The 5th Test - The Oval

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

So,Have yooz won yet?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
ruffers
Overbomber

YES!

Huge respect is due to Australia, but we won the Ashes. Blimey.
Chucking another log on
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:So,Have yooz won yet?
God only knows. It's top story on the 6 o'clock news but I still dunno who's won.

Makes no sense at all this game.
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
scotty wrote:So,Have yooz won yet?
God only knows. It's top story on the 6 o'clock news but I still dunno who's won.

Makes no sense at all this game.
I'm getting the hang of if it now Derek R,what happens is-
For 4/5 days on the trot nobody's winning OR losing-
You hope for rain or bad light so that you can get a draw-
And you can win when you get a draw,Easy!.
OH,and there's no offside rule so Girls can watch it too :twisted: :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

dame edna everage, kylie minogue, jason donovan, ned kelly, rolf harris, inxs, paul hogan, steve irwin: your boys took one hell of a beating!

sporting glory at its greatest. a day i'll never forget. my wife is now a confirmed cricket fan. and anyone who ever again questions the value of sport can f**k themselves sideways with kevin pietersen's oh so precious bat!!!!
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
aims
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:sporting glory at its greatest. a day i'll never forget. my wife is now a confirmed cricket fan. and anyone who ever again questions the value of sport can f**k themselves sideways with kevin pietersen's oh so precious bat!!!!
I always considered cricket to be boring sh!t and I'm not going to stop now just because its become cool. Surely I get points for resisting groupthink? :lol:

However, it is nice that one of the national teams is good at something, no matter how short lived it will no doubt be 8)
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Motz wrote:I always considered cricket to be boring sh!t and I'm not going to stop now just because its become cool. Surely I get points for resisting groupthink? :lol:
no. you lose point for being a f**king idiot. when you grow mature enough to appreciate the most beautiful of games you'll remember this day and your idiotic words with shame and embarrassment.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
aims
Overbomber

As will you with your words when the triumphant 11 remember that they're English and return to form accordingly :von:
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Amen Richey, the cricket this summer has been some of the the most exciting and compelling I have ever seen.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Debaser
Overbomber

We're all as giddy as kippers here.....

Gaz returned to his 'Dr Who watching' strategies for most of the morning - from behind the sofa!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

RicheyJames wrote:dame edna everage, kylie minogue, jason donovan, ned kelly, rolf harris, inxs, paul hogan, steve irwin: your boys took one hell of a beating!
Almighty list there! :lol: :notworthy:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm all.... oooooo
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:dame edna everage, kylie minogue, jason donovan, ned kelly, rolf harris, inxs, paul hogan, steve irwin: your boys took one hell of a beating!
Almighty list there! :lol: :notworthy:
Don't forget Harry "Crocked" Kewell and Mark "Ginsters" Viduka...

NICE ONE, LADS!!!

:D
ruffers
Overbomber

Bye bye cricket, see you in 4 years. Ridiculous.

What a day though, what a day...
Chucking another log on
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

And it all started after I carefully explained to a Polish girl that we don't play cricket on horseback.

Unfortunately she now thinks it's always this exciting. If she comes to England next summer she might want me to take her to a game, and I don't know if the County Ground in Chelmsford is going to deliver somehow.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

not even a 20/20 game?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Twenty/20 just isn't cricket ....

Maybe the one-dayer when Essex entertain Durham. Or maybe we could introduce a cricketing round into the Badminton Horse Trials.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G