XmASS & New Year

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Am I the only one in here who does not like Xm-ASS? This year it is going to be lots of time-management for me as it is the 1st christmas that me and my ex-husband are spending separately and we need to share time with our child... I find Xmass overrated and pointless anyway... especially in this country (it is more traditional in Poland). Made an effort this year - got a Xmass tree, hahaha!

I am looking forward to New Years Eve though - my boyfriend and me as well as a few Turbojugends from Germany are going to invide Prague for 2 days! Drink and Destroy - Cannot wait! What are everybody's plans for New Years Eve?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I've never been too keen on xmas
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 18 Dec 2005, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Around these parts it's always a very pleasant eat-feast, which I don't mind having, but in your situation I certainly wouldn't be to pleased with it either... Time-management on holidays :?

For me it's new year I'm not looking forward too. We used to do it with a couple of friends, but you know the score. One gets a girlfriend and drops off, another one gets other friends, etc. Now I most probably will be spending it with the last survivor of the group, at some stranger's place with his friends in the place he goes to Uni... Don't know if I'm looking forward to that :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I don't mind Christmas as far as a few bonus days off work but apart from that I really couldn't care less - it's all become so distorted and I don't mean from the Christian bits and pieces.
scotty
Overbomber

I fuckin' HATE Christmas, it's PISH PISH PISH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . OK.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Thea
Overbomber

I like Christmas. I like the tacky music in shops and the pretty lights.
TwinKle
Road Kill

scotty wrote:I fuckin' HATE Christmas, it's PISH PISH PISH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . OK.
I'll second that... Bah HuMbugggggggggg! :evil: Ive beeen wrapping presnts till they're coming out me ears... :cry:
~~ AnD the deVil in blacK dreSS waTches oVer, mY guardiaN anGel walks aWay ~~
Delilah

Obviousman wrote:Around these parts it's always a very pleasant eat-feast, which I don't mind having, but in your situation I certainly wouldn't be to pleased with it either... Time-management on holidays :?
hell yeah. Xmass eve at mine, and X-mass am, te back at mine at bpxing day... I'm only celebrating xmass because of my kid, i wouldn't bother anyways...
For me it's new year I'm not looking forward too. We used to do it with a couple of friends, but you know the score.
now, you future Turbojugend member :twisted: :wink: ! Come and join us in Prague for some heavy drinking, sex and rock'n'roll.And maybe some d**gs too! :innocent: :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

It is one of those periods of the year that people have the decency to pretend all is peace and loving, and actually try to ACT as if they mean it for at least a week.

Which is fine with me. I like presents, I like a good dinner, I love the light-therapy and we have a luverly Christmas Tree.

And since I have a very nice family and in-laws, these are the times they tend to forget about old age, imminent death, incureable diseases and overall depression. Which makes me smile and feel good a lot.

And there is a speaker right under my apartment window blurting out Nat King Cole, and I just figured out I only have to rewire two cables to let the whole street hear some System Of A Down instead.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
aims
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:now, you future Turbojugend member :twisted: :wink: ! Come and join us in Prague for some heavy drinking, sex and rock'n'roll.And maybe some d**gs too! :innocent: :wink:
Wee d*gs? And a coo? ;D
Andie
Overbomber

xmas sucks

new year roools

now let me get on with being depressed for a further week...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

well I feel good, so I'm not bothered
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

it's the falseness of people at xmas that pisses me off - but I've said enough of that elsewhere.
Delilah

lazarus corporation wrote:it's the falseness of people at xmas that pisses me off - but I've said enough of that elsewhere.
haha... tell me about it! I had to spend several XmASSes with my mother-in-law. So I really had to pretend to be nice... which was not easy! :lol:
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Presents - gooooooooood!

The rest of it - s**t.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Growing up it was always my favorite time of year. Not this time round.

If you can't be with loved ones - for whatever reason - you only feel it more keenly. And it all starts to seem like some evil conspiracy dreamt up to remind you of this. :|

New Year I've never liked. "Well, last year was awful - let's hope this one's better... awww f**k who am I kidding, I'm off to watch Jools' Hootenany"... Always been seriously under-celebrated by me.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Francis
Overbomber

Christmas is great. Cos they play Slade a lot. New Year's Eve, on the other hand, is full of amateurs puking up on your shoes and fat slappers trying to tongue you at midnight. Consequently, I shall, as usual, be baby-sitting and, most probably, playing Mousetrap. I might even splash out on a few humbugs.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Francis wrote:fat slappers trying to tongue you at midnight.
It's that aftershave you wear Francis. I could barely control myself when we were on that grand tour of Leeds... :innocent: :kiss: ;D

(But I'm not fat, or a slapper, let's just make that clear...)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:And there is a speaker right under my apartment window blurting out Nat King Cole, and I just figured out I only have to rewire two cables to let the whole street hear some System Of A Down instead.
Go on I dare you. You know you want to. :innocent:
Petseri
Overbomber

I prefer Christmas over X-mas. ;D (I also like the time of year.)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i don't mind christmas day now that i've got kids; got robo-raptor to play with this year and i might even get out of cooking (yeah,right! :roll:) ; everything before and during "the christmas period" and the anti-climax of new year is bollocks.

at least this year i don't have to do the relatives -i haven't got any left and mrs whizz's all hate me nearly as much as i hate them.

our car's just burnt out the clutch (timing!) and charlotte's still breast-feeding so for new years i doubt i'll make it much further than -oooh! sat here! :roll:

you've got the right idea ania going to prague. sodium based nazi-crank amphetamine cheap steak-houses practically free beer and the 50p "shine". :twisted: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Love and peace for everybody....for 2 days. Very hypocrit IMO.
It's got hardly anything to do with celebrating the birth of the Child.
It's got everything to do with food and presents....

Like Izz I do like the lights during the dark days. When I go to work, it's still dark. Back home, it's dark again.

New years eve is fine with me. At least one of the worst years of my life comes to and end....
And I'm gonna have a drink on that one!!! 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
canon docre
Overbomber

Christmas died for me when my mother died.

Nowadays I just try to sneak in other peoples families to not be completely alone on that day.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Delilah wrote:
For me it's new year I'm not looking forward too. We used to do it with a couple of friends, but you know the score.
now, you future Turbojugend member :twisted: :wink: ! Come and join us in Prague for some heavy drinking, sex and rock'n'roll.And maybe some d**gs too! :innocent: :wink:
Prague, doesn't sound too bad :lol:

But got to be home the next day, so I can't get out of the country, I'm affraid :|

Will try to do some serious drinking nevertheless ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's not Christmas itself I dislike, it's the month-and-a-half lead-in sorting out the shopping for presents etc.

Christmas itself: Presents, booze, too much food, booze, more food, presents... :notworthy:

And of course James Bond movies on the telly ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell