christian death - the heretics alive?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Is that on the poster that came with Atrocites?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

lord i dunno.. haven't seen it for ages.. i just remember being very taken with said bottom.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I once saw them (by accident) when they supported Red Lorry Yellow Lorry on tour in the late 80's.

Didn't the lead singer from Christian Death famously assault the Lorries tour manager on that tour?
Give me one good reason
streamline
Slight Overbomber

*staying very quiet about my picture-disc of Sex And Drugs And Jesus Christ*
Aha! The only picture disk I own that my mum found offensive!!
I was SO proud!! :lol:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

My mum wasn't too keen either now you mention it :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
*found an old video with church of no return promo. now that is funny*
ouch :urff: :lol:

its bordering on "preacherman" standards for cheesyness isnt it? but with about a sixteenth the budget of the neph's vid :lol:
http://www.aliveandshouting.fsnet.co.uk ... akeone.htm :wink:

this is the fella, including neph and dax :oops: . bought it for cardiacs honest :innocent:
Er, I've got this too :oops: :lol:
Chucking another log on
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yep, i used to have that too ;D :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

I don't think I've ever heard CD
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Spiggy's hat wrote:Didn't the lead singer from Christian Death famously assault the Lorries tour manager on that tour?
i don't know..but gitane pinched my arse once in kensington market! :eek: :oops: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Most of my Christian Death stuff is on vinyl; another project for copying to CD... eventually. :roll:
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

same here, but i've managed to track down quite a bit of stuff on mp3 through soulseek recently 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I really need to get me one of them soulseek things then don't I? :|
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aye :lol:

me = "Quiffy"
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Only have the first 4 lps on that french label, nice editions, haven t heard them for ages now that i think about it
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:My mum wasn't too keen either now you mention it :lol:
neither were a load of other people. it's actually quite rare to find that verison of the promotional material, most just had the border and a blank section in the middle

the picture disk of catastrophe ballet is nice though. very babarella :oops: :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Quiff Boy wrote:
aye, sam donut's old band "redemption" supported them at the international (II i think?), manchester in about 91 8)
Was it really that long ago! Ha! It was about the same time we supported Rosetta Stone and did half a tour with *cough* Nosferatu *shudder*.

Ah the future looked so bright!

14 years down the line and last night we (a different band) were playing to half a dozen people in The Thirsty Scholar :lol:
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
radiojamaica
Overbomber

now that we're talking about videos...
I recently discovered on old video with an eighties music documentary on it. I must have taped it years ago, but completely forgot about it. I've never seen it. Yesterday I finally did and was it worth it! It's just a compilation of bands, each doing one song live. Viewing quality is as good as it gets, nothing like the old Sisters tapes where you can't see s**t. It begins with Joy Division doing Transmission, then an Echo &The Bunnymen classic, The Gun Club (with 'Trishia Morrison :eek: :notworthy: ... think that's gonna get loads of rewinds :innocent: ), Theater of tragedy, Red Hot Chili Peppers (with Hillel Slovak), The Birthday Party ( :eek: :notworthy: these guys were heavy!!!) & ends with Pixies. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sadly I can't transfer it to dvd, so weeding the thing isn't an option (for now).

About Christian Death... Rozz williams and Eva O were in another band called Shadow Project. Seen them live in 93, very very loud, too damn loud & Rozz refusing to play Romeo's Distress :roll: Anyway, there is a dvd out on MVD and it contains live action, caught in various places. Quality ranges from pretty good to pretty bad , but after seeing some parts of it, I actually accuse Mr Williams not to have any humour at all! Needless to say I couldn't resist and I had a great time watching it ;D
in dub we trust
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I don't think I've ever heard CD
Me neither.
scotty
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:I once saw them (by accident) when they supported Red Lorry Yellow Lorry on tour in the late 80's.

Didn't the lead singer from Christian Death famously assault the Lorries tour manager on that tour?
I saw them on that tour when they plated in Edinburgh, I thought it was a "Double Headline" thing, the Lorries were great, obviously, not sure about Christian Death tho' :urff: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote:I once saw them (by accident) when they supported Red Lorry Yellow Lorry on tour in the late 80's.

I saw them on that tour when they plated in Edinburgh, I thought it was a "Double Headline" thing, the Lorries were great, obviously, not sure about Christian Death tho' :urff: .
Um...refresh my memory Keith...can you remember where they played?...i seem to remember a pub close to the Tap by the Art School...or is that a different memory?
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:

Um...refresh my memory Keith...can you remember where they played?...i seem to remember a pub close to the Tap by the Art School...or is that a different memory?
The Venue, I'll go and have a look for the ticket for the date, but late 88 or early 89 I think,,the Tasp's shut now {has been for a while now} :(
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:
scotty wrote: I saw them on that tour when they plated in Edinburgh, I thought it was a "Double Headline" thing, the Lorries were great, obviously, not sure about Christian Death tho' :urff: .
The Venue, I'll go and have a look for the ticket for the date, but late 88 or early 89 I think,,the Tasp's shut now {has been for a while now} :(

yeah i knew the Tap was closed...i'm trying to think of the pub that Christian Death played in (it wasn't the Tap...just very close)...i remember that they played in the late 80's but i didn't go...and that they played again in the 90's...i also didn't go to that but me ex-other half did with her goff friends...
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:
Burn wrote: Um...refresh my memory Keith...can you remember where they played?...i seem to remember a pub close to the Tap by the Art School...or is that a different memory?

yeah i knew the Tap was closed...i'm trying to think of the pub that Christian Death played in (it wasn't the Tap...just very close)...i remember that they played in the late 80's but i didn't go...and that they played again in the 90's...i also didn't go to that but me ex-other half did with her goff friends...
Nope, you've got me beat, can't think of a pub there where bands played?, the only other places I've seen bands "up the toon" I can thinf of are, The Tron, Student Unions - Wilkie, Moray Hoose! + a couple of others I can't think the names of{it's the red wine :roll: }
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:
scotty wrote: The Venue, I'll go and have a look for the ticket for the date, but late 88 or early 89 I think,,the Tasp's shut now {has been for a while now} :(

Nope, you've got me beat, can't think of a pub there where bands played?, the only other places I've seen bands "up the toon" I can thinf of are, The Tron, Student Unions - Wilkie, Moray Hoose! + a couple of others I can't think the names of{it's the red wine :roll: }
it's not a pub we'd generally walk into unless you have a liking for local blues bands...really close to the titty bars and where the old Co-Op store used to be...

i know...to much information regarding the titty bars...sorry :oops: :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
i know...to much information regarding the titty bars...sorry :oops: :lol:
Ah, "The Pubic Triangle" :innocent: , I saw The Meteors in the Cas'/Kaz :urff: Rock, I take it your not talking about "The Burke & Hare" :innocent: