A weekend in Oslo

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am paying a visit for a weekend [Fri/Sat/ Sun] in a few weeks, packing my warm clothes and hat.

I know Delilah [oslo] and Boudica [bergen] have visited this year, can anyone advise the best area to stay / distance from airport / places to visit.

Any help is appreciated.
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Do indeed remember your warm clothes :wink: Best place? Hmm, its all expensive. The few hotels i know of in Oslo are atleast.

You got any plans here? Otherwise you`ll get bored, hehe. I can try and ask arround if anyone knows a cheap and good place to stay, never had to be in a hotel, since i live nearby.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

What I can tip you about for now is this link : http://no.hoteldiscount.com/index.jsp?p ... &locale=no

For some reason you get more hits if you do it in norwegian. but the info and such seems to be in english. Innsjekking = check in. Utsjekking = check out, incase you needed to know :wink: Voksne = adults. Barn = kids

oh, I see now its not the same link, when you click it. Just type in Oslo in the top bar and your fine ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You are so lucky!!! I'm Scandi-fanatic and Oslo is just absolutely beautiful (gonna go there soon again, in the winter). There is so much to do, night life is good Ireally expensive though), there are lots of rock bars. You should also take a boat trip on Fjords and visit the Viking museum (althoughit may not be that interesting if you are not into vikings ;-), that park with sculptures... And maybe you should try to catch Turbonegro if theyare playing there that weekend :D That I would definitely reccommend! Accomodation is expensive, but I know my friends were staying in a youth hostel 10 mins from the city centre and it was reasonably priced. HAve fun!!!
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Top of my list of destinations for when I start to travel. Enjoy!
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Delilah wrote:You are so lucky!!! I'm Scandi-fanatic and Oslo is just absolutely beautiful (gonna go there soon again, in the winter). There is so much to do, night life is good Ireally expensive though), there are lots of rock bars. You should also take a boat trip on Fjords and visit the Viking museum (althoughit may not be that interesting if you are not into vikings ;-), that park with sculptures... And maybe you should try to catch Turbonegro if theyare playing there that weekend :D That I would definitely reccommend! Accomodation is expensive, but I know my friends were staying in a youth hostel 10 mins from the city centre and it was reasonably priced. HAve fun!!!
The park is Vigelands parken.

Hey, you need to tell me the good pubs, lol. I dont go out much, but its kinda hard to find the good ones, without knowing where they are. Sadly they closed my fav, "So What". Good music and concerts.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic