Good riddance to 2002?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Me Hearties..!

With 15 days to go before the end of the year...a simple question:

2002: Good year/Bad year..?

In general, and - indeed - in particular, I'd have to say this year hasn't been A Classic...in sooooooooo many ways... :roll:

Not helped, of course, by the fact that the wait for Sisters Product continues, but that ain't exactly the main downer in The Grand Scheme Of Things... :urff: :?

Over to you... :| :roll:
Amused to death...
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Fairly bad, so far...
I'm giving it to the bitter end to redeem itself, though.
:eek: <-- this is a great smiley.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

I can't agree more; a bad year in oh so many ways. Outragous misfortune abounds! Confusion and seeping melancholy too.

I've been waiting for the year to end for quite a while. :? :arrow: :roll:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

2002 started off about as crap as it could get, but then it has gradually gotten better, and at the moment it looks as if its heading for a rather nice end... :von: :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Two weeks out of 52 isn't good doing! :)

It's been a funny year, though; lacking in enthusiasm, certainly.
You could say
"the flow" stagnated for a while. Little things like insomnia have meant that retaining my sense of humor in the face of nastier stuff has been very difficult.

I look forward to the new year, which will be very different for me; some interesting things are apperaing on the horizon.

Yours ever.
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Crappy year, I'm seriously considering making my trip out to Europe in April a one-way jobby. Any bar jobs going in Berlin?
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Lars Svensson

@ Mr Eddy:

Seeping Melancholia and Insomnia appear to be the themes of my year too...

Ho hum...

Sadly, nowt interesting on the horizon either

*sob* :cry: :cry:

Oh well...As the song goes, Things Can Only Get Better...
Amused to death...
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

I'm with MrEddy on this one, 2002 has been a crap year, some nasty business at the beginning of the year, bad exams, which i just fluked, lack of sleep, stimulation and generally breaks from the repetitive norm....roll on 2003.
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
hallucienate
Overbomber

mine hasn't been bad, in that there hasn't been too much to complain about. Should have a great ending, it being summer and all :)
Debaser
Overbomber

LOL Mines not been to bad really.

I continue to make great friends which is something you don't really expect to do once you hit mid-life (JJJEEEEEEEZZZ did I admit to that??)

Yakky stuff does still happen and money is becoming one of those nasty little niggles along with the realisation that my 'head in the sand' approach to any of my problems has never and will never actually solve anything.

But to me 2002 is memorable because of the new friends I have come to know, love and get blathered with.

Those friends have been found because of Forums like this

I dedicate my praises and thanks to Wishville and Heartland.

:notworthy: I can't find a kisses emoticon...

Ness
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I loved 2002.
I got to live together with me girlfriend, two weeks later I was robbed in my new house. The Sisters have a new CD out, AND a DVD. They are frequenting Belgium at least once a month.
Oh yeah, and instead of getting older, I get younger every year.

IZZY.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
pikkrong
Overbomber

i saw Sisters alive first time in my life in 2002 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

and found nice place like this in 2002 :wink:
and got my own computer - that's why i'm such an idiot in this field yet.
but also other things happened in 2002... :evil:
don't want to talk about them.
do i drive
or am i driven
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

In general, a s**t year. I've been out of work (well, out of full-time employment anyway) now for nearly a year; I was "made redundant" in February! Not to mention that right now, I'm physically sicker than I have been in years - great timing too, right around the holidays, eh? Leave it to me! Despite having gone for career coaching (and therapy) for quite awhile, I *still* haven't come up with a desirable career path for myself, nor worked out my innumerable personal problems... :x :evil: :roll:

Speaking to Debs' comments, though, through Heartland I've "met" some of the most wonderful people I've ever known! :D :P :notworthy:

Hmm... I guess I'll say that 2002 has been a bittersweet sort of year, then; I'm really hoping that 2003 with turn out to be just a *tad* more fruitful... :roll:

Oh yeah, and I'm really getting old, too... :cry: :evil: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

generally 2002 was pretty s**t/boring, spent a year of getting drunk and sleeping with people i didn't want to remember in the mornng, ho hum, got slightly better not so long ago, having finally met someone i want to remember all day long *sigh*

so, hopes for 2003, more work (which is finally picking up again, yah!) and possibly relocation to someplace even colder than the uk *shivers*, it's like canada but has no moose(sesesesessss), apparently ;)
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

A bit up and down for me. 2002 was generally dull with spasmodic highlights...being gigs and meeting Wishvillers...dullness being my personal life :(

Leeds Festival was a pretty good - apathy is my new hobby ;D
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Hate to add to the downers, but 2002 was not exactly fun and games for me either. Nothing too bad, just not a *good* year, if you know what I mean.
Debaser
Overbomber

Ginger wrote: Leeds Festival was a pretty good - apathy is my new hobby ;D
It's got far enough away in time for me to think....'hmmmnnn, you know it was such fun I'd go again next year,(if the line up was right and the company was the same..)

Even the downpour gives me fond memories now!

Debaser
rian
Slight Overbomber

Not to bad for me, except for money. But overall ok. :)
I think someone set my soul alight
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

well after the total abject misery that was 2001 (those who know, know, those who don't, don't need to) 2002 has been hunky-dory...

nicely-settled in a brand-new city :D
job that's threatening to become a career :eek:
met some cracking new peeps :D (shame some are no longer able to read this :( )
and still only 21 :lol:

see ya next year kids!
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
karin

How do those message icons work ?

It's been a fairly mediocre year in terms of no great highs and no real lows. Looking forward to 2003. Taking me old Ma to Stockholm at the end of January to see her family. I dare say it will be all up hill from there. :D :innocent:
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

already stated that i didn't enjoy 2002, but like ginger i enjoyed leeds festival, Spiritualized were amazing, especially straight after The Prodigy, and I spent a good weekend meeting new people, although were they are now???
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
redfish666
Amphetamine Filth

Well, looks like this year was crap for most people...

...for me as well, unfortunately, my fellow Heartlanders...

...the only highlight: I was accepted for better job in the same company, starting next year.

The future looks bright...
Debaser
Overbomber

After stating that my year had been ok...I'm rapidly changing my mind. All self-inflicted so no-one to blame but myself....still a lot of good friends are still there for me...so I'm still looking at the half full glass

Debaser
F--kwit
Road Kill

2002. Yeah, where exactly did it go..?

The highest of highs and some pretty scary lows. But as Pete Wylie once memorably said, if a rollercoaster didn't have its ups and downs, it's be... a train. This year has most certainly not been a train for me.

Made some of the best friends I've had in ages, and only two enemies. Both called Tony. My resolution for 2003 is to avoid all people of this name because they only bring me trouble. As one is my boss I feel that I may have to go to extreme lengths to fulfil this resolution. Possibly involving several thousand volts.

Been to 60 gigs in 4 countries on 2 continents. Drank several hundred colourful alcopops. Smoked several thousand Embassy Number 1s. Been really quite unwell, largely due to all of the above. Dealt with some seriously peculiar stuff emotionally. Lost 2 stone which is good though.

Next year: more gigs, less cigs! Possibly....... :roll: [/i]
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Let's just say, the best thing about 2002 is that it's finally ending. I hate to be one more to add to the downers as well, but i make mine thei're words, indeed a terrible year in all areas of life. But i'm older and wiser, so i guess it had it's upsides (if you can call older an upside and not a oh-my-god-i'm-finally-older-than-i-ever-dreamt-of-being-and-i-haven't-done-anything-that-i-wanted-to-do-with-and-in-my-life-and-i'm-really-running-out-of-time-for-doing-them-and-i'm-getting-a-midlife-crisis-20-years-too-soon thing). But i'm happy, really.