bootlegging with mini-disc players

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

FOH = "Front Of House"?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Yup.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Eva wrote:But what the heck is "FOH"?
Front of house?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Eva wrote:Even the perfect recording isn't worth missing the front row experience imho.... :innocent: :oops: 8)
i'ld have to agree 100% ...it's a rare enough treat as it is.
there was a german guy stood next to me at NMA last month with a minidsc. i chatted to him a bit before and as they came on i was politely asked to not speak during the gig or bang into him. i just nodded politely: WE WERE THREE ROWS FROM THE FUCKIN' STAGE!!! :eek: :eek: :roll: ....i didn't see him again. :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

@ BrideofFrankenstein: So Front of House is frontrow? Sorry I'm slowly and thick sometimes... :roll:

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i'ld have to agree 100% ...it's a rare enough treat as it is.
there was a german guy stood next to me at NMA last month with a minidsc. i chatted to him a bit before and as they came on i was politely asked to not speak during the gig or bang into him. i just nodded politely: WE WERE THREE ROWS FROM THE FUCKIN' STAGE!!! :eek: :eek: :roll: ....i didn't see him again. :lol:
There's nothing like the frontrow! :D :notworthy:

If I'm recording it's either in the frontrow, where I can behave like the proper barrier monkey I am and hold onto the barrier for dear life, or it's at the back around where the mixing desk is (only if it isn't The Sisters playing), as no recording survives the moshpit, which starts directly behind the frontrow. As to chatting nicely to people asking them to be quiet - I've given up. They either forget, don't care or - as has happened to other people - decide to ruin your recording on purpose. Usually I'm with good friends and it's at least the three of us in the frontrow, so if I have a nutter directly behind me and having my shoulder between his/her ugly voice and my mic isn't enough, I swap places with one of said friends :notworthy: until the screeching, shouting, hissing, humming, whatever subsides. Or, and this is even better, the lovely ladies (you know who you are! :notworthy: ) are with us and any - especially female - nutter will be elbowed into ablivion and away from us within seconds. :twisted:
You can't fix stupid.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Eva wrote:As to chatting nicely to people asking them to be quiet - I've given up. They either forget, don't care or - as has happened to other people - decide to ruin your recording on purpose. Usually I'm with good friends and it's at least the three of us in the frontrow, so if I have a nutter directly behind me and having my shoulder between his/her ugly voice and my mic isn't enough, I swap places with one of said friends :notworthy:
Well, if I would have been aware you were recording in Lokeren I wouldn't have shouted along like my life depended on it :oops: Hope I did not ruin it and I'll remember it for the next time :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva

Obviousman wrote: Well, if I would have been aware you were recording in Lokeren I wouldn't have shouted along like my life depended on it :oops: Hope I did not ruin it and I'll remember it for the next time :wink:
Er.... I haven't considered you a nutter, but if you say so... :roll: :lol: No, honestly, people I know have never been the problem, It's those you don't know, those who shout "MOTHERFUCKER" during the whole gig (male, Leipzig 03) or "ANDIE, ANDIE...." (female, Vienna 05) that are a pain in the arse. People I know, like HLers and Dominion people - wether loud or quiet - are part of the party and part of the fun. :notworthy: :D
You can't fix stupid.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Alright, thanks :lol: Don't know if I'm entirely sane, really :lol:

I can't stand people shouting the same thing throughout an entire gig too, get a dictionary for f**k's sake!

And I excused myself right after the Lokeren gig when I saw you turning your MD off already anyway :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva

Obviousman wrote:Alright, thanks :lol: Don't know if I'm entirely sane, really :lol:
I'll leave that decision up to you... :innocent: :lol:
Obviousman wrote:I can't stand people shouting the same thing throughout an entire gig too, get a dictionary for f**k's sake!
Exactly... :urff:
Obviousman wrote:And I excused myself right after the Lokeren gig when I saw you turning your MD off already anyway :innocent:
As far as I can remember there was no reason for excuses.... (if you continue like that everybody will keep half a mile distance to me at the next gig and that's not the intention (unless they're between me and the frontrow, but that's not going to happen)... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Andie
Overbomber

Eva wrote:It's those you don't know, those who shout "MOTHERFUCKER" during the whole gig (male, Leipzig 03)
oh...he's a serious nutter...serious :wink:
Eva wrote:or "ANDIE, ANDIE...." (female, Vienna 05) that are a pain in the arse.

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Eva wrote:People I know, like HLers and Dominion people - wether loud or quiet - are part of the party and part of the fun. :notworthy: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

nice to see my name in big letters :wink:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Eva

Burn wrote:
Eva wrote:It's those you don't know, those who shout "MOTHERFUCKER" during the whole gig (male, Leipzig 03)
Eva wrote:or "ANDIE, ANDIE...." (female, Vienna 05) that are a pain in the arse.

Ok, you would have liked her.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Andie
Overbomber

Eva wrote:
Burn wrote:

Ok, you would have liked her.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
unsure if i should take that as a compliment :innocent: :kiss: :lol:
Eva

Burn wrote: unsure if i should take that as a compliment :innocent: :kiss: :lol:
:lol: Better think about it twice... :innocent: :wink: :kiss:
You can't fix stupid.
Andie
Overbomber

Eva wrote:
Burn wrote: unsure if i should take that as a compliment :innocent: :kiss: :lol:
:lol: Better think about it twice... :innocent: :wink: :kiss:

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

and to think i used to call you a friend :roll:

no shortbread for you! :wink:
Eva

But ANDIE, ANDIE, of course I am a friend! :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss:

It's shameful to see how far I go for the mere promise of shortbread :roll: :P :lol: :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
Andie
Overbomber

Eva wrote:But ANDIE, ANDIE, of course I am a friend! :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss:

It's shameful to see how far I go for the mere promise of shortbread :roll: :P :lol: :wink:
i'll just remember that you seem to attract nutters during the recording process...and i'll stay over here at the bar :wink:
James Blast
Banned

with your lager tops?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:It's shameful to see how far I go for the mere promise of shortbread :roll: :P :lol: :wink:
I'll remember that. :lol:
Eva

Andrew S wrote:
Eva wrote:It's shameful to see how far I go for the mere promise of shortbread :roll: :P :lol: :wink:
I'll remember that. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:with your lager tops?
and a Jack Daniels (with coke and ice) chaser :innocent: