***Media Monitor Alert - EATB - Radio 2 - Today***

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Mr. Echo and his Bunnymen are on Stuart Maconie's Radio 2 Drivetime 5-7pm show tomorrow night - Thursday, 15th September, 2005

since they seem to be back on form, it may be worth checking out
apologys to Mrs. S for not posting a Media Monitor update for a while but I stopped buying the Radio Times :|
Last edited by James Blast on 15 Sep 2005, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

:notworthy: Good work as ever Mr Blast :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

was gonna mail you DR but you've picked it up here :D
I see no one else is interested, the fools!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:was gonna mail you DR but you've picked it up here :D
I see no one else is interested, the fools!
Thanks JB

I think I can brave Radio 2 for 2 hours today!

Let's hope they ARE on form, as there are few better.
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
ruffers
Overbomber

Hopefully it'll be on the listen again thingimajig service.
Chucking another log on
Silver_Owl
The Don

Back on form you say? Is the last album worth a listen?
I haven't been too keen since Bedbugs & ballyhoo.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hom_Corleone wrote:Back on form you say? Is the last album worth a listen?
I haven't been too keen since Bedbugs & ballyhoo.
Well the last one "Flowers" was a bit iffy (but I liked it).

The new one, "Siberia", however, rocks like a bastard :notworthy:

Haven't you heard the new single "Stormy Weather"?
Silver_Owl
The Don

I haven't heard it Derek, no. I'll go and get the album tomorrow. What is it reminiscent of? Which album is it most similar to?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hom_Corleone wrote:I haven't heard it Derek, no. I'll go and get the album tomorrow
No you wont, it's not out til Monday :lol:
Hom_Corleone wrote:What is it reminiscent of? Which album is it most similar to?
Well I'd like to say it's as good as Heaven Up Here or Ocean Rain but it isn't really, that's wishful thinking. There are a couple of songs which remind me of The Cutter and Dancing Horses but anyone wishing for a return to 1984 is going to be disappointed on the whole. EATB, much like TSOM are a vastly different beast these days. Mac's voice has changed in 20 years, quite understandably. The thing with me is that I love modern day Bunnymen stuff. I reckon What Are You Going To Do... and Evergreen are as good as anything they have done in the past. Hell, I even love the 'Grey', album! (but that's got more to do with a certain time, place & person :oops: ).To be honest there's loads of nods and winks to the old days in the songs, it's a bit like a 'Bunnymen through the years' retrospective, without being a greatest hits :lol:

...and it still ends on a cheesy ballad :notworthy: Some things never change.
Silver_Owl
The Don

DerekR wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:I haven't heard it Derek, no. I'll go and get the album tomorrow
No you wont, it's not out til Monday :lol:
Hom_Corleone wrote:What is it reminiscent of? Which album is it most similar to?
Well I'd like to say it's as good as Heaven Up Here or Ocean Rain but it isn't really, that's wishful thinking. There are a couple of songs which remind me of The Cutter and Dancing Horses but anyone wishing for a return to 1984 is going to be disappointed on the whole. EATB, much like TSOM are a vastly different beast these days. Mac's voice has changed in 20 years, quite understandably. The thing with me is that I love modern day Bunnymen stuff. I reckon What Are You Going To Do... and Evergreen are as good as anything they have done in the past. Hell, I even love the 'Grey', album! (but that's got more to do with a certain time, place & person :oops: ).To be honest there's loads of nods and winks to the old days in the songs, it's a bit like a 'Bunnymen through the years' retrospective, without being a greatest hits :lol:

...and it still ends on a cheesy ballad :notworthy: Some things never change.
Right, you've got me convinced Derek. I'm off to play to have a gander. Cheers mate.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ruffers
Overbomber

Did the job on me to.
Chucking another log on
DerekR
Doobie Brother

I should get a job doing EATB's press :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

...and I've just checked the official site and they're playing Brum academy in October. Sounds like a date to me.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
snowey

They were superb at the HMV in London last Thursday.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hom_Corleone wrote:...and I've just checked the official site and they're playing Brum academy in October. Sounds like a date to me.
I'm off to Glasgow Barrowland on the 23rd. They can still very much cut it live. I saw them on their 25th anniversary tour a couple of years ago and they were amazing :notworthy: Hoping for more of the same. The live DVD they brought out recently, as well as recent festival appearances, were major disappointments though, don't quite understand that :|
Silver_Owl
The Don

Just bought the tickets. If they're s**t Derek - it's all your fault :lol: .
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hom_Corleone wrote:Just bought the tickets. If they're s**t Derek - it's all your fault :lol: .
:lol:

saw them a couple of years ago at the ritz in manchester and they were amazing 8)

shame about chris martin's guest appearance & vocal though :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
snowey

Quiff Boy wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Just bought the tickets. If they're s**t Derek - it's all your fault :lol: .

saw them a couple of years ago at the ritz in manchester and they were amazing 8)

I remember that...Everyone was asking who the tramp on stage next to Mac was. :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

snowey wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

I remember that...Everyone was asking who the tramp on stage next to Mac was. :lol:
yep :lol:

did chris have a plaster-cast on his arm too? or did i imagine that bit? :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
snowey

Quiff Boy wrote:
snowey wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote::lol:

yep :lol:

did chris have a plaster-cast on his arm too? or did i imagine that bit? :?
I can't remember but if he did it should have had the word twit on it. :innocent: :lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

Was there no space for "gormless" then?
Chucking another log on
James Blast
Banned

***UPDATE***
that nice Mr. Maconie has just informed us they won't be on till 18:15, so all you Radio 2 phobes can retune till then
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

James Blast wrote:Mr. Echo and his Bunnymen are on Stuart Maconie's Radio 2 Drivetime 5-7pm show tomorrow night - Thursday, 15th September, 2005

since they seem to be back on form, it may be worth checking out
apologys to Mrs. S for not posting a Media Monitor update for a while but I stopped buying the Radio Times :|
Nice to see you back on form Mr. B :D Mr. Snowey is currently channel-hopping between ST:Voyager and Radio 2 as I type :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:***UPDATE***
that nice Mr. Maconie has just informed us they won't be on till 18:15, so all you Radio 2 phobes can retune till then
I must admit it's tough going trying to stay tuned during "Solid As A Rock" by Ashford & Simpson :?
scotty
Overbomber

I really like the first song,Bunnymen off old.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"