Maxalt for migrains

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I finally got myself to the doctor, and as I was there I finally asked for some pills for my migrain. he was in a hurry and didnt really feel like answering any questions :roll:

So when I got home i read the side effects :eek: It goes from confused, tired, headache, disorianted(?), rash, skin loss :eek: , vomiting, unnormally high pulse, redused feeling in skin, muscle weakness and the list goes on and on. Im guessing this is not like juust lighting some wacky tobacky and relaxing, lol. I am not really looking forward to the day I have to try these....

Any one ever tried these pills? They are for melting under the tongue.

Maxalt Rapitab 10 mg.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Pills being used for migrain causing headaches? :roll:

Ever checked your blood pressure?

A doctor should take his or her time to give you a proper check up!
Do not just take the pills. First thing I would do is trying to find out what is causing the problem before trying to solve it....
"as we walk on the floodland"
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Pft, he didnt have time for that. And ive been coughing up my lungs for two weeks now, and all he said was "Everyone is sick now, theres a virus going around" And he said I shouldnt take cough syrup :!: :eek:

Yeah that goes in the book for marvelous inventions, headache pills causing headache--- :roll:

I am changing my doctor yes. I never go to the doctor, and when I finally do I do not wanna be treated like that. A girl at work said she heard rumours about him too, that hes always grumpy..
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Lynchfanatic wrote:Pft, he didnt have time for that. And ive been coughing up my lungs for two weeks now, and all he said was "Everyone is sick now, theres a virus going around" And he said I shouldnt take cough syrup :!: :eek:

Yeah that goes in the book for marvelous inventions, headache pills causing headache--- :roll:

I am changing my doctor yes. I never go to the doctor, and when I finally do I do not wanna be treated like that. A girl at work said she heard rumours about him too, that hes always grumpy..
You have got a health insurance I guess, for which you have to pay.
You should get a proper check...

I once had a girlfriend who had these huge migrains and her doktor did not do anything but saying it was stress. We went to see my doctor and he checked her blood pressure. It seemed to be the cause of the headaches and she got pills for it. One proper check up....problem solved. In my opinion you should demand this because that's what you are paying for. Don't accept a bullsh!t answer. It's YOUR health.

If you wanna talk about it, feel free to PM!

Take care! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I wouldn' worry too much, it's par for the course that they list the side effects of every medication even if you have a one in a million chance of actually experiencing them... litigation and all that kind of thing.. But should you start feeling any of the side effects, stop your medication at once and go back to your doctor...
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:I wouldn' worry too much, it's par for the course that they list the side effects of every medication even if you have a one in a million chance of actually experiencing them... litigation and all that kind of thing..
Exactly, they have to list any side effect that anyone could have suffered from taking Maxalt at all
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I do kinda worry too much when it comes to stuff like that, hehe. I dont like to put any chemical things in my system. I even try not to take paracetamol, but then again, that has not made me resistant to it, so it helps to take it.. Well not good enough anymore, lol.

If I start losing my skin I will let you know ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Migrains are no fun at all :cry:

I'm on naratriptan, they work about 50% of the time, but hey 1 less migrain is a blessing... and so far there have been no side effects at all. I got some other pills that melt in the mouth to stop my throwing up (supposed to take these as well), but I don't gettem any more, they didn't work and I can't remember what they where called, sorry.
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Metoclopramide?

Domperidone?

Prochlorperazine?
Andie
Overbomber

um...does any of this ring a bell
10mg as soon a possible after onset. repeted after 2 hours if migraine reoccours (patient not responding should not take second dose for same attack) max 20mg in 24 hours
in other words it's good for migrains...you may have an adverse reaction to the medication...and if you do, stop taking them and go back to the doctor and ask for something else...

:eek:

Migrains suck :urff:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

none of mrswhizz's (excellent) nhs pharmaceutical reference books say any more about Maxalt (Rizatripan) than your list does lynchey.

@ BoF -are you actually a qualified pharmacist Libs? -(i may have asked you this before).
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I own a copy of the Physicians Desk Reference. I’ll have to look Maxalt up. I personally like to use Migraleave to get rid of my migraines.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Metoclopramide?

Domperidone?

Prochlorperazine?
Those are all '90s grindcore-bands, BoF ;D

The second one actually sounds like one is humming a song... :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:@ BoF -are you actually a qualified pharmacist Libs? -(i may have asked you this before).
Nah but I am a qualified (and soon to be registered and everyfink) Pharmacy Technician - the next best thing!

IZ I have been known to look up Carcass songtitles in our works medical dictionary and sometimes I wish I hadn't :urff:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:IZ I have been known to look up Carcass songtitles in our works medical dictionary and sometimes I wish I hadn't :urff:
You mean stuff like 'Cadaveric Incubator of Endo Parasites' ;D

You know that's exactly the way they named their songs in the first place. Take the Med Dict, open on random page, pick one that sounds good.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

Lynchfanatic wrote:confused, tired, headache, disoriantated, rash, vomiting, unnormally high pulse, reduced feeling in skin, muscle weakness...
Welcome to my life! :D
I think its called years of debauchery, the reckoning

slight editing on the quote, no offence meant
:D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Burn wrote:um...does any of this ring a bell
10mg as soon a possible after onset. repeted after 2 hours if migraine reoccours (patient not responding should not take second dose for same attack) max 20mg in 24 hours
in other words it's good for migrains...you may have an adverse reaction to the medication...and if you do, stop taking them and go back to the doctor and ask for something else...

:eek:

Migrains suck :urff:
Yup, thats what it says. Luckely I dont have them that often, like once a month.... And so far, knock on wood, I dont throw up... yet. Feeling like it getting stronger as time passes though..

@James, non taken ;) I am a bad typer, especially with words I dont normally use in the english language ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
James Blast
Banned

Lynchfanatic wrote:@James, non taken ;) I am a bad typer, especially with words I dont normally use in the english language ;)
Thankee! LF :D and, your typing in our arcane language is most excellent Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele