Smokers don't get jobs...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

scotty wrote:I'll be alright, nobody will ever figure out my real name from posts on here :innocent:
Frank?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
scotty wrote:I'll be alright, nobody will ever figure out my real name from posts on here :innocent:
Frank?
Rumplestiltskin :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

And even if they did, I doubt you'd get a knock on the door as the shady Buxcorp guys :von: would have to get past a whole bunch of marauding COOS first! :lol: :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

and a wee dug
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
And even if they did, I doubt you'd get a knock on the door as the shady Buxcorp guys :von: would have to get past a whole bunch of marauding COOS first! :lol: :wink:
Not if the COOS are in the pay of :von:

Look closely, you'll see a head and star branded on their backsides ;)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Motz wrote:
boudicca wrote:
Not if the COOS are in the pay of :von:
Nice idea... but Heilan' coos answer to no man! ;D
aims
Overbomber

That's because most men are too tall for them to see eye to eye with :innocent:
scotty
Overbomber

Motz wrote:That's because most men are too tall for them to see eye to eye with :innocent:
Now there speaks a Man that's never seen a"Heilan' Coo" :lol: , and you're right Boudicca, they're as wild as Thunder!!
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
aims
Overbomber

I stand corrected :oops:

My error might have something to do with the fact that the closest I've got to aforementioned Coos is a 6" by 4" print of a batik that I brought back from a holiday on Islay :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

do Coos and effect go hand in hand? :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:I'm always slightly bemused between the paradox of smoking and drinking. One is ostracized and the other is socially acceptable.
That's because sitting in the same room as people having a pint doesn't give you lung cancer through passive smoking
aims
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Johnny M wrote:I'm always slightly bemused between the paradox of smoking and drinking. One is ostracized and the other is socially acceptable.
That's because sitting in the same room as people having a pint doesn't give you lung cancer through passive smoking
That depends on the smoking policy of your pub of choice :innocent:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
That depends on the smoking policy of your pub of choice :innocent:
I meant sitting in a room in general with no-one smoking
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

But it could cause a black eye through passive drinking with Chelsea-fanatics...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
But it could cause a black eye through passive drinking with Chelsea-fanatics...

IZ.
That's ok because I don't know any!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Bloody HLanders are responsible for quite a bit of passive drinking.

In the George:

"What would you like?"
"I'll just have a Coke thanks..."
"Oh, go on, will you not have a drink?"
"I'm likely to wind up on the street singing "Hey Big Spender" and impersonating your accents anyway"
"GO ON! Have a drink!"
"No really, I'm alright..."

ad infinitum :roll: :lol:

On Planet Dave:

"There's some lovely Estonian vodka, do you want some?"
"Haha... well, I don't know..."
"Go on, try a bit" *passes me the bottle, I take tiny sip and my throat goes on fire*
" :eek: CHRIST ON A BIKE!"
"I'll put some in your Coke..."
"Alright, just a little then..."
*Dave proceeds to empty the majority of the bottle's contents into my Cola, rendering it absolutely undrinkable.

They bloody tried, I'll give 'em that! :notworthy: :kiss:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Mute point. But I was thinking more along the lines of the health issues (as discussed on the Bestie thread), anti-social behaviour generated through excess alcohol consumption, lost productivity though sickies/hang overs etc.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Johnny M wrote:I'm always slightly bemused between the paradox of smoking and drinking. One is ostracized and the other is socially acceptable. As the former used to be. How long before the latter is ostracized as well?

I can't be arsed to do any research on the seperate subjects as I'd rather lose myself in Emily. 8)

Easy Jo, you're fine. :wink:
:eek: it did make me jump.. :lol:
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:Bloody HLanders are responsible for quite a bit of passive drinking.

In the George:

"What would you like?"
"I'll just have a Coke thanks..."
"Oh, go on, will you not have a drink?"
"I'm likely to wind up on the street singing "Hey Big Spender" and impersonating your accents anyway"
"GO ON! Have a drink!"
"No really, I'm alright..."

ad infinitum :roll: :lol:

On Planet Dave:

"There's some lovely Estonian vodka, do you want some?"
"Haha... well, I don't know..."
"Go on, try a bit" *passes me the bottle, I take tiny sip and my throat goes on fire*
" :eek: CHRIST ON A BIKE!"
"I'll put some in your Coke..."
"Alright, just a little then..."
*Dave proceeds to empty the majority of the bottle's contents into my Cola, rendering it absolutely undrinkable.

They bloody tried, I'll give 'em that! :notworthy: :kiss:
If I'd known there was a chance to get you singing Claire, I'd have fetched the funnel to 'assist' you with that vodka. :lol: Blooming gorgeous stuff, it was wrong to soil it with coke. Ya wee jessie. (no, not you, canon :wink: )
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Have you any evidence that "passive smoking" gives people lung cancer?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks.

I think.

Bollocks, that's my argument shot down before it even got off the ground. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:If I'd known there was a chance to get you singing Claire, I'd have fetched the funnel to 'assist' you with that vodka.
:lol: All the demon drink would have done would be turn a 99% chance that I would sing THIS song into a 100% chance.

Now are you sure you still want to feed me that vodka? :innocent: :twisted:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote: :lol: All the demon drink would have done would be turn a 99% chance that I would sing THIS song into a 100% chance.

For your clicky-thingy :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: I also like the moon!
And ya betcha about feeding you vodka...I have to see this to believe it!

MB :wink: :lol: 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:
boudicca wrote: :lol: All the demon drink would have done would be turn a 99% chance that I would sing THIS song into a 100% chance.

For your clicky-thingy :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: I also like the moon!
And ya betcha about feeding you vodka...I have to see this to believe it!

MB :wink: :lol: 8)
:lol: You're one of a growing army who seems very keen to see this.
Careful what you wish for! :wink: