THE YOUNG GODS

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

I was wondering whether anyone went to any of the gigs this week - Dublin, Liverpool, Cardiff, london?
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Nope, I've never heard of them.
Andie
Overbomber

Heard of them [the young gods]

wouldn't want to see them tho :urff:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

didn't know they were still going. but TV Sky is a great LP, saw them a couple of times on that tour, might even have a boot of a gig knocking around

and what's that double LP follow up,(live sky tour) got that somewhere
Goths have feelings too
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dammit, didn't know they were playing... :(
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
jamscones
Road Kill

I saw them in Cardiff on Friday night. They were awesome, however the venue (small!) wasn't even half full. :( Even dreary crap like I Am Kloot managed to fill the club. However, the band didn't seem too bothered, and were all smiles and professionalism

First time I'd seen them live - been a fan since TV Sky came out, and I'd heard that Franz has a lot of stage presence, which is right on the mark. The guy is a star, and it's such a shame they've never gained more recognition. It wasn't all pre-sequenced routines either, the keyboard player was mixing it up a bit, even sampling Franz's vocals in realtime, and playing them back within the track.

Didn't watch the support, but apparently it was a pair of electro-chancers called The Broken Arm of Love.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Unfortunately I'll miss them this time in Zurich, as they play 9th December and I'll be in Breda to watch NMA... :(

But when they played Montreux last summer they got excellent reviews.
You can't fix stupid.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

They're great! I mentioned them quite a few times here on Heartland, but still some of you have never heard of them :roll: :wink: Seen'm live this summer on the Dour festival in little Belgium and was very impressed. Franz is a great performer, without a doubt. Be sure to check their new compilation 'XXY-20 Years'...

A few years ago The Young Gods were rumoured to support the Sisters in London (I believe it was the 2 Astoria gigs, but not sure)... sadly that didn't happen. Maybe the 2006 gigs?
Eva

radiojamaica wrote: A few years ago The Young Gods were rumoured to support the Sisters in London (I believe it was the 2 Astoria gigs, but not sure)... sadly that didn't happen. Maybe the 2006 gigs?
Now this would be the best idea ever - and the first time that The Sisters'd have a good support band. :notworthy: Perish the thought of flaming me, de gustibus non est disputandum... ;D
You can't fix stupid.
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

I was really pissed off that I'd missed them - saw them in Manchester about 15 years ago and they were outstanding. I couldn't imagine them supporting the Sisters tho, they'd be too good. Im sure there is a perfectly obvious reason why The Sisters support bands are always s**t, mybe akin to Jim Morrison's band being ugly!?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:o :lol:

controversial ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote::o :lol:

controversial ;)
surely not :innocent:
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:Unfortunately I'll miss them this time in Zurich, as they play 9th December and I'll be in Breda to watch NMA... :(
NWA(?) over The Young Gods. The return of pub rock is an ugly thought!
James Blast
Banned

saw them at a small club in Glasgow on the Only Heaven tour, pretty intense
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva

a.r.kane wrote: NWA(?) over The Young Gods. The return of pub rock is an ugly thought!
I'd agreed to go see New Model Army then and there LONG before I found out about The Young Gods playing in Zurich... :innocent: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Young Gods - I think once they were a great band, don't know anything about them now.
do i drive
or am i driven