Deep sigh

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

After much deliberation....I've handed in my notice at school (well declared my intention to do so to the Head). I've not thought about what I'm going to do after Christmas because I'm on a bit of a sticky wicket as I was supposed to have done it on by the 31st Oct. There IS a legal loophole I can call on BUT it means that it's highly unlikely I can apply for any other jobs in the LEA (For the Spring term anyway) as I will have been deemed to have broken my contract.

Am awaiting news from my Union.

I'm smoking more than I EVER have done in my life, I've almost chewed away my nails (after giving that up 7 years ago) and have picked and picked at the soles of my feet until they are raw, bleeding and I can't put any weight on the heel of my left foot. I literally shake as I enter the building. If I stay until the end of the school year, I KNOW that will be the end of my teaching days - I hate is sooooo much.

If I get out now I think I'll be able to salvage a bit of what I think I used to be good at.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Good luck Debaser! It sounds like you think you are doing the right thing for yourself though
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Save whatever you can, indeed :wink:

The best of luck, and do whatever seems the right thing to do.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

awww honey.. just.. *everything*...
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Debaser wrote: I'm smoking more than I EVER have done in my life, I've almost chewed away my nails (after giving that up 7 years ago) and have picked and picked at the soles of my feet until they are raw, bleeding and I can't put any weight on the heel of my left foot. I literally shake as I enter the building. If I stay until the end of the school year, I KNOW that will be the end of my teaching days - I hate is sooooo much.

If I get out now I think I'll be able to salvage a bit of what I think I used to be good at.
Dear teacher :notworthy:

The above mentioned things you are doing to yourself are stress related but look after yourself! HL is here for you and take deep breathes and try to stop picking, I get the itchy thing and scratch until I bleed...save your body and do the mind clicky-thingy.

Above all else lots of luck and good vibes!
An ace lady like yourself can do it and support is here.

MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Just to add by good luck thoughts!

I'm sure everything will be fine - especially if you hate it that much.

And for the only good reason I can think of, I have a chance to say Cheer Up it's nearly Xmas!
F--kwit
Road Kill

f**king hell Debaser!! I have no idea why I even came on here tonight, I'm not a regular visitor (I'm just a bit bored right now) and now I don't know what to say... only that last time I saw you your common sense was definitely still intact and I have no doubt that you are doing the right thing.

I can sympathise to an extent as my own job has brought me almost to the point of collapse this year, and if I could get out I would - but there's not a lot going in my line of work these days and I'm just that little bit too scared to plunge into the unknown. Brought up by two teachers I know what makes a good one and that you definitely are, so hopefully it won't be too long before you can make a new start somewhere that's a bit more worthy of your talents and effort.

Maybe I should have sent this in a PM, I dunno... Seems I'm missing a lot these days... spotted you over at custard central earlier though, send us a PM there or something...

Look after yourself. Long term this must be the ebst thing to do. Nothing is worth tearing yourself apart over.

All the best

C&Nx

PS N will be joining you at Pure York, I'm otherwise occupied...
You ain't seen me, right?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Must be the Dave - Emily - Lee - Johnny effect. :wink:

Brave girl. If you're not happy you're not happy. And it's not worth destroying yourself over it. It isn't, trust me. Talk to me fair lady. :kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

sorry to hear things are shit at the minute Ness, but i know for a fact you are doing the right thing. it's soul destroying when you hate your work situation so much that you dread going in everyday. especially when you feel commitment to your profession i suppose (being a work-shy git i've not had that but i've been in the same situation depending on the wage to pay the motgage.) but teaching is/should be a vocation and as you're obviously one of the good guys it would be a shame to continue working where you are now to the point of depriving the country of much needed good teachers.so it's all for the best mate,stop fretting. :kiss:

good luck and hugs.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

The forum of things falling apart :oops:

I'm in the same boat Ness :oops: pt.2
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

best wishes Ness, brave move but by the sounds of it, the correct one. :?

i'm working my notice now and it feels very strange after 15 years in the same place. to be honest sometimes i s**t myself about the next move, but it'll be cool, you'll be cool, we all love you :notworthy: :notworthy:

X.
Goths have feelings too
aims
Overbomber

Good luck Ness, hope something better comes your way soon. Hang in there 8)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:If I get out now I think I'll be able to salvage a bit of what I think I used to be good at.
If it's that bad, stuff the contract and get out when you can. No job is worth that amount of grief. Stating the bleedin' obvious I know but all I can think of to say really.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Andrew S wrote:
Debaser wrote:If I get out now I think I'll be able to salvage a bit of what I think I used to be good at.
If it's that bad, stuff the contract and get out when you can. No job is worth that amount of grief. Stating the bleedin' obvious I know but all I can think of to say really.
I agree.

