VNV in the UK

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Corinthian
Road Kill

FFS Dave wrote:
Corinthian wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:At bloody last - VNV Nation have announced a UK tour.
Thanks Dave, just ordered two tickets for Sheffield :D

Mike Parker
Stonking. See you there Mike / Corinthian. :notworthy: Prepare for a group, 5 or 6 strong, all on Planet Dave. :eek: :twisted: 8)

Or worse.
Worse........... I have been to Planet Dave before - a couple of years ago in Leeds :innocent: :D

Who else is going?

Mike
You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Jamie AKA The Wound Guy, Matt (who was in the Angel and, obv., at the Blank Canvas), and a few of Matt's fellow Sheffieldian degenerates.

I'm giddy already, and there's Black Oktober to deal with before that. :D 8) :twisted:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:Surprise surprise! No dates north of the border... :roll:
Debaser wrote:Thursday 24 Nov 05: Edinburgh - Teviot House
:innocent:

this is not a dig BTW
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Manners, Blast? :eek:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
boudicca wrote:Surprise surprise! No dates north of the border... :roll:
Debaser wrote:Thursday 24 Nov 05: Edinburgh - Teviot House
:innocent:

this is not a dig BTW
:oops: Embra's in Scotland...?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Set list for the Athens gig 25/9/2005

intro
honour 2003
epicentre
chrome
legion
standing(empires version)
homeward(Ronan anounced this as the next single)
joy
perpetual
--------
further
procession
---------
beloved
electronaut

TOP NITE OUT :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sheffield, this Saturday. 8) Anyone from the banana republic off to this one?

Can't bloody wait. :notworthy: :twisted: :notworthy:
Debaser
Overbomber

There's a couple of my mates going to the Sheff gig - infact Miramir's a member here.

We're off to York to see Puressence and mingle with the St Nicholas Fayre hordes.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:There's a couple of my mates going to the Sheff gig - infact Miramir's a member here.

We're off to York to see Puressence and mingle with the St Nicholas Fayre hordes.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ooh, tell 'em to look out for the bloke on Planet Dave. Actually, the wives are coming (God knows why, they'll hate it), so tell 'em to look out for the dull quiet one in the corner. :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

I'll just tell 'em to look out for the guy wearing an orange bri-nylon trackie top...with Rammstein coloured in, in felt-tip, across the front.... :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Ewwww, that was nasty Mrs. Orange!

I'll hold her Dave, you can hit her :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Ewwww, that was nasty Mrs. Orange!

I'll hold her Dave, you can hit her :twisted:
Fer a fat burd, I'm a bit nippy.....dodging ana weavin' :P
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

What's the VNV live show like?

I started listening back in about '97(?) when I heard Solitary, but have never got round to a gig. And I doubt Ronan has any immediate plans to visit Asia.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

@ Mr Wah - well, the dvd is stonking enough. I'll let you know what they're like in the flesh next week. 8)

@ Debaser - haha, there'll no doubt be two of us, as usual (Matt's 'the decoy'), in the glorious Rrrrrstein trackie tops. 8) Very practical they are too, for when we're wandering without purpose or destination, and it's time to go home. Or A&E. :lol:

@ James. Don't be so violent. I'll simply set fire to her next time we meet. Punishment fits the crime, and all that :twisted: . Either that, or casually and politely enquire as to the whereabouts of that Chameleons cd. :innocent: :wink: :lol: :kiss:
Debaser
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: whereabouts of that Chameleons cd. :innocent: :wink: :lol: :kiss:
Oh shut it......I DID say not to expect it too soon...and to whoever I said about the Kills stuff......it'll get to you....at some stage.

:oops:
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:@ Mr Wah - well, the dvd is stonking enough. I'll let you know what they're like in the flesh next week. 8)
I'd forgotten all about that... thanks! 8) When I went to the only "alternative music shop" I'm aware of here to buy Matter + Form, the nice man working there offered me the VNV DVD too. For some bizarre reason I didn't take it. And then promptly forgot all about it. Think I'll go back and buy it.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Mr. Wah wrote: Think I'll go back and buy it.
Do it immediately! :D

Then turn off the house lights, stoke up your dry ice machine and strobe light, and away you go. Stonking. 8)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

FFS!! What a fcuking awesome band live. 8) 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: With staggeringly good support from SITD, last night was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. VNV should be headlining FAR bigger places than the Corp, but it was nice to see them in such a small room. Top night. Top blokes too. :notworthy: The full-on rave in the club after was also rather nice. :twisted:

Even Mandy loved it. :notworthy: :D Though how much that had to do with the drummer Matt (she 'would', apparently :eek: :lol: ) lifting her off the ground for a kiss is unclear.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:FFS!! What a fcuking awesome band live. 8) 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: With staggeringly good support from SITD, last night was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. VNV should be headlining FAR bigger places than the Corp, but it was nice to see them in such a small room. Top night. Top blokes too. :notworthy: The full-on rave in the club after was also rather nice. :twisted:

Even Mandy loved it. :notworthy: :D Though how much that had to do with the drummer Matt (she 'would', apparently :eek: :lol: ) lifting her off the ground for a kiss is unclear.
Do you remember the set list?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Silence is platinum wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:FFS!! What a fcuking awesome band live. 8) 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: With staggeringly good support from SITD, last night was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. VNV should be headlining FAR bigger places than the Corp, but it was nice to see them in such a small room. Top night. Top blokes too. :notworthy: The full-on rave in the club after was also rather nice. :twisted:

Do you remember the set list?
Those who know me will know that that is a very funny question. In short, nope, but the international forum http://www.vnvforum.com/thread.php?thre ... dba596abe4 has it. Bloody stonking gig. :notworthy: