Brian Eno - music for films

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Someone mentioned Music for Airports by Brian Eno the other day.

My question is, how's Music for Films? Anyone heard it? Is it as super-ambient as Airports? Vol. 1, 2 or 3? Are they any good, and if so, which one is the better?
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

Music for Films is as great as the rest although if you want to vear slightly away from the ambient eno then try 'before and after science' - it pisses all over Bowie's heroes. A work of great wonder.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

not to mention the divine "here come the warm jets" and "taking tiger mountain (by strategy)" albums 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:taking tiger mountain (by strategy)
I'll burn my fingers
Burn my toes
Burn my uncle
Burn his books
Burn his shoes
Cook the leather
Does it fit me?
Or you?
It looks tight on you

Brilliant song. As is Bowiehouse's version. :lol:
Last edited by Dark on 27 Oct 2005, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thank you all. I'll look into it right away, because I'm pretty damned wealthy at the moment. Time to consume then.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Bowiehouse :lol: :notworthy:

surely pete murphy was the real "thin white puke"? he "did a bowie" long before, and much better than, our uncle andy :lol:

:von:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 27 Oct 2005, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, I felt that name was relevant, Third Uncle being the b-side to Ziggy Stardust and all. ;)
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:not to mention the divine "here come the warm jets" and "taking tiger mountain (by strategy)" albums 8)
that would be oblique strategies mr Quiff - and a wonderfull set of stratergies they were.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

a.r.kane wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:not to mention the divine "here come the warm jets" and "taking tiger mountain (by strategy)" albums 8)
that would be oblique strategies mr Quiff - and a wonderfull set of stratergies they were.
I still have 'Oblique' lying around here...

It is a little piece of software that gives you Eno's "advice" whenever you are in a musical impasse ;D

It's also a mere couple of bytes large, so if anyone wants it...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...