Crystal Meth', the "New" drugs threat?.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Just seen on the News that "Crystal Meth" is the new drugs threat about to sweep the UK :urff: . Excuse me, but hasn't this been around for years, if I remember right :innocent: , it's was pretty strong, pure meth', but I'm sure it was available in Midlothian years ago :urff: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

yep...twas available in small amounts back in the 80's...

i knew a couple of *ahem* dealers *cough* alledegly :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Yeah, it's been around for years but hasn't had a co-ordinated media hysteria campaign yet...
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't think its yet to make any serious inroads into the UK drug culture though, a bit like ketamine back in the 80s..

It was there, but pricey and hard to get..

whereas now, its everywhere and plastered all over the pages of the Sun (Knocked out horses and all)..

I haven't come across the stuff yet personally though I think its only a matter of time before it does make a more mainstream appearance after its moved away from the gay scene...
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Gottdammerung

if I remember right :innocent: , it's was pretty strong, pure meth',
It is that, but unusually pure compared to the normal crap that passes for speed in the UK... I think its to do with production process more than anything..

I've never had speed that keeps you awake three days after... (thank god!)
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
scotty
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:make a more mainstream appearance after its moved away from the gay scene...
:eek: Gay scene, what're you trying to say? :twisted: :innocent: !
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:I don't think its yet to make any serious inroads into the UK drug culture though, a bit like ketamine back in the 80s..

Ahh, I remember ketamine - or at least I remember a gang of us trying (and failing) to get some "coz we was cool" :cry: :roll:

Did anyone actually get any? Ever? Except the horses that it was meant for, obviously :wink:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Gottdammerung

scotty wrote:
Gottdammerung wrote:make a more mainstream appearance after its moved away from the gay scene...
lol... well they do tend to get their hands on these kind of things first...

and as for anyone getting any...

my whole life appears to be a surfeit of the stuff at times... :innocent:

Hunter S. Thompson
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

streamline wrote:
Gottdammerung wrote:I don't think its yet to make any serious inroads into the UK drug culture though, a bit like ketamine back in the 80s..

Ahh, I remember ketamine - or at least I remember a gang of us trying (and failing) to get some "coz we was cool" :cry: :roll:

Did anyone actually get any? Ever? Except the horses that it was meant for, obviously :wink:
Oh, dear, don't ask. A former boyfriend and I once ended up in an obscure club here in Zurich and somebody added some ketamine to our drinks. It wasn't pleasant. My boyfriend was in tears and I ended up as a lifeless body within seconds. Needless to say that nobody cared to tell us... :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
aims
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Goths and Gays both like leather, which has obviously confused the media.

I know it confused me :innocent:
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Ouch.

People who spike other people's drinks should be skinned and dipped in a bag of salt.

And then taken outside and shot.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Motz wrote:
scotty wrote:
Goths and Gays both like leather, which has obviously confused the media.

I know it confused me :innocent:
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

About new threats: Isn't the fluid XTC (PMA or something :?: ) more of a thread, or is it the same (as they do it in drinks too, like Eva 'got' hers) ?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I don't know about Crystal Meth - I'm still worried about Cake

;)
Eva

@Obviousman: Isn't the fluid you're talking about "GBH" or something the like, here they also used to call it "liquid extasy" (sp?)? Never had that (as far as I know :roll: :lol: )....

@streamline: correct. :evil:
You can't fix stupid.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Eva wrote:@Obviousman: Isn't the fluid you're talking about "GBH" or something the like, here they also used to call it "liquid extasy" (sp?)? Never had that (as far as I know :roll: :lol: )....
Could be, not very much into drugs really :lol:

But it seems you hear more about that liquid extacy than this other thing, that's why I thought to mention it, though I have to admit I don't know much about 'trends' :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neither do I, mind you... :oops: :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Sorry :oops:

Oh, and another thing which was in the news lately came to my mind, MDA or something like that? Allegedly looks like XTC but in strange colours or something, IIRC :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

lazarus corporation wrote:I don't know about Crystal Meth - I'm still worried about Cake

;)
On a vaguely related note... this choice cut from "I'm Alan Partridge", in which he's on a radio show with an ex-drug addict...

"My drug of choice was ketamine, which is in fact a horse tranquillizer."

"Sh!t...
Why give drugs to a horse? Why drag them into it?"

"They use ketamine to tranquillize the horse, and then extract the horse's semen."

"How do they do that ?"

"The same way that you would a human being."

"What? Send him into a cubicle with magazines? They've got hooves for goodness sake! It would take some doing but I can't see it."

:innocent: :lol: :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Delilah

Obviousman wrote:Sorry :oops:

Oh, and another thing which was in the news lately came to my mind, MDA or something like that? Allegedly looks like XTC but in strange colours or something, IIRC :?:
MDMA- liked it a lot! Got a pure one ( half in fact) from one Viking before a gig and it was VERY nice! BTW, managed to win a karaoke on Monday being realy E'ed!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

GBH = Image

GHB = Drugs! :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva

Yup, James, that's what I meant. Was legal ("grey zone") here for a while ages ago until they found out what it actually is...
You can't fix stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aye, GHB (Gamma-hydroxy butyrate) is the drug, but it's commonly known "on the streets" as GBH because of its effects.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ocean Moves

forget Gamma-hydroxy butyrate...check out the
graph of alcohol consumption here.
might want to worry about that first...!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4443086.stm
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote: Oh, dear, don't ask. A former boyfriend and I once ended up in an obscure club here in Zurich and somebody added some ketamine to our drinks. It wasn't pleasant. My boyfriend was in tears and I ended up as a lifeless body within seconds. Needless to say that nobody cared to tell us... :roll:
Bloody hell! Reminds me of when a friend of mine was given some dope cakes by an idiot boyfriend who didn't bother to tell her what was in them. He apparently assumed she would realise, but he didn't even seem bothered in the slightest when she almost gave one to her 10 year old daughter!!! Thankfully she remembered her daughter's aversion to sultanas (sensible child :) ) so she didn't offer her one. As it was, my friend ended up tripping like mad with no idea why.
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote:On a vaguely related note... this choice cut from "I'm Alan Partridge", in which he's on a radio show with an ex-drug addict...
:lol: Thanks for that... I'd almost forgotten.

For any Partridge fans out there, here's the transcript of the episode from the original radio series where Alan accidentally takes drugs.