"Foxes are vermin"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
canon docre
Overbomber

... said Roger Waters recently in an inteview.

:eek:

Is being a fox-hunt-lobbyist an accepted attitude in the UK or is he just a mislead eccentric?
Last edited by canon docre on 24 Sep 2005, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
aims
Overbomber

There is a major pro-hunting lobby. It seems like a 50/50 split, until you take into account the possibility for members of one side being less vocal.
Andie
Overbomber

whilst i don't dispute that foxes are indeed vermin...hunting them with hounds is very very unacceptable...and hunt lobbyists are so misguided that there really is no way back for them...the Fox should be controlled (i lived in the Essex country side...i know...i'll get me coat)...but by more humane methods...

my 2 cents...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Roger Waters should stick to doing what he's good at and stop talking crap.

"Vermin" is a legal classification of a species of animal determined by the government (DEFRA). No government, Tory or Labour, pro- or anti-hunting has EVER classified foxes as vermin, and so anyone claiming they are vermin is simply wrong.

If they were vermin, then the (now illegal) Fox Hunts who bred foxes for hunting would have been breaking the law instead of just being wankers.

Just my opinion, you understand.
Andie
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:No government, Tory or Labour, pro- or anti-hunting has EVER classified foxes as vermin, and so anyone claiming they are vermin is simply wrong.
now there's something i didn't know...my appoligies to the fox

what exactly are they known as?...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Foxes like me for some strange reason. I'll probably see one out my window tonight, and I'll say a quiet hello to him or her.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:No government, Tory or Labour, pro- or anti-hunting has EVER classified foxes as vermin, and so anyone claiming they are vermin is simply wrong.

Paul says
"Foxes, generally"

:wink:

keep me outta this!
canon docre
Overbomber

Waters said as well, that squirrels make "interesting targets". "Just like dart."

:eek:

I was always on Gilmores side, anyway. :von:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:Foxes like me for some strange reason.
Takes one to know one, perchance?
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:
boudicca wrote:Foxes like me for some strange reason.
Takes one to know one, perchance?
You be the judge! :lol: :wink:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Burn wrote:

Mangey, bucket-raking, flea infested, pet-killing, disease spreading non-vermin?

I don't like em but don't agree with hunting em either.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Well, Mr. Fox must be an avid follower of HL, because I did indeed hear one (or maybe more) of them in my back garden last night :D . Don't know if they were mating or fighting. and I really don't want to find out... :urff: :eek:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Burn wrote:whilst i don't dispute that foxes are indeed vermin...hunting them with hounds is very very unacceptable...and hunt lobbyists are so misguided that there really is no way back for them...the Fox should be controlled (i lived in the Essex country side...i know...i'll get me coat)...but by more humane methods...
foxes are a thriving british wild animal -in the cities. i see them all the time in Leicester, late at night /early hours of the morning.
and who can blame them? -plentiful food to be scavenged (dustbins) plenty of hidey holes that don't/can't get dug out by terrier men (bastards) and no inbred toffs showing off how important they are to each other; and how privileged they are to the common poor folk; and what good targets those red jackets really do make to the hunt-sabs with the crossbow :innocent: (who all deserve one) :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That's an amusing thought isn't it? The local hunt running round an estate trying to catch urban foxes.

Actually, no. There'd be more cats killed by the hounds than foxes :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:That's an amusing thought isn't it? The local hunt running round an estate trying to catch urban foxes.
A better one is the estate chasing the hunt... they can wear all the gear but no horses allowed...

I'd be up for it! They could show us how much the foxes used to enjoy it.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

You're looking quite foxy in that cowboy hat and you're certainly not vermin :D
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

There's a fox that roams around the streets where I live.

He goes through the bins looking for food, which pisses off my neighbour who's a fox hunter. He claims: "if I had it my way I'd shoot the blasted thing. And if he comes near my bins I will." I find this statement rather funny considering his one cat (George, who is obese) goes through everyone's bins during the day, tearing holes in the bin bags.

I sometimes put leftover meat out for the fox, which it seems to like.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

nick the stripper wrote:There's a fox that roams around the streets where I live.

He goes through the bins looking for food, which pisses off my neighbour who's a fox hunter. He claims: "if I had it my way I'd would shoot the blasted thing. And if he comes near my bins I will." I find this statement rather funny considering his one cat (George, who is obese) goes through everyone's bins during the day, tearing holes in the bin bags.

I sometimes put leftover meat out for it, which it seems to like.
cat food's always been a favourite of foxes round here. and my aunt down in Lazcorp country has had badgers visit her back garden for nearly thirty years,and they love it.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hedgehogs like catfood too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
nick the stripper wrote:There's a fox that roams around the streets where I live.

He goes through the bins looking for food, which pisses off my neighbour who's a fox hunter. He claims: "if I had it my way I'd would shoot the blasted thing. And if he comes near my bins I will." I find this statement rather funny considering his one cat (George, who is obese) goes through everyone's bins during the day, tearing holes in the bin bags.

I sometimes put leftover meat out for it, which it seems to like.
cat food's always been a favourite of foxes round here. and my aunt down in Lazcorp country has had badgers visit her back garden for nearly thirty years,and they love it.
We have badgers in Minehead as well. We constantly find badger holes in the garden and the alartment behind the house. The neighbour I mentioned earlier has a daughter who use to keep a rabbit out in the garden. One day they found it dead in the garden and it was supposedly killed by a badger, so since then people on the street keep their rabbits and guinea-pigs inside.
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

straylight wrote:
markfiend wrote:That's an amusing thought isn't it? The local hunt running round an estate trying to catch urban foxes.
A better one is the estate chasing the hunt... they can wear all the gear but no horses allowed...

I'd be up for it! They could show us how much the foxes used to enjoy it.
I'm up for it. :twisted:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

nick the stripper wrote:I sometimes put leftover meat out for the fox, which it seems to like.
:notworthy: Every underDOG needs a champion or two.

It never ceases to amaze me that the majority of canines are considered "Man's Best Friend", yet two particular types - foxes and wolves - are almost synonymous with deviousness and evil in our culture :| .

Seems to be the typical human reaction to the things we can't tame, can't control. They won't let us call them Rover and pet them... all the more reason to like them, IMHO...
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

Norman Hunter wrote:You're looking quite foxy in that cowboy hat and you're certainly not vermin :D
I was a bit worried by this for a minute (how does he know about my home life?) but then I saw canon docre's avatar and felt a great relief.
deadagain
Banned

as far as i can see there's only one form of vermin on this planet - humans. they are the ones that are polluting and destroying, breeding out of control and eating the planet to extinction.

after all whats the population of foxes compared with that of humans? go figure!

having said that, I'd be more than happy to allow fox hunting again, so long as the hunters are happy to be hunted themselves. After all, fairs fair, isn't it?
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
canon docre
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:You're looking quite foxy in that cowboy hat and you're certainly not vermin :D
We vermins disguise as cowboys, as foxes and sometimes even as nurses.

:wink: