Terrible TOL version

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

nick the stripper wrote:
ruffers wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what the buggery bleedin' bollocks is schranz?
clicky
Hmm.. the article is a bit wrong.. the name comes from the style of the pile of records Chris Liebing used to pick up from his local record store, the owner calling in the schranz pile..

I'd definitely rule out some of the names on that list, especially Cari Lekebusch who is a hell of a lot more diverse in his production..

but hey, to most people it's all washing machine music.. :lol:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
ruffers
Overbomber

Well that's what I thought when I read it, the name that sprang out at me as one I knew, heard some his tunes and sets was Cari Lekebusch and that stuff didn't really fit what I was interpreting the rest to mean.

So, is it fast kiddie Euro dance then?
Chucking another log on
Gottdammerung

Nah, far from it.. its a more stripped down, angular and somewhat "clanking" form of techno..

The Wikipedia list is pretty much off the mark to be honest as a lot of artists will record what they consider just to be techno - I have a couple of Umek tunes and they are very different, one being near to early acid house and the other far closer to the schranz sound..

Labels such as CLR (Chris Liebings own label), Fine Audio Recordings and Construct Rhythm are probably good examples of Schranz labels as such..

Out of Germany there's about 3 different styles I like personally those being Berlin Techno (imagine electro techno without the cheesiness it inherited upon arrival in the UK and keeping a very experimental feel..), Frankfurt Techno - big bass, vocals and driving - Kiddaz FM is the best label for that, and of course Schranz..

But at the end of the day its silly to be tied down by one particular form of a music style, my technop records are mainly what I would describe as being "european techno"...

though I do hate all forms of trance especially psytrance, which really is the devil's music..
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
ruffers
Overbomber

I'll be having a soulseek then, for evaluation purposes. And for possibly the first time in my life I am using that expression accurately.
Chucking another log on
Gottdammerung

ruffers wrote:I'll be having a soulseek then, for evaluation purposes. And for possibly the first time in my life I am using that expression accurately.
Save yourself the time.. use google and put Chris Liebing + MP3 - you should find a set within seconds

try www.UMP3.de - they appear to have loads..

Hunter S. Thompson
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Cool, I've just shared a week with a guy who appeared to be a schranz dj... His definition of the genre is: no melody just beats, so :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
ruffers
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:
ruffers wrote:I'll be having a soulseek then, for evaluation purposes. And for possibly the first time in my life I am using that expression accurately.
Save yourself the time.. use google and put Chris Liebing + MP3 - you should find a set within seconds

Never been there before - thanks for that link :notworthy:
Chucking another log on
Gottdammerung

ruffers wrote:
Gottdammerung wrote:

Never been there before - thanks for that link :notworthy:

he he... I just found it whilst looking for that mix I was going on a bout..

I think my mate's broadband connection is going to get caned when I house sit for him next week...

Hunter S. Thompson
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:

:notworthy: Top link! :notworthy:

wow, a live set of Matthew Jonson ... gonna check that out!
in dub we trust
Gottdammerung

If anyone wants, I'll go do some searching and put up some more techno mix links..

I've got a couple in mind already..

(though in a new topic in the general board of course... )

Hunter S. Thompson
ruffers
Overbomber

Well I've got a few as previously sent to a couple of HL'ers....

Seems a fairly common musical association does Sisters to Techno, Industrial Groove Machines innit :eek:
Chucking another log on
Gottdammerung

ruffers wrote:Well I've got a few as previously sent to a couple of HL'ers....

Seems a fairly common musical association does Sisters to Techno, Industrial Groove Machines innit :eek:
lol.. yeah, I also think that a lot of people don't get it either..

I fell in love with techno after finding myself in a dirty warehouse in London with a 20K sound system blasting the stuff out and me in a rather messy state... :innocent:

All's all about the dyanmics of the sound... (man..) :lol:

Hunter S. Thompson
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Gottdammerung wrote:If anyone wants, I'll go do some searching and put up some more techno mix links..

I've got a couple in mind already..

(though in a new topic in the general board of course... )
yes please! 8)
Ruffers wrote:Seems a fairly common musical association does Sisters to techno
the reasons i love techno are the same as a lot of the reasons i love the sisters.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

We've touched on this before I think - "relentless" was a good word.
Chucking another log on
Gottdammerung

OK - due to crazy relationship tings going down currently I am without broadband access this week... I might have it on Monday night so I'll try and have a look about then for mp3 sites...

Hunter S. Thompson
eastmidswhizzkid

ruffers wrote:We've touched on this before I think - "relentless" was a good word.
indeed; and "intense" is another good word.
Eldritch wrote:...effective repetition..."

Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the reasons i love techno are the same as a lot of the reasons i love the sisters.
Yeap. It's because there hasn't been a decent record released for twelve years.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
ruffers
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the reasons i love techno are the same as a lot of the reasons i love the sisters.
Yeap. It's because there hasn't been a decent record released for twelve years.

IZ.
Ba dum tish!
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Eldritch wrote:
...effective repetition..."
Source?
Chucking another log on
eastmidswhizzkid

@Izzy :lol:

@ruffers :not sure off the top of my head -i think it's in my "scrapbook" of interviews ...i'll dig it out and let you know.

edit : found it -
"there is....a fine line between monotony and effective repetition" -andrew eldritch. from a postal interview with BLACK magazine,by Gary Kitchener, 1984.

Gottdammerung

OK - crazy relationship thing is simmering currently, so I should be able to have a poke about yonder net for stuff..

I'll post anything I find...

Hunter S. Thompson
ruffers
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:OK - crazy relationship thing is simmering currently, so I should be able to have a poke about yonder net for stuff..

Are you going out with my girlfriend too :?: :lol:

So are we having a secret "techno set" corner then?

And eastmids - ta!
Chucking another log on
Gottdammerung

ruffers wrote:
Gottdammerung wrote:OK - crazy relationship thing is simmering currently, so I should be able to have a poke about yonder net for stuff..

So are we having a secret "techno set" corner then?
Yup, it can be our dirty secret...

....that and the girlfriend sharing.... :lol:

Hunter S. Thompson