Most overrated albums in the world

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I can agree with some in the list.

Coldplay are a bunch of whiners, almost as disgusting as Belgian 'Novastar'.

The Sex Pistols were just a big joke. Real punk was made by the Ramones and the Dead Kennedy's and that's it.

And I never heard a bigger bore than Morrissey, lead wanker of the (otherwise not so bad) The Smiths. He seems to have mistaken the phrase 'you can always tune an instrument or your voice by the sound of a dial tone', he actually SUNG the dial tone for the whole of his already too long career. Almost the same counts for Lou Reed, although he is not a singer but a rapper. The only thing he ever actually sang was 'doopdodoopdodoop' in 'Take a walk on the Wild Side'

Other arsewipes include the whole R&B and gangsta rap world, 50 Cent in the lead, closely followed by Snoop Ducky Duck.

Nirvana was a very big influence for me, and I like almost everything Kurt and Co ever recorded. So did those early 90s indie bands such as The Stone Roses, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam and others.

Most underrated remains the whole of the old Metal scene (Slayer was already mentioned, Soundgarden too, Ministry, Megadeth, Maiden and a gazillion others not)

End rant. For now.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

boudicca wrote:My problem is - Versace... ass... bitches... Mercedes Benz - make a combination of these words and you have a rap lyric :roll: .
That's another thing, but then, if their lyrics would have something in them, if they would have some substance themselves, perhaps I could look over that...
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Coldplay are a bunch of whiners, almost as disgusting as Belgian 'Novastar'.
Novastar's terrible indeed, and the worst thing is that guy was standing next to me at the baker's last sunday with his terrible accent ordering a few rolls :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You can't compare Lou Reed to Morrissey.

Look at some of the lyrics Lou Reed wrote, and then utter s**t like "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" by Morrissey.

No question. I'd rather be waiting for the man, instead of Morrissey making me miserable.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Dark wrote:Look at some of the lyrics Lou Reed wrote.
"What's good? No good at all..."

Nuff said?

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

oh dear, I fear for your sanity

It's fcukin' pop music!
nothing to see here, please move on

BTW, I'm listening to Antichrist Superstar and really enjoying it
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:
boudicca wrote: now it's just pure, lazy smugness.
which unfortunately my 12 yr-old lad listens to non-stop, no doubt in an attempt to be 'hip' and 'street'. Please let it be a phase. Please.
:lol: He's rebelling innit?

What you wanna do is, start listening to Snoop Ducky Duck (as Iz calls 'im), wearing baseball caps at a jaunty angle, and talking like you're from a baaaaad part of Noo Yawk :roll: .

Your son will automatically be repulsed by this, and start listening to the Sisters of Mercy. ;D :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

boudicca wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
boudicca wrote: now it's just pure, lazy smugness.
which unfortunately my 12 yr-old lad listens to non-stop, no doubt in an attempt to be 'hip' and 'street'. Please let it be a phase. Please.
:lol: He's rebelling innit?

What you wanna do is, start listening to Snoop Ducky Duck (as Iz calls 'im), wearing baseball caps at a jaunty angle, and talking like you're from a baaaaad part of Noo Yawk :roll: .

Your son will automatically be repulsed by this, and start listening to the Sisters of Mercy. ;D :wink:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

But then what, you'll find yourself eternally bound to those ducks :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Dark wrote:Look at some of the lyrics Lou Reed wrote.
"What's good? No good at all..."

Nuff said?

IZ.
Lady Godiva, hair dressed so demurely
Pats the head of another curly-haired boy
Just another toy
Sick with silence she weeps sincerely
Saying words that have all so clearly been said
So long ago

Draperies wrapped gently round her shoulders
Life has made her that much bolder now
That she found out how

Dressed in silk, clad in lace and envy
Pride and joy of the latest penny fair
Pretty passing care

Her hair today now are dipped in the water
Making love to every poor daughter's son
Isn't it fun?

Now today, propping grace with envy
Lady Godiva peers to see if anyone's there
And hasn't a care

The doctor's coming, the nurse thinks sweetly
Turning on the machines that neatly pump air
The body lies bare

Shaved and hairless, what once was screaming
Now lies silent and almost sleeping
The brain must have gone away

Strapped securely to the white table
Ether causes the body to wither and writhe
Underneath the white light

The doctor arrives, knife and baggage
Sees the growth as just so much cabbage
That now
Must be cut away

Now comes the moment of great! great! decision!
The doctor is making his first incision
One goes here - one goes there

The ether tube's leaking says someone who's sloppy
Patient it seems is not so well sleeping
The screams echo up the hall
Don't panic someone give him pentathol instantly
Doctor removes his blade
Cagily so from the brain
By my count of ten -
The head won't move!

Gives me shivers. Especially when I go to the dentists and have my braces altered. Especially the first time when there was a machine pumping air in my mouth.
It's not the sort of thing to have on loop in your brain, about operations going horribly wrong... :von:
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Surely it is a case of what you like yourself for artistic/aesthetic reasons versus the time/circumstance/location you heard it in?

As James (the Blast, not the group) said, it is all just bloody pop music after all, as high and mighty as we may wish to think our taste is.

Find it quite amusing of late that the meedya are attempting to put Dylan (who I have a lot of time for), back up on the pedestal that he has consistently attemted to kick over at any opportunity himself.

Sounds a little familiar?
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Strangely enough, I got into the Sisters through a hip-hop act. Spent the most fun years of my Twenties working for a hip-hop magazine and running hip-hop clubs. There's a hell of a lot more to the scene than most of you seem willing to give credit for. The fact that a lot of people here equate a huge, culturally vital part of the musical output of the last two decades with a few cliche's picked up from bling videos (which frankly have as much to do with hip-hop as Sum41 have to do with punk) saddens and suprises me.

Yes 50-cent's a prick, but not because he's an R'n'B artist, he's simply a prick. Please remember that for every Coupla' hundred 50-cents out there there's at least one Chuck D, tearing down every sonic and cultural wall he can find.

As for overated albums. Owt by the Beatles (I didn't say it was bad, just overated).
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
James Blast
Banned

thank you Mr. Z

can we now move on...?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Public Enemy I enjoy, I do not get the rest.
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

RobF wrote:Strangely enough, I got into the Sisters through a hip-hop act. Spent the most fun years of my Twenties working for a hip-hop magazine and running hip-hop clubs. There's a hell of a lot more to the scene than most of you seem willing to give credit for. The fact that a lot of people here equate a huge, culturally vital part of the musical output of the last two decades with a few cliche's picked up from bling videos (which frankly have as much to do with hip-hop as Sum41 have to do with punk) saddens and suprises me.

Yes 50-cent's a prick, but not because he's an R'n'B artist, he's simply a prick. Please remember that for every Coupla' hundred 50-cents out there there's at least one Chuck D, tearing down every sonic and cultural wall he can find.

As for overated albums. Owt by the Beatles (I didn't say it was bad, just overated).
It's not only what we are willing to get credit for, but it's also what we get to see... The bad stuff gets so much promotion, that we don't even get a chance to see other stuff anymore... Which is a sad thing...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Meanwhile, Star Trek just has become 'The best soundtrack ever'...

How 'bout that?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Meanwhile, Star Trek just has become 'The best soundtrack ever'...

How 'bout that?
it was STAR WARS !!! :evil:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

christophe wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Meanwhile, Star Trek just has become 'The best soundtrack ever'...

How 'bout that?
it was STAR WARS !!! :evil:
:lol:

I always mix those two up

Just for the sake of it :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Don't get me wrong... I mean, I can't say I'm a fan of that sort of music generally, but there are plenty of worthy artists, I'm sure. I have a lot of time for the older stuff, Public Enemy etc were truly revolutionary.... just the conveyor belt top 40 crap I can't stand.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anything by The Beatles. Can't say they were bad, far from it, just very overrated.