secret/restricted gig ticket buying etiquette!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Tara
Road Kill

Helloo!
I'm back did you miss me!
Fine...
As I sit here with Snubnose turned up so loud, my ears wish to bleed. a question occurs.
Before the Exxile tour there was a small gig played in Leeds, by the time I learnt of it all the tickets had gone, noooo!
To all you clever peolpe who got tickets for it how did you do that.
As my life's ambition is to chew Eldo's ankles, I feel the only way to do this (without having to offer sexual favours to security guards standing in the way) is to go to one of the not so secret or small gig's.
No, I don't expect you to pass up your most treasured ticket accquiring secrets ..that would be too much to ask. But a hint in the right direction would help.

On an entirely different topic, I noticed someone asking about getting UTR's. Sorry can't remember who or where the thread was( It's the pills you know)But I might be able to help as i have them all.
Yep the whole jolly lot.
That's it I'm off now.

;D ;D
Dan
Overbomber

If you mean the Near Meth Experience gigs, I believe they were only announced the morning of the show, and there probably were no tickets - and I'm guessing you just turned up and paid on the door.
Tara
Road Kill

no wonder I couldn't get one then, being unfortunate enough not to live in Leeds ;D
Dan
Overbomber

On Dec 3, 2002 6:21pm, Tara wrote:
no wonder I couldn't get one then, being unfortunate enough not to live in Leeds ;D
Think how I feel, I live in Leeds and I didn't find out about the Near Meth gigs until AFTER they happened :sad:
Debaser
Overbomber

Secret gigs can be a pain but basically you need to be friends with LOTS of people.

I've been lucky enough to get into three or four secret gigs (not Sisters BTW) because of contacts I've made over the years.....

Being part of Forums and Newsgroups etc does help though because there's usually someone who knows someone who knows something.

Debaser
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else