Get out ASAP. Not worth it. You live once (I guess). You will feel relieved. Believe me!

Good luck!
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Why do they do it?

The schools I mean; why do they drive the good teachers barmy? They seem to do it on purpose.

(Kerry was the same before she left her old school. The place she's at now is starting to get to her too.)

Go on the sick. Any doctor in the country would sign you off with stress.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

Awwwwwwww you guys the monitor is positvely red hot with lovin' vibes... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

TODAY.....

After long long discussions with various people (including Union rep) I need to do a spot of damage limitation in that, if I go at Christmas it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE for me to get another job in the LEA and possibly surrounding LEA's. So, what I'm going to do, is to write to the Chair of Govenors stating that it was intention to leave at Christmas due to whatever reason I was going to put....but add that I realise what a predicament it would leave the school in and that I am willing to stay on until the Easter break in order that they can find a suitable replacement....

or something along those lines....I've also got to put a few other bits and bobs in that will cover my back if it becomes totally impossible to stay due to pressure from Governors and the LEA, which may necessitate me leaving before Easter

Yesterday, emotions took over and bravado....today the cold light of day, and a quick peruse of the bank statement meant that I really had to listen to what was being offered.

I predict a rocky ride and I think I'll have to wear mittens all night to stop the gouging and gnawing. Gaz is removing all sharp mplements from around the house as we speak.... :lol:

My undying gratitude and love

Ness
xxxxxx
Debaser
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:

My undying gratitude

Ness
xxxxxx
Hey Johnny...that double undying whatsits for you now.....I may live to regret such a rash statement :lol:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Debaser wrote:
Debaser wrote:

My undying gratitude

Ness
xxxxxx
Hey Johnny...that double undying whatsits for you now.....I may live to regret such a rash statement :lol:
As long as that thought doesn't bring you out in a rash you'll be fine. :wink:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cripes Ness, do what you feel is right sweetheart. Is this a HL phenomenon or what?

I hope everything goes well for you, no doubt in another job.

Why do the people doing 'worthwhile' jobs get shat on the most? :urff: Sh1t fcking country / world. I wonder of Greek sponge-fishermen are stressed with their work?

Take care Ness.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: I wonder of Greek sponge-fishermen are stressed with their work?
naah,they're to absorbed in what they're doing... :innocent:

(one for yor dad!) :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

@Ness: Wise choice to try and stay there until the proper end of the schoolyear. :notworthy:
I've been in a similar situation once and I know how hard it is to stay until the bitter end, but it's worth it - for legal reasons and for your own sake. Finishing the school year makes your leave a "clean" cut. Rather have a long holiday afterwards to recover than backing out at the wrong moment. And try to withdraw as much of your own energy from this job as possible while your presence is still required. Meditation, or whatever else helps you to cool down and gain some "inner" independence. The clean cut might cost you more now, but you'll feel much stronger later.

I wish you strength and nerves like steel. And cold-blooded patience.
You can't fix stupid.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Debaser wrote:If I stay until the end of the school year, I KNOW that will be the end of my teaching days - I hate is sooooo much...

If I get out now I think I'll be able to salvage a bit of what I think I used to be good at...

TODAY.....

After long long discussions with various people (including Union rep) I need to do a spot of damage limitation in that, if I go at Christmas it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE for me to get another job in the LEA and possibly surrounding LEA's. So, what I'm going to do, is to write to the Chair of Govenors stating that it was intention to leave at Christmas due to whatever reason I was going to put....but add that I realise what a predicament it would leave the school in and that I am willing to stay on until the Easter break in order that they can find a suitable replacement....
On a practical level that would also mean you can start applying for posts from Easter from a position of actually 'working' in a school. I use the term loosely as there's nothing more de-skilling than banging your head against the proverbial brick wall. All too easy for teachers to forget how valuable they are and how effective they can be.

Beyond that getting a new post in a sideways direction can be easier said than done, primary schools aren't, as you know, much given to encouraging fluidity for their staff. It may take some time... But, if something is wrong then it's just wrong. Life really is too short! :wink:

In the interim there'd always be supply. Despite it's haphazard nature, the one common factor amongst supply teachers is an absence of stress or the telltale signs of someone whose spirit is being ground away continually. And if the riot management you might be sent to cover doesn't look appealing for a return visit you don't have to go!

Take care, remember Saturday is a good day for drinking... :D

Michael
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

"there's nothing more de-skilling than banging your head against the proverbial brick wall"

Gawd, I know that one, well said Mr!
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

You have my best wishes, Debaser. :kiss: