Stopping by check in and say hello

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rwednesday
Road Kill

Hello all -

I am just stopping by to check in. It seems I haven't posted in... ok, about 3 years (but my password still works!).

I just had a gut feeling last night (while doing my biannual discography listen - in reverse order) that I should check in, and 'lo and behold, I missed a tour (and Andy's haircut). I was on this list a bunch and the mailing list before that - it's great to see it still going.

In December will be my (sigh) big 3-0 birthday and my 15th Sisters anniversary. Could it really be that long?

It's truly an honor that when searching for info on Sisters, some people may happen to find reviews I did of their shows (if the tour.sisters site still exists somewhere.)

Since I've last posted, I finally made it across the pond to visit. I spent a week in Avignon (Lacoste), France and a week in Lincolnshire (Lincoln and Horncastle) UK. And it was a life changing experience. A sincere thanks if I happened to walk past any of you.

Time and money has been going towards other things (once you collect all the vinyl what else is left? :x ). But here are some pics of my new baby, (she turns 2 next month):

http://www.mehitobel.com/wednesday/anniedone1.jpg
http://www.mehitobel.com/wednesday/anniedone2.jpg
http://www.mehitobel.com/wednesday/anniedone3.jpg

I am glad to see people keeping the dream alive! I'm sure I'll see some of you if they ever play the states again.

(Sorry for all of the parantheses - seems I had a lot more to say than I thought.)

Thanks again,
Robert (Savannah, GA USA)
ruffers
Overbomber

Well I (for one) have no idea who you are but as you are (seemingly) such a jolly nice chap I thought I'd say hello - hello!

The baby wasn't what I expected... what's that then?
Chucking another log on
rwednesday
Road Kill

Hello!

Heh, she's my Honda Shadow Aero and takes up all my time and money. I noticed after posting, Quiff has a pic of him and his Honda in the pics section. And no, no MR logos on the bike (yet) but it's the only patch I have on my leathers. :von:

Robert
Dark
Underneath the Rock

rwednesday wrote:a week in Lincolnshire (Lincoln and Horncastle) UK. And it was a life changing experience.
It's a corrupting experience. Not as bad as having to live in Lincoln. :lol: *dodges Debaser*
rwednesday wrote:(once you collect all the vinyl what else is left? :x
The Russian flexis, Polish postcards, master tapes and demo acetates. Since you asked. :lol:

And nice to meet you. Especially if I may have seen you in our fairly awful city. ;D ;)
Last edited by Dark on 13 Sep 2005, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

rwednesday wrote:...but it's the only patch I have on my leathers. :von:

Robert
:notworthy:

Good to meet you. You going to be hanging around then?
rwednesday
Road Kill

The only corrupting thing was having to carry a change purse for all of the money. We prefer paper money and wallets! :)

"The Russian flexis, Polish postcards, master tapes and demo acetates. Since you asked."

Well, a lot of the stuff I did have and I have since misplaced or drunkenly given away. Luckily though, my obsession hasn't gone too far into collecting the boots of each show and whatnot. I HAVE to draw the line somewhere.

"Good to meet you. You going to be hanging around then?"

Now and then. I already spend way too much time on another forum and only having the Net at work can get a bit annoying. But I will keep better track of things.

Nice to meet everyone,

R
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Well hello then to those in theory *lurking* posters'. Your *baby* is sweet, although I was expecting something else. The leather-thing sounds nice and you seem to have a say now and then.

Enjoy HL when you are around.

MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity