Daddy-Longlegs !..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Bluebottles I know swim in the sea, a jelly-fish kind, that sting with their long blue tails hence the name. I have been stung by them on a few occasions and it burns like hell :evil:
My friend Mike got stung by one of those fuckers when I was in Australia. You could see the red marks round his arm where it had got hold of him :evil:
The f**ker that got me left a part of it's being in my leg which became a *natural* tatoo and that shock effect was felt by me and my little one who screamed on the top of her lungs for a hour and half!!! :evil:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Andrew S wrote:I'm not so sure about that. I remember once picking up my old recorder that had been lying around the house and starting to play it - until the spider that had been hiding inside it stepped into my mouth! I literally felt each leg step onto my tongue!!! I spat it so far, it hit the kitchen wall - and it was a large kitchen. Funnily enough, I never did play that recorder again. :roll:

My sister has swallowed 2 jenny-long-legs (aka daddy-long-legs) in alarmingly quick succession. One landed in her dinner and she didn't quite make the connection till she'd eaten it, and the other landed in her orange juice and slid down her throat before she could stop it.

Then there was the spider that crawled up my sleeve and seemed to disappear forever...
Err, sorry for my curiosity, but what is the link between your tongue and the recorder... You didn't actually lick it, did you :lol:
If a spider would do that to me, actually, I think I'd just bite, it would be al over then, wouldn't it ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
canon docre
Overbomber

What, OM? Don't you lick your recorder when it plays the sissies? :? :P
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I only play them on my pc, a cd player and an iPod, not familiar with playing them on a recorder, sorry ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
ruffers
Overbomber

A recorder, just to be on the safe side. :lol:

Chucking another log on
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Whoops, I thought it was like a casette recorder-thingy :oops:

Why don't you just call that a flute :roll: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That's a flute :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
canon docre
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Whoops, I thought it was like a casette recorder-thingy :oops:

Why don't you just call that a flute :roll: :lol:
Arrrgh. not another vocabulary mistake. :oops:

*I'll get my coat.*
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

markfiend wrote:Image
That's a flute :lol:
In Dutch, what you seem to call a recorder is called a blokfluit, so I suggest from now on you just start calling a recorder a blockflute or something alike :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

it must be true cromwell, it made it to the mail. there, in depth, it explains why

i await similar article on small whales :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

If it is a long legged, long thin bodied flying insect it's a Cranefly, Daddy long-legs are those round bodied, very long legged spider type things that apparently have strong enough venom to kill a human with one bite.

If their fangs could actually pierce your skin.

I'm full of useless information. :)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote:A recorder, just to be on the safe side. :lol:

Thank you ruffers. :notworthy: Incidentally, if I remember correctly, Eldritch was branded "musically inept" at school because he couldn't play one. :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

We always called Crane flies "Daddy-long-legs" too. Image
Andy Christ 666 wrote:If it is a long legged, long thin bodied flying insect it's a Cranefly, Daddy long-legs are those round bodied, very long legged spider type things that apparently have strong enough venom to kill a human with one bite.

If their fangs could actually pierce your skin.

I'm full of useless information. :)
Untrue information ;)
Clicky
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Jaimie1980

What a coincidence. I had a visit from a Daddy Long Legs / Crane Fly last night. Those things give me the creeps. Somehow I managed to trap it in a pot and send it out the window. First one I've seen in ages then I find this thread. Spooky.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend's clicky confirms my "Bluebottle" experience...which thread?
And one thing I have *heard* about seeing spiders, having them in your house or crawling near you.....it is supposed to mean *change*.
I keep the spiders near my house and hanging at the windows because it keeps things like mosquitoes and flying insects out the house while the windows are open.

Another thing that surprises me is the fact that so many of the *men* seem to gets the creeps from spiders?
I can understand the fear of a *black widow* or *tarantula* but then again maybe it is just me.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

:urff: I have a real "aversion" to spiders (read that as sheer fear) and it doesn't matter what size :eek:

I also have a particular voice when I see a spider - obviously, I'm shouting for Paul at the time :lol: - he always knows that I'm "calling" him (ie screaming) so that he can dispose of it :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure that he was very keen on spiders, but since living with me he has grown very accustomed to get very close to them so that they can be disposed of :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Andy Christ 666

I stand corrected Markfiend, thanks to your 'clicky' information. 8)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

There is a small spider which has taken residence on the walls surrounding my computer. So long as he stays on the upper parts of the walls, where I can see him, and away from my legs, I don't mind.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Dark wrote:There is a small spider which has taken residence on the walls surrounding my computer. So long as he stays on the upper parts of the walls, where I can see him, and away from my legs, I don't mind.
Yep - we had one in the bathroom. He was behind the skirting board and all you could see was the ends of a couple of legs. Even I managed to live with that.........until, one day he ventured too far into the bathroom and therefore closer to me ............end of his story - a girlie shriek from me and Paul sorted it :lol:
Last edited by Black Alice on 23 Sep 2005, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Speak of the devil, he appeared on my desk, and has promptly disappeared. I'm scared.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Dark wrote:Speak of the devil, he appeared on my desk, and has promptly disappeared. I'm scared.
See - they can't be trusted :eek:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Dark wrote:Speak of the devil, he appeared on my desk, and has promptly disappeared. I'm scared.
Guess he got hungry and now will start eating you :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote:
Guess he got hungry and now will start eating you :innocent:
OM, NOT a good thing to say because I'm having to sleep in this room tonight...

I don't care if it's only 1cm long, it's still a spider.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Sorry, wasn't aware spiders back there are so fond of human flesh :wink: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:Speak of the devil, he appeared on my desk, and has promptly disappeared....
Up your sleeve perhaps? :twisted: