My mp3 players dead! help!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

OK... I did the rather silly thing of charging my Mp3 player through my playstation 2's USB line..

Is it possible that a lower voltage USB connection could actually drain a battery.. I don't think the PS2 USB line is meant for mp3 players for some reason..

:(
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bizarre.

what kind of mp3 player is it?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gottdammerung

Sony one..

thing is I had it plugged in all night..

maybe the battery is buggered if the voltage was wrong.. but I would have thought all USB lines had the same voltage..

I'm going to try plugging it in to its proper adapter when I get home.. :(
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

very odd. i charge my creative zen micro mp3 player and my digi camera via the same usb2 cable, and have attached the mp3 player to various devices to charge it and its worked fine...

never tried a ps2 though as i dont own one :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gottdammerung

Quiff Boy wrote:very odd. i charge my creative zen micro mp3 player and my digi camera via the same usb2 cable, and have attached the mp3 player to various devices to charge it and its worked fine...

never tried a ps2 though as i dont own one :|
I did leave it on overnight though.....

its worrying as I bit torrented a load of music that I don't have on CD - well used to have on CD till they got damaged...

so it's going to be hard to replace it this now with my complete lack of download ability...

gah!!

:evil:

Hunter S. Thompson
ruffers
Overbomber

Should still be on the drive though surely even if there's no power?
Chucking another log on