21st CenTury Doors!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
TwinKle
Road Kill

I was informed today that Ian Astburys had been fronting a reformed Doors with the original members Ray Manzerek and Robby Krleger and theyve been touring... How the feck did I miss this? :( Apparently Astbury does his own thing lyrically and its not a tribute styley to Morrison... :eek:

http://www.raymanzarek.com/index.html
~~ AnD the deVil in blacK dreSS waTches oVer, mY guardiaN anGel walks aWay ~~
scotty
Overbomber

TwinKle wrote:I was informed today that Ian Astburys had been fronting a reformed Doors with the original members Ray Manzerek and Robby Krleger and theyve been touring... How the feck did I miss this? :( Apparently Astbury does his own thing lyrically and its not a tribute styley to Morrison... :eek:

We were going to go and see them in Glasgow, but the tickets were sixty five quid :eek: :evil: .............so we didn't :roll: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
TwinKle
Road Kill

scotty wrote:
TwinKle wrote:I was informed today that Ian Astburys had been fronting a reformed Doors with the original members Ray Manzerek and Robby Krleger and theyve been touring... How the feck did I miss this? :( Apparently Astbury does his own thing lyrically and its not a tribute styley to Morrison... :eek:

We were going to go and see them in Glasgow, but the tickets were sixty five quid :eek: :evil: .............so we didn't :roll: .
Sixty quids a bit steep! :eek: Dont think I could justify that amount for a gig... :?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

scotty wrote: but the tickets were sixty five quid
:eek: :eek: :eek:

65 quid??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
TwinKle
Road Kill

Nick Caves were forty quid and that was touch and go whether I bought them.. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Andie
Overbomber

Riders On The Storm

i believe the useage of the name The Doors has been banned due to the other surviving member John Densmore and the Morrison clan taking the touring band to court

Ian Astbury sounds great by the way...just thought i leave that in there...he's been billed as "The Voice Of The Cult"...and they...are back...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Astbury always did have a bit of a Jim Morrison fixation didn't he?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Hense the hair do
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

He's also singing for The MC5
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

so don't they do any doors stuff?
well of course they do -and it will sound horrendously like astbury singing a doors song....either "in the style of" or not.i can't think which would be worse.

astbury does his own thing lyrically? (so they're doing new stuff too?)
i'm afraid that's an "of course" as well. morrison might have been an egotistical pseudo-philosophical drugs lightweight who died in the bath like a nancy but he had a distinctive voice and he could write lyrics that weren't wholly reliant on YEEEAAAAH!!BABY BABY BABY BABY! etc. (so could astbury .....once).

and i wouldn't pay 65 squid to see a reanimated mr mojo risin. even if it meant i could shout "lightweight" at him all night. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:
scotty wrote: but the tickets were sixty five quid
:eek: :eek: :eek:

65 quid??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BeJesus! I'm a big fan of the original Doors (and the Cult) but that's too much for any gig. Would be interested to hear what they sound like, though.