london gigs?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i loath begging...

but:

anyone here going to the london gigs on friday/saturday the 18th & 19th april? or any other uk dates?

got a spare couch? ;D :innocent:

i'm currently weighing up the options for going to some of the other uk dates... it's all fairly dependant on me either getting somewhere to crash afterwards or a lift back to leeds afterwards... :roll:

i've got tickets for the two leeds ones, and will maybe go to manchester if i can get over my fear of that venue ;)

so, who can offer me a couch for any other uk dates? :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Black Horizon wrote:What's so scary about the Manchester Academy? :?: :? :urff:
a) It's in Manchester...Which for many people will elicit the well-considered and - to my mind - perfectly reasonable response "'Nuff said!"

b) It's a bl**dy dreadful venue with all the atmosphere of a very un-atmospheric place somewhat lacking in ambience or a sense of The Big Occasion...It rather reminds me (*aaah the memories*) of the very big concrete hangar at the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton where they keep one of the original Concordes...Perhaps not the best place to see Our Heroes ply their trade...

Perhaps less 'scary' though and more just 'crap'...Honestly, it's a venue to be avoided. :)
Amused to death...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Lars Svensson wrote:
Black Horizon wrote:What's so scary about the Manchester Academy? :?: :? :urff:
a) It's in Manchester...Which for many people will elicit the well-considered and - to my mind - perfectly reasonable response "'Nuff said!"

b) It's a bl**dy dreadful venue with all the atmosphere of a very un-atmospheric place somewhat lacking in ambience or a sense of The Big Occasion...It rather reminds me (*aaah the memories*) of the very big concrete hangar at the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton where they keep one of the original Concordes...Perhaps not the best place to see Our Heroes ply their trade...

Perhaps less 'scary' though and more just 'crap'...Honestly, it's a venue to be avoided. :)
yup.

listen to the man. he knoweth of what i speak...

academy = poo ;) :roll:
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i kinda like it...
hehe

not for the acoustics... but because i saw my first ever live gig their

placebo ;)

then the sisters
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I saw my first at the Manchester Apollo, Anthrax and Public Enemy :twisted: ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fookin ell' what a night, back in 91 :roll:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:i loath begging...

but:

anyone here going to the london gigs on friday/saturday the 18th & 19th april? or any other uk dates?

got a spare couch? ;D :innocent:

i'm currently weighing up the options for going to some of the other uk dates... it's all fairly dependant on me either getting somewhere to crash afterwards or a lift back to leeds afterwards... :roll:

i've got tickets for the two leeds ones, and will maybe go to manchester if i can get over my fear of that venue ;)

so, who can offer me a couch for any other uk dates? :von:
That would really be no problem at all. Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket or something....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

coo! two offers! ;D

cheers 'ed :)

will you be going to either date? i really fancy both, ticket permitting!

also, its over the easter weekend isnt it? good friday & the saturday? hmm, i wonder what trains etc will be like... :(
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

A good question, I've yet to get a ticket (oh dear); which depends on whether I can convince my [irish catholic] father that I 'm not being deliberatly disrespectful; which isn't trivial.

Hopefully I'd like to go to the good friday doo, then hike upto York for the Sunday nonsence!

Travel may well be an issue, though...
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

We'll be at London on the Saturday!

By the bar in hat!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

So will I, talking to a bloke at the bar in a hat... 8) :D :notworthy:
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

The lady with the cats and the enormous drink capacity and two of her friends will also be at the bar talking to people with long hair or in hats!
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

after much deliberation, i dont think i'll bother with the sisters in
london.

its good friday/easter weekend and transport/trains/coaches/etc will be an absolute nightmare :(

so, i've decided that if i can get a ticket i will brave the manny academy again...

thanks to everyone that offered me a place to crash though. very much appreciated :) :von: :notworthy:

i may take one or more of you up on your offers at some point in the furture... whats the slimelight like these days? :wink: :innocent:

leeds and manchester it is then ;D
karin

If you still need a place to doss you can stay at the old man's ( totally grotty but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick) email karin 23 etc.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Are there still tickets avilable for the London gigs? Won't be able to buy anything until I get back to the UK on 2rd April. There better be some left then!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

There's still loadsa tix on Aloud.com, and apparently they've only sold less than half the capacity for each night... :? And I thought the Leeds and Wolves tix would have sold out by now... Looks like the absence of any new product from Von & Co for so many years now is beginning to take its toll... :|
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Indeed

£20 for a ticket to see a band most people last heard of in 93 in not going to cut much mustard!

Also considing that most of the set is only to be found on a bootleg marginalises them still further
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
X
Shooting Fire From The Hip

Ed Rhombus wrote:The lady with the cats and the enormous drink capacity and two of her friends will also be at the bar talking to people with long hair or in hats!
I may be one of those long haired ones.
Why is there no long haired Emoticon? :twisted:
You can keep your Krishna burger's, and your Glastonbury hippie's, you can stick your frothy lager and your blow wave hair styles.
karin

Ah Quiff (dear Boy) I notice you haven't taken me up on my offer. Very wise as I forgot that the old man doesn't spend so much time at my place on account of my cooking. It's because he lives next door to a crack house. Oh yes, indeed, many-a- morn at 3 am have I stuck my head out of the front door and asked the police /disgruntled customer if they could kick the door in more quietly as some of us have to sleep at night. :D
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

X wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:The lady with the cats and the enormous drink capacity and two of her friends will also be at the bar talking to people with long hair or in hats!

I'm going to the Good Friday show and will obvously be the only one at the bar with very short hair ............... :(
Hell is other people
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Black Dahlia wrote:
X wrote:

I'm going to the Good Friday show and will obvously be the only one at the bar with very short hair ............... :(
I'll buy you a drink if you spot me.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

MrEddy wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:
X wrote: I may be one of those long haired ones.

Care to give us a clue your Edness?..................... :?:
Hell is other people
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Black Dahlia wrote:
MrEddy wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:
I'll be in beige, with a tie. If it's cold, I'll be in a hat. I wear spex, have short hair. :wink:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

MrEddy wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:
MrEddy wrote: I'll buy you a drink if you spot me.
I'll be in beige, with a tie. If it's cold, I'll be in a hat. I wear spex, have short hair. :wink:
BEIGE????
Hell is other people
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black Dahlia wrote:
MrEddy wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:Care to give us a clue your Edness?..................... :?:
BEIGE????
yup. beige...

think "an englishman abroad", pg woodhouse, turn of the empire, colonial britain, old school tie, etc... ;) :D
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Oooh

Maybe I should wear one of my pith helmets on the saturday to keep up standards
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com