Is it safe?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Francis
Overbomber

To leave your backdoor open where you live?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
scotty
Overbomber

Francis wrote:To leave your backdoor open where you live?
Aye.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Yeah.
They'll nick everything else, but the door will still be there when you get back......

:urff:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

No. Then again, I don't have a backdoor.
Francis
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Aye.
Moooo!
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

People on my street use to leave their backdoors open all the time, but then someone tried to get into my house, and my next door neighbour found that someone had been walking around in his house while he was at work.
Last edited by nick the stripper on 02 Dec 2005, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

We live in a pikey area so not a good idea. Plus the house would be full of feral cats as well in abut 5 mins.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Do you mean unlocked or actually open?

If it's just unlocked, I'd be fine... living as I do in the leafy tree-lined suburb which provides such amusement to my fellow Scots :roll: :oops: :P .

If I left it open:

a) It would get PURE BALTIC cold, by the way man, so it wid...
b) The place would be overtaken by squirrels. ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i leave the security arrangements up to my dog. so, yes. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Don't you people sleep?
Only a paand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Don't you people sleep?
not until sunday night now,at least.
:lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Hardcore
Only a paand.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Pretty safe but a bit too cold these days....
"as we walk on the floodland"
hallucienate
Overbomber

Yes, but on a chain and then the safety gate must be locked. and the side gate must also be locked. There is also razor wire above the side gate and most of the garden wall.

So techinically: yes.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

No, sadly. Mainly because of the aforementioned pikeys, and being overlooked by a block of flats. However, I am still hoping that Father Christmas is going to give me a patented Canine Defence Unit.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Don't have a backdoor...

but if it were, I figure that most of my house would be looted..

oh, the joys of living in Brixton... :lol:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Can I be the first to lower the tone and recognise the immediate double-entendre here? :oops:

My back door is firmly locked, BTW. Two mortis and two conventional locks with ironing board jammed up against the inner handle. You'd think it was rough up Leeds 16, wouldn't you? It ain't that bad. The odd chav on a scooter now-and-again is the worst it's got. Must be the fact that Weetwood Police Station is just across the road.

That and the fact that I'd break every bone in any f**ker's body that got into our house when my little girl was there :evil:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Living at the very edge of the centre of Antwerp, I've let my front door wide open by accident a couple of times :oops:

So far no-one ever abused my stupidity on that matter :lol:

And my backdoor wouldn't be a problem at all, as you only can get to that one through our little gardenlike thing (to small to be a real one actually), which is bordered by walls of about 2.5 metres and on the other side of those walls you have the neighbours, so no troubles there ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:Living at the very edge of the centre of Antwerp, I've let my front door wide open by accident a couple of times :oops:

But then again Zeno; your property is guarded by a dog..... :)

If someone is entering my house the person will finds two cats who will just ask for food.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ozpat wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Living at the very edge of the centre of Antwerp, I've let my front door wide open by accident a couple of times :oops:

But then again Zeno; your property is guarded by a dog..... :)

If someone is entering my house the person will finds two cats who will just ask for food.
At that time she wasn't around here yet, I think :lol:

Don't know how she'd react when we'd get burglars though, think she'd probably try to lick them to death :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Don't have a backdoor since I live in an appartment, but I've learnt my lesson when at my old address they broke in and stole my wallet.
They left the front door wide open and all, woke up from the cold (it was November, a good old real COLD November).
Glad it was just my wallet. Glad they caught him too. And very glad they caught me on the trial when I was going to smash his skull right through his spleen down till his arse. What with me being a rather calm person in normal circumstances, I was afraid of myself at that moment.

Nowadays, the front door double-locked whenever we leave or go to bed. Takes one second to do and saves you a lot of worries.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Don't have a backdoor since I live in an appartment, but I've learnt my lesson when at my old address they broke in and stole my wallet.
They left the front door wide open and all, woke up from the cold (it was November, a good old real COLD November).
Glad it was just my wallet. Glad they caught him too. And very glad they caught me on the trial when I was going to smash his skull right through his spleen down till his arse. What with me being a rather calm person in normal circumstances, I was afraid of myself at that moment.

Nowadays, the front door double-locked whenever we leave or go to bed. Takes one second to do and saves you a lot of worries.

IZ.
I can imagine what would have happened to him on the trial if he would have stolen and sold your entire record/cd collection. :roll:
Mrs. Snowey

I'm just glad we've got decent neighbours now(on one side anyway). The previous ones were responsible for having a son whose hobby was breaking into houses. Including ours. :evil: We got back from somewhere to find the latch had been dropped on the front door. Let ourselves in round the back and thought no more about it (we'd just moved in so it was impossible to tell someone had been rifling through stuff). It was only when I noticed that the plant which was by the back kitchen window was now on the floor, said window having been forced, that the penny dropped.

Then we noticed some vouchers had gone AWOL. Which was mildly amusing, as they were all book tokens :lol:

No back door antics round here. Except when we're actually in the building.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
snowey

Mrs. Snowey wrote: No back door antics round here. Except when we're actually in the building.
I would word that a little better dear.... :roll:

You know some of the people on this board are pervs.... :lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

So that was the question then?
Chucking another log on