James Ray

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

see Libby's post above Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Aye, good show lads. Got some dodgy video footage of the Mock Eldritch, will get them hosted soon.

Any chance of an audition? :wink:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

From way up on Planet Dave, it was duly noted that...

The Smurphs were fooking awesome. :notworthy: Boy, do The Sisters need a Mya in their poxy little band. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Stonking gig Paddy and co. 8) Absolutely rocking. :notworthy:

Rhombus were....goth, but goth. Sorry boys, waaaaaay too goth for me.

James Ray....done him, and yes, he's the new Doctor Who ( :notworthy: @ Scotty). The BBC will be on the phone as we speak.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

God knows what the Dr Who theme tune will end up like then.... :twisted:

Bring it on....
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
pikkrong
Overbomber

snowey wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:i believe i made my opinion known...
The words "This is s**t" can clearly be heard on the CD. :lol: (or was that your better half?) :D
Why it seemed to me you shouted: "W***"? Or was it your lady?
pikkrong
Overbomber

My own opinion. I liked all the bands.
Have to say I couldn't enjoy all Smurphs covers (for example Temple Of Love) but I liked some others (This Corrosion) and the sound. The different kind of sound.
Danke! :notworthy:
pikkrong
Overbomber

And an embarrassing question: who was the nice chap who sold and handed out the James Ray and JR related CDs? He seemed to know who I am... Anyway my thanks again :notworthy:
The embarrassing confession number 2: when that guy had asked me if I wanted the CD signed by JR, he asked also if I wished to talk to JR but due to my being tired and a slight case of hangover (what happens when you have decided to drink water and smoke light cigarettes) I wasn't able to say anything more than "Thank you" to JR :oops: Saying it I was thinking about his autograph but also about JR vinyls I had bought from Camden a week before (shame that I had no 'Texas' 12 " promo with me - I could get his sign on it bit it was at Dave's mansion this time) and all what he had done since The Sisterhood. But I probably looked like a complete idiot.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I've got you beaten there, pikkrong, 'cos there's a picture of me and Mr. Ray arm in arm, and I cannot even remember WHAT I said to him. :roll:

Where is he, anyway? I was hoping he'd weigh in, a la mockeldritch, to bash a few skulls?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If I was able to go, I would have bought a Dust Boat and got him to sign it.

Would have made it the best night out imaginable.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

timsinister wrote:I've got you beaten there, pikkrong, 'cos there's a picture of me and Mr. Ray arm in arm, and I cannot even remember WHAT I said to him. :roll:

Where is he, anyway? I was hoping he'd weigh in, a la mockeldritch, to bash a few skulls?
did you get the other pictures yet tim, some very special records etc :wink:
Goths have feelings too
aims
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:I've got you beaten there, pikkrong, 'cos there's a picture of me and Mr. Ray arm in arm, and I cannot even remember WHAT I said to him. :roll:

Richey must have scared him off :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

snowey wrote:
It can't be a logistical impossibility to get to Leeds from Lincoln if Debaser can do it, all right she has a car but there are loads of us on here who travelled by train / bus etc etc to watch bands when we were his age, I know I used to. You can get the Train to Leeds by changing at Doncaster.
Will have to disagree with you there Snowey...it IS a logistical nightmare to get ANYWHERE from Lincoln, where you change at Donny or not. You certainly can't get back to Lincoln the same evening unless you leave at 8 ish

If it hadn't been my birthday and the fact I was in Liverpool the previous night - I would've brought Dark for the Saturday - but Sunday was never an option.

Must say I'm really enjoying reading this thread...seems it's ok to diss one band but not another.

Nothing personal meant to either of the bands concerned, just a general observation....

(not found owt against Rhombus yet :D :D :D )
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

well Dave The Rave thought we were too goth... :P
The Scene won't save you...
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Im just furious that Snowey says i look nothing like That Guitarist....... thats it.... were finnished!

Just because i left my poncho at home you git!!!

;)
Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Debaser
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:well Dave The Rave thought we were too goth... :P
You take the words of a man with Rammstein coloured in on his bri-nylon top, seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:You take the words of a man with Rammstein coloured in on his bri-nylon top, seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:notworthy: :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:
Scardwel wrote:well Dave The Rave thought we were too goth... :P
You take the words of a man with Rammstein coloured in on his bri-nylon top, seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheeky bitch, that cost good money in Berlin last year :lol: . More amusing was the fact that my mate Matt, wearing the same top on Sunday (I knew he would), got collared for various alleged misdemeanours of mine from Saturday. Smoke and mirrors....

And yep, Si, at least I had the good grace to be honest, as Mr Ray found out, no doubt much to his amusement, later on.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Debaser
Overbomber

Where's that 'batting eyelids' emoticon when you need it ;)
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:And yep, Si, at least I had the good grace to be honest, as Mr Ray found out, no doubt much to his amusement, later on.
No problem Dave. And it was good to see you (and everyone else). It's fair to say the weekend was more about the people present than the bands... :D
James Blast
Banned

will this do Ness? :roll:
I see eyes and.... I'll get me coat
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I enjoyed all the bands on Sunday. I've only recently started to listen to James Ray, and I like what I've been hearing. Once I got into it, I really liked his set (even though I was one of the chatterers at the start) and was very happy to hear Edie get an airing. He seemed happy enough to say hello afterwards, although I fear I was a tad brown-nosed when talking to him. :oops: but I genuinely enjoyed it. Rhombus did a good cover of 15 Years and I liked their song If You Haven't Been Shot... (Am I right in thinking the 1st line is "small man big cock" ?:lol: The Smurphs were v.good sounding but lookalikes they ain't. As Sid (or was it Paddy - lost track of this thread) said, the point is to have fun. And I did, so long as I kept my eyes shut. :innocent: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

1996 was the last time Gangwar played live, 1988 was the last time The Performance played live. 10 years following each event people seemed to 'get it'. So perhaps when you sleep on it (or let it put you to sleep), for 10 years, it may make sense. It was a pleasure meeting some of you.
A.M.O. will be presenting events in the near future to benefit the survivors of the Mexican floods and to help re-arm the nation. These events will not be featuring any pop music so it may have limited appeal to this forum, but if you open your pockets for us we could open your eyes for you. Trust your enemies and beware your friends. Love & Peace, Adios . . . .
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

bravo mr ray. almost as pretentious as your "music"
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Padstar wrote:Im just furious that Snowey says i look nothing like That Guitarist....... thats it.... were finnished!

;)
Paddy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
canon docre
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
Padstar wrote:Im just furious that Snowey says i look nothing like That Guitarist....... thats it.... were finnished!

;)
Paddy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... or the "I'm a good f**ker" T-Shirt. :innocent:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.