, 2002 11:57am ]</font>